• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So i'm like the worst smash player ever..lol

FrostFeydryn

Smash Cadet
I literally have no clue what i'm doing online even after like 300 plus games I am not seeing a single victory, is it my habits? am I just used to different fighting games? I really don't get smash, I know the basics but it's getting kinda embarrassing. Is there a way i can Identify my mistakes, cause i'm not seeing it right now?

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Try uploading a video of you playing. There are lots of people who would be happy to help

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
For these purposes, a cell phone recording a gamepad will do :p

Raisin

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4971-3853-0253
The only person that can tell you you're the worst ever is yourself. Don't look down on yourself like that.

Kangaexe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
onlykanga
3DS FC
2363-5649-9211
It took me forever to learn how play this game heh

Try to focus on the things youre doing. A habit I seem to see a lot of players do is not think before act, such as doing the first reaction to a situation, like instead of running in grab theyll do a dash attack, and instead of jumping away theyll airdodge while close to the ground! Just try to focus on what youre doing! If you wanna play we can and I could show you some ZSS basics and just Smash basics in general! <3

FrostFeydryn

Smash Cadet
It took me forever to learn how play this game heh

Try to focus on the things youre doing. A habit I seem to see a lot of players do is not think before act, such as doing the first reaction to a situation, like instead of running in grab theyll do a dash attack, and instead of jumping away theyll airdodge while close to the ground! Just try to focus on what youre doing! If you wanna play we can and I could show you some ZSS basics and just Smash basics in general! <3
I'm game whenever

sangdrax8

Smash Rookie
I am exactly like you! I don't have 300 games online, but I just started playing for the first time with the Wii U version. Almost every for glory match I get comletely destroyed. Going to keep at it, just know you aren't alone. Makes me really wish there was some sort of match making engine. It keeps the stats and knows how bad I am. If I were to play someone at least a littler closer to me I could certainly learn faster :)

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Play

the

game

Don't worry about sucking. I have friends who just started and are just like you so I know what you are talking about. Don't worry about MU's, don't worry about your win rate, don't worry about tiers, the hell, don't even worry too much about having a main. Just try to play on a regular basis and get some feedback to avoid stupid beginner mistakes and habits.

FrostFeydryn

Smash Cadet
Play

the

game

Don't worry about sucking. I have friends who just started and are just like you so I know what you are talking about. Don't worry about MU's, don't worry about your win rate, don't worry about tiers, the hell, don't even worry too much about having a main. Just try to play on a regular basis and get some feedback to avoid stupid beginner mistakes and habits.
yeah I guess, but at this point i'll just have to teach myself through sheer insanity lol.

Lustful_Kaiser

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kaiserine
3DS FC
3282-3064-4273
An advice I'll say is not to put expectation on yourself since it will just create stress, but rather explore and see what flows to you and have fun. Since smash isn't like most fighting games try to be creative on your gameplay and learn from your accomplishments and failures from saving the replays from every match you do when you get a better general idea on combating npc, players or both. My personal experience is that imagine yourself doing awesome tricks on a specific character. :b:

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Bro you think your bad you should see some of the things I do all the time or even talk about ask @ BreaD- BreaD- how many times he tells me to shut up xD.

Last edited:

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Thanks =] I imagine it's what she does when she restocks for fuel or something going to take a load off on that Phazon Black xD.

You should see the posters I bought of the bae at some convention.

Last edited:

TheTwistedHero

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheTwistedHero
NNID: TheTwistedHero
Im a good player, but im an excelent coach. Hit me up anytime and ill give you pointers

ToTs

Smash Artist
NNID
x_ToTs_x
If your up for some games I'm always down when able. x_tots_x

I'm accepting any friend request so yeah,..

Winnnn _AKA_Walt Piffney

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Winnnnnnnn
I'd be up for some games as well. Add me. O and 300 games. Your just getting started. Welcome. I'm still flailing about and I'm about 1000+ :p Plus for glory is not zss at full power do to lag.

Top Bottom