• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

so do you guys work out?

Giggidax

Smash Ace
well i try and get some exercise with skateboarding. itsa good cardiovascular workout. and at the same time its hazardous(falling, racking etc)

im not really a bench presser or a weight lifter to tell the truth, but one time i got convinced to try bench pressing with the friends at school while they were doin a pyramid. i did like 3 and they said it was like 180 or something. sometimes ill do situps if i feel them lovehandles comin in lol!

valtiel

Smash Journeyman
Yea sometimes when I feel like it I'll do over 500 sit ups yea its not alot but it does work! Then the next couple days I spend quality time with bio freeze my friend.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I used to get my exercise from Martial Arts but I stopped over a year ago so right now I'm a lot weaker than before. I went from being able to do 50 push ups to struggling to do 5. I need to start working out again :urg:

ScaryMunky

Smash Journeyman
Oh right, the benching question. Well it's been a while, but the last time I maxed out I was at 210 I believe.. though I haven't tried to max in well over a year. As of last week I'm able to do 100 pushups without resting, and I do a couple sets of 60-70 situps.

I'm enlisting in the Air Force in the very near future, so I've been preparing (although from what I've heard their Basic Training is way easy in comparison to other branches). Still though, I want to be in good shape when I ship out. Been studying my *** off for the ASVAB, too.

Kada

Smash Journeyman
I'm an uber nerd, AND I workout, oh yeah! <_<

But yeah, I actually took a course in school next year, It's basically a course where you go to the weight room and work out for an hour. It's a great credit, and I've been wanting to actually start working out. And also, my Dad and I installed an excercise machine last weekend. So over the summer, I can use that. ^_^

Bench pressing, well, I can't really do alot, since I just started. But, I could probably do 150 as a regular workout weight. I could lift more as a max, but that's just stupid <_<

Smash bro pro

Smash Rookie
Well,I as you can see am not on much I do work out and i get in fights but i like to come to this site and read what you guys have to say and tonight i feel realy bored so i'm posting more then i usually do.

FSLMJM

Smash Journeyman
Yes, I work out everyday. I lift 20-lb dumbbells and curl a 50-lb bar w/weights on. Also, I go outside everyday and run to get in shape for the next football season. I'm thinking of trying out. Some people don't take me seriously because of my appearance and size but I'm very physically fit.

Malote

Smash Cadet
I lift 15 lb in 10 sets of 10 (yeah, i'm weak) and after that I lift 30 lb in 3 sets of 10.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i'm 20 yrs, 6 feet and weigh 155 lb and work out 2-3x a week after school.
i warm up on bench w/ 135, and usually work out w/ 155, which last time i tried, i got 10x. I figure if you can benchpress ur own body weight 10x its pretty good B)
as far as max goes though, the most i've done is 205, but i think i could get 215 under perfect circumstances.
Funny thing though, i was able to benchpress 205 when i was 16 and weighed 145(i'd work out 4 days a week and was taking Creatine and NO2)
(me at 16)

then i stopped working out for a couple years and had to climb back to where i was 4 years ago...well...it can only go uphill from here i guess

ME IN THE FUTURE!!

i was also TaeKwonDo 6 years, staying in a year after i got my blackbelt, but then i boxed and wrestled with friends after i quit to continue learning and practicing ome fighting techniques.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I have football workouts 5 days a week, starting the day after the season ends, going till the end of two a days. 225 is my max at 8 reps ( i hate benching) . squat 295, clean 205,and my 40 time is 4.87. I'm 6'2 and only 185 pounds, trying to get to 200 for next season.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I hate the music the seniors listen to. its probably the ghettoest rap to ever come to be. I like really bad or irrelevant music. Country, bad pop, techno, stuff you can joke aroudn with. Gotta keep a good attitude.

valtiel

Smash Journeyman
LOL yea i guess sometimes i listen to that when im really getting tired. it doesnt work sometime though.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
When it's stacked next to the rap, it gives me that reminder that we can lsiten to the most ghetto music in the world, but at the end of the day, we're still just a buncha crackers. (No offense anyone?)

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
I'm starting too. I do 200 sit ups/krunches and 100 push-ups every day. I also run daily for 2 0r 3 times around my block. I'm trying to not eat alot(don't too much, just not trying to get fat on the muscle I'm attempting to get.) It's just difficult sometimes too put my mind too it.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
My twin brother (Orion) and I are in Division II college football, so it's imperative for us to workout. I think I'm one of the very few smart jocks out there.

I can bench press only 230 pounds, and I workout to a certain soundtrack on the Matrix I. You know......when Morphus takes Neo through the town.

ScaryMunky

Smash Journeyman
Frank Fly said:
I just lift dumbells. >_>
Heh, I do lots of excercises with dumbbells too. Regular curls, hammer curls, tractor pulls, butterflies, that.. over the head thing to work your triceps, shrugs, etc. Dumbbells are what I spend the majority of my time on actually.

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
My twin brother (Orion) and I are in Division II college football, so it's imperative for us to workout. I think I'm one of the very few smart jocks out there.

I can bench press only 230 pounds, and I workout to a certain soundtrack on the Matrix I. You know......when Morphus takes Neo through the town.

You play smash your not cool <_< lol

Mrs. Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
Obviously I don't bench anything. I run...which I need to run tonight. I'm not very good right now cause I only run about a mile every night, but I would run 4 every day a while back. I'm trying to fit time into my schedule for exercising....Baha is working out much more than I am.

Zeio

Smash Apprentice
I'd work for a while...but then eventually lose motivation to work out... I try though.

Venom Dream

Smash Champion
I know we're not cool cau$e we're cooler than cool.......we're fly baby!

Let$ $ee here.........*fla$hback*..........I went over$ea$ to Japan to get as cut as I am right now. Shinto-Ryu karate is the way.
*$hinto. Sorry to be a grammar Nazi, but...

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
I play football, so i go to the gym 3 times a week for football practice. I usually bench there, and do a lot of other exercises, and the other half, we all run. I also do baseball, and believe it or not, I do a LOT of running. Home to first, home to second, home to third, first to third 2ce, home to hope, then jog.

Kalmetam

Smash Journeyman
I play baseball, I run occasionally a couple of miles, I play DDR which helps a lot.... I am more fit than I look. I do push-ups, sit-ups and everything like that.

Top Bottom