• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So now that shielding is no longer analog...

Gono

Smash Cadet
Who else is changing shield to their Z button and putting grab on R?

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
LAWL awesome post. Yeah, sucks to be nunchuck guy.

lool jk have fun doin' whatever that weird crap is!

I might fool around with the controls later, but right now I'm still using L/R.

Gono

Smash Cadet
If you depressed R(or L) slightly, a large but very slidey shield would appear in melee, now it does not not. The only way to get a shield up is press it till it clicks, with my main as diddy this can make glide tossing a little bit troublesome.

Renvi

Smash Rookie
Gono;4105056]Oh, I'm so sorry, I had no idea. You have my condolences.
LOLZZZ.

fyi, I don't play competitively, so I have no reason to use a GC controller. That is, since I do not play to win, I won't bother using controllers that I am used to. Sometimes people like to try out new things, you know. :3

S2

Smash Lord
I'm just taking the spring out of the R trigger.
Careful, if you plan on going to any tournament, controllers mods like that are banned. That one is specifically banned.

As for me, I don't have trouble pushing it down. Then again, I didn't like analog sheilding all that much in Melee... so I pretty much click it down by habit. I'll still miss the option to analog shield though.

Gono

Smash Cadet
For me its not that I have trouble with R, it just takes those few milliseconds longer to get a shield up, instead of having the soft shield covering you until it was full pressed, which can make all the difference. I have thought about taking the spring out of R, but I'm not a big fan of my shoulder buttons flopping out every time i tilt my controller forward.

Archetype chaos

Smash Rookie
I never actually never considered changing the controller layout. It certainly is something to considered. Thoough it sounds annoying to change the button layout everytime you change wii's.

Top Bottom