• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I'm looking to start a tournament. (NY/NJ)

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
I've been getting a itch to run these things again.

Nothing too big for now, I think I'm looking to do a 32-man tournament in NJ. Currently in the process of looking for a venue, but I need to gauge who'd be willing to go to this thing so I can organize it better.

Also, hi. :bee::bee::bee:

Edit: I'm looking Cranford right now for the venue, and to help cover the cost, I may charge a $10 venue fee, then play around and see what kind of entry fee I want.

GOTM

Smash Champion
I've been looking to start quarterlies in pa for the last week or so when I've jumped into venue search mode for real.

I'm very close to securing a free college venue. Couple iterations away.

I'd be down for some jersey tournaments though as well.

:phone:

EmuKiller

Smash Ace
EmuKiller?! More like... FREEmuKiller!!!!!!
WoZ!!! My first tournament was Smashtality II! I still remember your "Hyrule Jump" FAQ! When brawl came out I hosted 2 or 3 tournaments with you being my inspiration (but lost the venue). Still it's cool to see that you're back!

Any other TSA players still play? I saw Sensei at Apex 2012 and CopyCat went to some small tourney in south jersey awhile back.

Anyway done with being a fanboy. Anything near Elizabeth I will totally go to. $10 venue is reasonable especially if there's some $5 discount for bringing a setup. Man I have no idea who in NJ still plays.

Really looking forward to more of your tournaments!

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
It's good to see some old and new names in here.

Emukiller, of course I remember you. Sensei and Copycat still do actively play, but a lot of TSA has moved out since then. The ones that are still nearby, you can bet that they'll all be a part of this once it all comes together. Let your friends know that this is happening for sure. :D

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
Sup Tope. Yeah, I'm looking at around after Apex too.

Rod from KOTC offered me a spot for his December 15h event, but it's way too soon, and even if he wanted me to help him run KOTC Smash events again, I'd still want to run my own series.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
Found me a venue! It's freakin' amazing!

Edit: Jan 26th looks pretty ideal to me. If this is it, then I'm probably ready to post a thread soon. I just need to finish up the venue deal and we're all set.

Top Bottom