• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So... i went to a tournament today.

Blood Samus

Smash Rookie
Hey,whats up fellow Samus players out their its been a while since i went to a tournament
but anyways the tournament i went to was a Gigabits LAN Center in Orlando and i didn't really know that .Long story short i got *****! by a Falco..it seems now-a-Days people only play with Falco,Fox,C.Falcon,and Marth i know their top tier and everything but **** i was the only Samus player in that tournament so every time i played a group of people were behind me watching me play. saying to their other friends "Dude come check out this Samus" and that i might be the best Samus in Florida. I didnt make this thread to brag or or boast so please don't flame me i just would like to know if their are any good Samus players in Florida who i could play to test/get advice from i'll post video's of my matches onces i get the Vid's from my friend so you guys can rate my Samus to tell me if i suck or not .

Pi

Smash Hero
Heh
I would have been there but I had SAT's to take
Go to Florida Gaming on may 30th

Sorry but I have no advice for you, juss don't let what anyone says go to your head, always practice always improve

Being the best 'samus' or good for a 'samus' isn't good enough

Blood Samus

Smash Rookie
Heh
I would have been there but I had SAT's to take
Go to Florida Gaming on may 30th

Sorry but I have no advice for you, juss don't let what anyone says go to your head, always practice always improve

Being the best 'samus' or good for a 'samus' isn't good enough
yea your right .i Don't let it go to my head i know that i'm a pretty good Samus i have the potential to be if not the best but one of the best Samus players in Florida..i have A lot of training to do before i go to another tournament .

Pi

Smash Hero
yea your right .i Don't let it go to my head i know that i'm a pretty good Samus i have the potential to be if not the best but one of the best Samus players in Florida..i have A lot of training to do before i go to another tournament .
Good mindset
I share it
Hope to see you at some tourneys.

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
hey everyone plays those characters in tournies and whatnot. play to win right? thats what you gotta do, do whatever you can to win against those people.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
I think Phanna actually just picked up the game again. ESAM is big into brawl though.

I dunno about Rohins either.

There aren't many competent samus mains to begin with. Most people just pick Fox.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Hey,whats up fellow Samus players out their its been a while since i went to a tournament
Go to more. Stay on top of your game. Don't waste a good community. Short sentences.
Long story short i got *****!
>_<
people only play with Falco,Fox,C.Falcon,and Marth
Sheik is also pretty popular, so watch out for that too.
i was the only Samus player in that tournament
Lucky
are any good Samus players in Florida
http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91
This is the regional zone that FL is in, so that's your best chance for finding a FL Samus player.
i'll post video's of my matches onces i get the Vid's from my friend so you guys can rate my Samus to tell me if i suck or not .
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=132947
It's a little bit slow now though so sorry if no one gets to your videos right away. Personally I feel bad about the two sets of videos waiting right now.

Good luck at your next tourny.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
but anyways the tournament i went to was a Gigabits LAN Center in Orlando and i didn't really know that .Long story short i got *****! by a Falco..it seems now-a-Days people only play with Falco,Fox,C.Falcon,and Marth i know their top tier and everything but **** i was the only Samus player in that tournament so every time i played a group of people were behind me watching me play. saying to their other friends "Dude come check out this Samus" and that i might be the best Samus in Florida. I didnt make this thread to brag or or boast so please don't flame me i just would like to know if their are any good Samus players in Florida who i could play to test/get advice from i'll post video's of my matches onces i get the Vid's from my friend so you guys can rate my Samus to tell me if i suck or not .
ESAM will be playing melee again in the future when he gets broed of brawl which he will. hsi samus was one of the best. but yea u have madd potential son. samus goes almsot even with all the top tiers. but ima try to teach u some stuff if i can when wen we get some matches. yo its chopz btw

Blood Samus

Smash Rookie
ESAM will be playing melee again in the future when he gets broed of brawl which he will. hsi samus was one of the best. but yea u have madd potential son. samus goes almsot even with all the top tiers. but ima try to teach u some stuff if i can when wen we get some matches. yo its chopz btw
yea man thanks any/all help would be good right now

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
wow i'd appreciate it if you stop tryin to get me shot you n**ger.

O_O

i think he's got you mistaken for one of the other samus players I played on that tv.

Blood Samus

Smash Rookie
??? i was that black kid who played samus. and the only reason why he beat me is because i killed my self on my last stock.but it all good tho i was MAD fun seeing a Kirby whooping *** especially against a Bowser player ... Flame cancel FTW LOL

Life After Death

Smash Champion
ya coimng to fl gaming right? may 30th orlando at a big *** hotel with madd tvs for friendlies. best pplayer gonna be there. kye posted he finna go

Pi

Smash Hero
phanna's picking the game back up
rohins also has been playing melee but he's not in fl

i'll be at fl gaming
i need mad practice though

Geist

Smash Master
I know the feeling of getting owned in tourneys. Back in the day when I went to alot of them I'd always get ***** by some random person, let alone the better players there. But every time I came back I'd do better and better. The best way to get good at melee is to get completely ***** in a tourney. Even if you don't know what you're doing wrong you always get some sort of subconscious experience.

Also, Florida always had awesome Samus players. I'm hoping the majority of them are going back to melee before genesis happens.

Blood Samus

Smash Rookie
I know the feeling of getting owned in tourneys. Back in the day when I went to alot of them I'd always get ***** by some random person, let alone the better players there. But every time I came back I'd do better and better. The best way to get good at melee is to get completely ***** in a tourney. Even if you don't know what you're doing wrong you always get some sort of subconscious experience.

Also, Florida always had awesome Samus players. I'm hoping the majority of them are going back to melee before genesis happens.
yea i got beat by some guy that i know deep down that i could have beat him if i wasn't nervous. I never knew that Florida had good samus players , what are their names? and do they have any videos on youtube?

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
yea i got beat by some guy that i know deep down that i could have beat him if i wasn't nervous. I never knew that Florida had good samus players , what are their names? and do they have any videos on youtube?
you have to have the mindset of "i can win" and "i can lose...but im pretty sure i wont"
and i treat it as a minigame. when you kill someone, you have to get their percent higher and higher when they come back before you die. My highest record is 2 stocks.
i know it sounds kinda weird...

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
I don't think winning is the main goal when you're an ok player - learning is.
It doesn't matter if you win or lose as long as you're learning while playing.
Ever since I learned this, all I ever do is try to learn things in match.
Sure, you can say that you learn things by trying to win, but it won't be as beneficial as simply playing to learn.
Besides, playing to learn is so much more fun than playing to win. :D

Life After Death

Smash Champion
my homeboi catrell is one of the samus players in sfl. catrell, esam and phanna are the best samus in fl. rohins too if he still lived in fl. the only one planning on entering tourneys soon is catrell iono bout esam and phanna.

Blood Samus

Smash Rookie
I don't think winning is the main goal when you're an ok player - learning is.
It doesn't matter if you win or lose as long as you're learning while playing.
Ever since I learned this, all I ever do is try to learn things in match.
Sure, you can say that you learn things by trying to win, but it won't be as beneficial as simply playing to learn.
Besides, playing to learn is so much more fun than playing to win. :D
yea u right i learned a lot of things..like how to approach people and how samus foward tilt ***** and gets on people nerves lol.. thats all i did ..wavedash to a foward tilt lol

Blood Samus

Smash Rookie
my homeboi catrell is one of the samus players in sfl. catrell, esam and phanna are the best samus in fl. rohins too if he still lived in fl. the only one planning on entering tourneys soon is catrell iono bout esam and phanna.
ok then i need to play them then hope catrell comes to the next tourny

Pi

Smash Hero
yea
now a days you really need lots of practice against lots of people to stand a chance against anybody

Reno>

Smash Journeyman
I'm an FL samus main.
I'll probably be at FL gaming, too. We should get some matches in, Blood.

Pi

Smash Hero
Never knew florida had so many samus players, pretty tight
Guess samus likes the sun & beaches & cubans

Top Bottom