• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So no Missile Cancelling huh?

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
Mega sad face. Did anyone figure out if her Z-air worked like it did in Brawl? Loved using that.
I believe Z-air is pretty much the same as in Brawl. :)
Don't worry too much about not having missile cancelling; she's received enough buffs to more than compensate for that. Her missiles will have to be used more carefully, but they're still useful. :)

-FUZZ-

Smash Rookie
I believe Z-air is pretty much the same as in Brawl. :)
Don't worry too much about not having missile cancelling; she's received enough buffs to more than compensate for that. Her missiles will have to be used more carefully, but they're still useful. :)
it's true, as long as they made her overall better she definitely doesn't need it. I WAS worried about z-air though! gosh, that move when spaced properly in Brawl (and PM too right?) was so annoyingly useful (even if easily avoided by more experienced players) so that's pretty cool news. :)

Hapajin

Smash Apprentice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pimgQxlJ7tI Here you can see the Zair looks pretty good still.

No missile canceling is pretty sad, but there are possibilities for better options in her custom moveset. Hopefully she gets some decent options for her ranged options because if Sakurai designed her to be a major close range fighter, it's gonna be a struggle against the rest of the cast with a more viable close range game. I really hope she'll get out of the low tier.

-FUZZ-

Smash Rookie
No missile canceling is pretty sad, but there are possibilities for better options in her custom moveset. Hopefully she gets some decent options for her ranged options because if Sakurai designed her to be a major close range fighter, it's gonna be a struggle against the rest of the cast with a more viable close range game. I really hope she'll get out of the low tier.[/quote]
i agree with everything you say here although im having a hard time imagining custom move sets in the official rule set or outside of side events at tourneys but aside from that... yooooo it looks untouched :)

RPK

Smash Lord
Even though we can no longer missile cancel, I think we can just do full jump homing missile->zair which is just as good and covers just as much area and is also lagless.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
idk dude, missile cancel is crucial to let Samus act immediately behind her missiles, or to increase ranged pressure with multiple missiles at once. They're too slow, low durability, and non-threatening in this game to be used defensively or offensively at any reasonable range. Many of her mixups and defensive options depended on missiles making her approach safe, as her grab, roll, and dash attack are all telegraphed and laggy. Without these tools, Samus has to work around control with tilts and smashes, which, compared to other characters, often get outranged, outprioritized, or superarmored through.

Top Bottom