• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

so its been a while since ive use'd wolf in tourny till now...

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
lol
well as some of you know ive mained snake this whole time even though ppl know me for my wolf....i still practice my wolf just as much as my snake
this weekend i had to play CK in tourny....1st round i go my usual snake and he goes marth of course since hes amazing with him
anywho....
1st round he ***** the **** out of my snake
so since i usually tell ppl that wolf has a good matchup against marth i figured id go old school
well here it is...dont expect anything fancy its just a normal looking wolf i guess...but smarter?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOJYccrkryU

^^^^^start it from the beginning if you wanan see my snake get ***** haha...if your just interested in wolf fast foward to 3:20 and watch from there

enjoy ^_^

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
Nice Wolf and Snake, and normal looking Wolf but smarter sounds about right... Suppose you are right under Chillin =P Nice vids.

-VerticalPun.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
Nice character switch. Ur opponent really didnt know what to expect from wolf

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I wonder: Why aren't Wolfs tourney results better with so many good players? Candy, GERM, Lucien, Omniswell...

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
my tourny results aren't bad.....i won the last 2 SOVA tournys i went to and in md/va i usually place well high
but then again i cant say anything b/c i use snake most of the time =\

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
Candy: Mains Snake, and ***** with him.
Lucien: Quit going to tournaments.
Omniswell: Switched mains to MK (Due to everyone CPing him with MK)
Germ: ???? Dunno.

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
I can tell you, he HATES MK, however, he wants him banned ASAP, and he feels it's the only way to place decently, and he does a lot better with MK.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
What a shame... Omniswell has a great wolf, and if his MK is supposedly a lot better... that's just saying that MK > everyone else after a few days of playing. This is BS.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
We still have GERM. And Gheb lol

I'm gonne take part in a tournament in late november in the Netherlands to ****. I'll represent Wolf in teh EU. Just you wait!

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
Meh, I may not be the top Wolf player, but I am quite good XD

Hopefully I'll be able to represent him well in some upcoming tournaments. I'll have to give some equal rep to MK and Fox though too =P

PowaStar

Smash Apprentice
Well im not pro with Wolf I main MK but im deciding to go back to Wolf just like the good ol' times i've noticed that I have more fun with Wolf (and G&W) so this next tourney (even if I lose badly) Im going with Wolf until someone brings out Snake or D3 then G&W comes out :laugh: I can't wait to go to my first offline tourney though so I can see how I stack up to people for real.

BTW nice Wolf Candy learned a little bit of stuff from it.

RyN

Smash Apprentice
Use Snake's uptilt more, the hitbox on that move is insane.

Very nice Wolf, your space is pretty solid

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I picked Metaknight in a tournament because it was 1-1, both close games, and I wanted to win the set. I don't even know how to use MK and I won.

That just shows how broken he is.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
I picked Metaknight in a tournament because it was 1-1, both close games, and I wanted to win the set. I don't even know how to use MK and I won.

That just shows how broken he is.
Hahah yeah that seems to happen quite a lot in the tournament setting. I understand why people would want to ban Meta Knight so much though.

When I first picked up Meta Knight, I was still able to dominate people.

Even though he's broken, I hope a ban never comes.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Candy, I'll admit that wolf vs MK isn't as bad as the MK matchup is for most characters, but it's still a bad matchup. What makes you say it's not so bad, assuming both players are at the same level? It's true that most (crappy) MKs play with the same style, but against a good one it's a different story.

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
i mean here in VA we have forte plank m2k(he visits alot) and then even azen and chillin play mk
i know how a good MK plays
and im telling you its NOT that bad of a matchup
dont make this into 1 of those "MK should b banned" threads b/c just b/c hes the best character does not mean hes unbeatable

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Well, can you give us reasons as to what makes this matchup not so bad? We'd all really appreciate it, cause, y'know... 60+% of people at tournies use MK >_>

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
any good mk should **** any wolf anytime, hands down

terrible matchup for wolf

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
I think deep down you know that it's a terrible matchup, but you're so freakin' smart and you probably know the match up so well due to all those MKs coming around. So the matchup doesn't seem as bad. If you know how a MK player plays, then you're set. That doesn't mean Mk's aerials are any less better than Wolf's.

It's a terrible matchup, you just don't feel it =) And you're probably smart enough to overcome it.
Speaking of which, how well do you stack up against those Mks? Like Forte, Plank, M2k, Azen and Chillin.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
I know metaknight has the advantage, but IMO, it's not as one sided as everyone says. I'd rather play as wolf against metaknight than a lot of other characters

Top Bottom