• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So, Pokemon Trainer's Voice: Lung Cancer?

Kabuto Mushi

Smash Journeyman
"Charizard, gimme a light."
*cough*

Seriously though, why pick such an annoying voice for such an awesome character? He sounds like he has emphysema or something. I've though twice about playing as him before just becuase of it. Sorry for such a rando topic, but really...
:dizzy:

Fawriel

Smash Master
If Squirtle and Ivysaur hadn't inexplicably turned into toads, it would be so much easier to live with PT having swallowed one.

agentwaffle

Smash Rookie
Squirtle had one too many proteins, Charizard had one too less, and Ivysaur is a little big compared to the trainer.

TheLake

Smash Master
This thread MUST be stickied.

Must I say must!

Wish you could change the voices though...I want a chicky poo ivysaur D:

ReK99

Smash Rookie
It's what happens when you get the person who did the VA for Ash in the dubbed anime after she hasn't done it repeatedly (I'd hope), and tell her to sound like Ash, but not Ash.

That's assuming I'm thinking of the right VA, but if they picked up anyone new to do the voice they probably used the VA in question's voice to go off of. In that case it's just one VA trying to copy another, and that almost always turns out terrible.

(P.Trainer does sound like he needs some water though. ^^)

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Interestingly enough, my friends and I were discussing this too. He does sound like a smoker. I think they used Ash's new VA who I haven't heard? Oh well. Makes for some fun times playing as Red.

"COME BACK!"
"GO CHARIZARD!"
"GOOD JOB CHARIZARD!"

XD

KoopaKoot

Smash Apprentice
It's not Ash's new or voice actor. When he smiles and laughs in SSE (when he meets Lucas) he sounds 20 years older. >_>

agentwaffle

Smash Rookie
When you select him while using the Wii-mote, He says "Go for it!" and it sounds really gay. Anyone agree?

Tipzntrix

Smash Apprentice
I agree that PT's voice sounds fine for what he is suppsoed to be. A brazen youth with dreams, right?

Top Bottom