• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Do LCD TV's screw up the IC's badly?
It doesn't effect me at all. But I have LCD's in my house and onlly one other TV that my wii isn't even hooked up too. But ever since I've had my wii i've played on one so I probably wouldn't know the difference.

meepxzero

Smash Master
I think it's been known. Or at least I knew about it. People generally don't do it because they tend to smash the control stick when they throw downwards, which causes the other climber to drop through the platform.

Chaingrabbing on platforms makes some stages less of a pain to deal with.
that isnt the reason why it works or at least the method i use. If you buffer ur dthrow ahead of time as you bthrow nana never falls through the platform because shes stuck in grab lag. So you could technically smash the control stick down.

Bthrow fthrow is a lot harder to do but it is the fastest form of cging for light weights.

Teh Future

Smash Master
Depends on the TV for me. I smash at one apartment that I use LCD most of the time Im playing and it has almost no lag so it doesn't really matter too much, but others Im just like wow wtf I cant do anything as any character.

I also cant play on wifi at all lol.

I know you can dthrow people on platforms if you buffer it, but Ive always just used bthrow>bthrow so theres less of a chance to mess up. But I dont really know if buffering the dthrow is hard at all, I can CG lightweights pretty fast

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I find it quite a bit easier to just Bthrow>Bthrow. Now worries about platforms and such and it's easy to switch around.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
CGs are different for people, I find it easier to just No-Throw Spike them rather than CG them into a charged Smash, but it only applies to characters that are stupid like MK and Snake since for some reason I can't Fthrow them...

Omg.... It's Canada Day tomorrow and I need to get money for fireworks...

Jupz

Smash Master
I can Fthrow-fthrow heavies, and get a few Dthrows on the rest of the cast. I can bthrow almost everyone :)

lain

Smash Master

Teh Future

Smash Master
Lain texture wtf....

So someone uploaded some friendlies w/ me in them if anyone wants to see me be sexy (sandbagging included, who plays Falco vs ICs?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Puo4j5-uZ-U&feature=related

I dont know where the match where I desync'd taunts > fsmash went :(

Im going to try to get some matches vs MK uploaded and Im going to actually try (and loose) so hopefully you guys can help me out vs MK since Im really bad against him.

IxxI

Smash Fence
The match-up thread looks really sloppy.
;-;

And some characters need to be in more detail like others are.
So, who's going to take over?

DZhou

Smash Journeyman
Lain texture wtf....

So someone uploaded some friendlies w/ me in them if anyone wants to see me be sexy (sandbagging included, who plays Falco vs ICs?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Puo4j5-uZ-U&feature=related

I dont know where the match where I desync'd taunts > fsmash went :(

Im going to try to get some matches vs MK uploaded and Im going to actually try (and loose) so hopefully you guys can help me out vs MK since Im really bad against him.
I watched Match 4:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxkj3WD9A2c&feature=channel

You grabbed the edge out of Squall Hammer O_O (1:44)

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
xD @ Lain Ice Climbers.

Ahh, guys. I really need to practice my chaingrabs more. I've just been constantly chaingrabbing level 3 computers since Monday, and I think I've got it now against most of the cast.

...Except G&W and MK. Omfg I can't backthrow them at ALL.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
I...havent been practicing chaingrabs in a while =x I mostly use fthrow chains to the point of perfection, but i cant do anything else lmao

Desyncs are where its at =P

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
It helps to know both, haha. ;[

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I can do it with my eyes closed, lol. I base most of what I do off of sound anyway. Try talking to the person you're chaingrabbing while looking at them. You automatically become amazing.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
I can do it with my eyes closed, lol. I base most of what I do off of sound anyway. Try talking to the person you're chaingrabbing while looking at them. You automatically become amazing.
In Oz, you automatically become amazing when you can string 4 throws together at a time XD

It helps that im the only ics main in my state mowhahaha

meepxzero

Smash Master
lol find it funny how i use to be all laughing hysterically when i cged people. now i have the most serious face when i cg. XD

I just think of mk and i instantly become angry LOL.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i still suck at cg's LOL

but i still win my matches ahhhh ****

a little melee ic's experience goes sooo far

timing dash attacks, uair spams, clutch jabs

im so good

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Backthrowing sucks... I can't get them to regrab so I pivot it...

Spamming Uairs and Blizzards is a legitimate tactic .

Kage Me

Smash Ace
Somehow, I got three KOs with the dash attack ---> f-air combo today.

People need to use that more, it's disturbingly efficient o_0;

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Somehow, I got three KOs with the dash attack ---> f-air combo today.

People need to use that more, it's disturbingly efficient o_0;
Do you mean desynched Popo Dash attack-->Nana Fair Spike?? Or synched dash attack---->Jump and Fair?

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Either way we need more dash attack ^.^

Desyced Dash attack to a blizzard is awesome =D

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Did anyone do anything today? >_> I just sat in the house all day.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
What about mute the television and keep your eyes closed while you CG? :p

I just looked on stuff on Youtube, posted on some other forums, and I didn't Brawl today. x_x Actually this week's boring.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
I just sat down and watched Clannad, clean up the house a bit and walked around by neighborhood for some exercise.

I also practice some technical stuff in Melee and play some games after that.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
You lucky people and your chain grabs that can be timed based on their sounds from the game...

Though I like playing on my 13 in' TV with no volume, so I can't john xP

... I just need to learn to not feel bad about infiniting people and stop doing stupid stuff after 5 grabs... the only two characters I never feel bad about chain grabbing are Meta Knight, Snake, and Marth.

Top Bottom