• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I take it Diddy Kong took the spot light?

Just_Toms

Smash Rookie
Seems like Diddy Kong getting more love than Donkey Kong... Since most of you are all maining Diddy... do any of you really have love for the nephew, or you all just picking him because he's a good "brawler"? Haha, just curious....

Also, even though you all love Diddy, is Donkey Kong still the main man, or were you all just waiting for the day Diddy could be played haha?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Basically, I'm planning to play Diddy cause he's my favorite Nintendo character ever. So yes, I have real love for the simian, and would've mained him in Melee too if he was in. The fact that Diddy's a good character competivly as well only adds to the reasons for me to main him, but I would've mained him too if he was the suckiest character in the game. For sure.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
being that donkey kong country 2 was the first donkey kong game i ever beat, i do have true love for him. If he had Dixie's hair and could hover, i wouldnt even need her

Cronos_1

Smash Rookie
I love Diddy he's one of my favorite nintendo characters and the fact that he sync's pretty well with me makes him my main.

shizkickit

Smash Rookie
yeah, i have to agree with gamedragon, DKC2 was the first game i beat too. hes the top primate, if you will. but the relationship is mixed. i play him because hes awesome and a good brawler. i probably wouldnt main with him thought if he was a bad brawler. i would just play for fun as him

kells

Smash Rookie
Same for me, Donkey kong Country was the first game I had that "die-hard-fan" passion for, and though I love Donk3y and D!ddy's character both, (maybe Donky a pinch more) D!ddy is a bit higher right now, tier-wise. He's more foxy. Something else that feels really great about him is how reminiscent it is to play as him since his movement is so well-made and similar to ye old DKCountry feel.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
honestly, anyone who played dkc...
which character did you find more fun to be? diddy or donkey?

but the main reason i play diddy over donkey is because he's just a better character.
melee's dk was awesome but without L-cancels, i don't know what to do with dk as of yet. so its diddy for me.

R. Olivaw

Smash Cadet
Diddy kicks *** and he's a funny mutha******, that's why I play him. And for the bananas.

Luigi player

Smash Master
I'll play Diddy because of DKC2 :D I love that game! DK is cool too and is really fun, but I like Diddy more.

WIGI

Smash Champion
i tried diddy cuz ka-master said all luigi mains should try diddy. i ended up loving hoiw he plays. and i lvoe diddy kong racing. but ive always liekd diddy more than dk.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
I love Diddy Kong from the start. Even if he was a bad character I would still play as him, just not as much. I can't really play as donkey kong because all of his moves have so much lag. Nintendo could have made him a lot faster than what he really is, considering the lag in all of his moves. They had no creativity when they made him. He had so many possibilities. If Wario gets to ride his motorcycle, why can't DK ride rambi? It made me really mad that Nintendo didn't do anything to Donkey Kong, but having Diddy Kong a really good character makes up for it.

VEC

Smash Journeyman
Most of you are probably playing diddy because he is an amazing character, especially compared to DK

WhiteCarnation

Smash Cadet
I actually thought Diddy wouldn't be a good/interesting character and I was never huge on Donkey Kong Country, to be honest. I tried him out and was blown away and from playing him so much I got a better idea of what kind of character he is like and now I have a liking for him.

Top Bottom