• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So...does anyone here make sigs like mine?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I payed money for my current sig from someone at a tournament >_>.

I was wondering if anyone here made animated sigs like mine, as I haven't really seen any in the shops...

If so...I want to see some examples :).

Mokkun

Smash Rookie
Animated signatures cost a lot of work and is pretty much a pain. Reason why most people don't do it is because it takes a lot of times in doing so. The effects and such like the common signature is more fun to do in my opinion. Most of the time people just make a part of the signature animated like yours but not as good as that. It's not that hard just a lot of repeating unlike the common ones.

I have made some myself a long time ago but they fail. I could try finding some on the net. If you want examples you might as well search them on picture hosting sites like Photobucket.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I've made animated sigs before, but have never distributed them before. On the contrary, I can make them easily, but yes, they do take quite some effort.

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
Animated sigs are neat, AND you're right, i haven't seen ANY like yours, haha. Just animated ones of brawl combo vids and what not...but tbh, i am FINALLY designing a new sig, and might incorporate "animation...like pulsating or lighting, or BOTH! Learning flash atm, so yeah, might be something..

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
People usually don't make them for reasons already stated. On top of that, the .gif format absolutely kills quality, and they usually don't look too good regardless.

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
People usually don't make them for reasons already stated. On top of that, the .gif format absolutely kills quality, and they usually don't look too good regardless.
.gif is an awesome compression format, if you know how to set up the image beforehand so it looks great as a .gif . Although as an animated image the same rules apply.

wombo

Smash Cadet
Ya animated Gifs take loads of time, but I've done them before and I think they're kind of fun to make. Personally, I might throw a few together and post em. If you want to learn how, there's a few tutorials I've used on good-tutorials.com

Hiyayayah!

Smash Cadet
I've made animated sigs before, although I'm not that good at it, it takes a long time, and I get bored very easily - so the two don't really match well :laugh:

Nishin

Smash Apprentice
I've only really done one.
Even then, the animation on it isn't particularly advanced:

I try to stay away from GIFs, myself. Only 256-colours.
I prefer PNGs.

Top Bottom