• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So do we have a matchup thread?

TheMann

Smash Ace
Because we really should. I swear we have had at least 4 of these and they all just randomly died.

Should I make one? Even though I don't post alot I'm always around and could always be able to update it. Also if I did make a new match up thread, should I use info from the old ones so we're not going over the same thing twice?

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
We don't have a good one, plain and simple. The reason we don't keep them active is because we're all freaking sick and tired of discussing the varying degrees metaknight ***** luigi. You could take a stab at making a new one, but sorry, I want to discuss characters that aren't named MK, GW, D3, or Snake. Start with high tier and work down and I'm in :)

Delvro

Smash Ace
Yeah, I'd love to have one, but we really have all the info we need for the chars LuigiKing mentioned.

Why don't we start with, say, Marth or something?

kigbariom

Smash Lord
Unsticky that curent match-up thread, start with interesting or fun match-ups, like yoshi, mario, anything that is not Snake MK and DDD.
For those three we can just copy from the other thread. Because frankly, I just don't want to talk about those characters at all...
And we might as well continue that great journal format. Because we need to have some fun in these boards.
Make it fancy like what other characters boards have, with pictures and what not.

Hmm?

Pompi

Smash Journeyman
lets start with wolf , i also want to see link and zss

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
I'm working on a series of guides/match up discussion threads on my computer in an attempt to clean up the boards and actually create an archive. I'm working on a team match up and individual match up right now...but I want to make sure I have time to commit to the guide.

I was planning on releasing team and individual match up discussions next week...you know i'm good for updating it cause i'm always on the boards. If the boards die out and the threads plummet to the page three monster, i'll just save it on my computer and reintroduce it later. That way, we don't repeat ourselves.

Sounds good to peeps? Cause threads like those only get done if people contribute ><

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
We had one but due to the inactivity nubtards of this board, it died. Sparked, Locuan, and mr.drunk made matchup threads and died. I blame everyone >.>; don't bother making a matchup thread. But instead, make Q/A matchup thread, like Marios boards did. saves us time and spam

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
We had one but due to the inactivity nubtards of this board, it died. Sparked, Locuan, and mr.drunk made matchup threads and died. I blame everyone >.>; don't bother making a matchup thread. But instead, make Q/A matchup thread, like Marios boards did. saves us time and spam
I was planning on releasing a team match up discussion because I don't think that has been covered at all yet, I'm a little apprehensive about the individual match up discussion, cause so many failed. I do like that Q/A idea from the Mario boards though.

TheMann

Smash Ace
I'm working on a series of guides/match up discussion threads on my computer in an attempt to clean up the boards and actually create an archive. I'm working on a team match up and individual match up right now...but I want to make sure I have time to commit to the guide.

I was planning on releasing team and individual match up discussions next week...you know i'm good for updating it cause i'm always on the boards. If the boards die out and the threads plummet to the page three monster, i'll just save it on my computer and reintroduce it later. That way, we don't repeat ourselves.

Sounds good to peeps? Cause threads like those only get done if people contribute ><
Ahh ok so I don't have to make one. I trust that if you made a guide u would update it. Ofcourse we have to worry about others keeping it active too.

@ hippie

A Q/A match up guide might be what we need. Seems people would be more active that way.

Edit: wow we alreay have one....

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
As a person who made the Match-up Q/A thread in the Mario boards, I highly suggest you guys make one especially if you don't have a match-up thread up. This has helped the Mario boards a ton with specific problems.

Speaking of that... I need to update that and my stickies... *runs*

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
As a person who made the Match-up Q/A thread in the Mario boards, I highly suggest you guys make one especially if you don't have a match-up thread up. This has helped the Mario boards a ton with specific problems.

Speaking of that... I need to update that and my stickies... *runs*
Expect the Match-up Q/A to be launched today or tommorow...and the team match up discussion a few days after. I have a lighter load of work this weekend so i'll be working on them.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Expect the Match-up Q/A to be launched today or tommorow...and the team match up discussion a few days after. I have a lighter load of work this weekend so i'll be working on them.
Eh, seems like the ToC didn't help some or it just totally died lol. Anyways i'd like to see that team matchup =D and lol, it'd be really helpful for mario too.

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
Eh, seems like the ToC didn't help some or it just totally died lol. Anyways i'd like to see that team matchup =D and lol, it'd be really helpful for mario too.
Well no one reads the ToC >:\. I'm a little meh on updating it cause things die out so quickly around here, that's why I stress people nominating threads, so that way it at least gives me the idea that they are serious about what they are doing.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
I really would like some info on how to fight a good Zelda. Zeldas give me a lot of trouble.
When I get off work I'll post a wall of text for you on this. Zelda is a really tough matchup at first, but there are a couple tricks you can use to turn the tide in your favor. I play against a good Zelda on a weekly basis, so I'll get back to you on that one in a little bit.

Super Angry Luigi

Smash Apprentice
When I get off work I'll post a wall of text for you on this. Zelda is a really tough matchup at first, but there are a couple tricks you can use to turn the tide in your favor. I play against a good Zelda on a weekly basis, so I'll get back to you on that one in a little bit.
Ok thank you. That would be really helpful. Zeldas give me so much trouble, and they piss me off so much.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
Ok thank you. That would be really helpful. Zeldas give me so much trouble, and they piss me off so much.
OK so my only competition in this little town in North Idaho plays Zelda, so I have a ton of experience with this one. Against Zelda you have to play campy, and one thing you have to realize is if you play right, Luigi can actually outcamp Zelda. The main thing a lot of Zelda's will do is pressure you with Din's and wait for you to approach into one of her disjointed smash attacks. Play this to your advantage.

One thing we know is that fireballs come out faster than Din's fire, so who cares if they have less range, they still have more range than Zelda's smash attacks. So situate yourself in that mid range, wait for Din's, spot dodge and fireball. Make sure to mix it up with short hops and air dodges though. Once you've trained the Zelda to only use her Din's at long range, you're free to airdodge and tornado in to get up close. I'm not sure how well I'm explaining myself here, but if all else fails find some of my vids against Swastikapyle's Zelda and watch those.

Reverse aerial rush with Luigi's back air works wonders against Zelda too. If you space it just right you can get above her Fsmash and still connect with the bair. You just have to know to wait for her smashes and punish them. Zelda is also super laggy with her UpB, so anytime she fails to sweetspot the ledge with it, you get a free uppercut.

This matchup can still be fairly tough, but once you know what you're doing it isn't so bad. Hope that helped.

Top Bottom