• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snow Warning - PM/Melee - WEST MI PROJECT M CIRCUIT EVENT - November 23rd, 2013 - Manistee, MI

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
West Michigan proudly presents Snow Warning, the first in our new tournament circuit event. This series will include a great many benefits for those who attend subsequent events, such as getting your Singles entry paid at your next event to earning Circuit Points to be invited to our Top 8 Exhibition Tournament, where you'll fight for the chance to earn the Circuit Pot! More players at more tournaments means a bigger prize at the end! The TOs of West Michigan have come together to put this circuit on, and there will be plenty more tournaments to come!

Time and Place
November 23rd, 2013
Super's Home in Manistee, Mi
285 7th Street
Manistee Mi, 49660

Entry Information
$5 venue fee
$10 Entry Fee for Project M Singles
$20 Entry Fee for Project M Doubles ($10 per player)
$5 Entry Fee for Melee Singles Event
$10 Entry Fee for Melee Doubles Event ($5 per player)

Payouts
[collapse=<15 Entrants]
70% – First
20% – Second
10% – Third[/collapse]

[collapse=>15 Entrants]
55% – First
30% – Second
15% – Third[/collapse]

[collapse=>32 Entrants]
48% – First
25% – Second
11% – Third
8% – Fourth
4% – Fifth (x2)[/collapse]

Schedule
11 AM – Registration Opens
12 PM – Registration closes for PM Singles / Melee Doubles
12:30 PM – Project M Singles Pools
1 PM – Melee Doubles Bracket
3 PM Registration Closes for Project M Doubles
3:30 PM - Project M Doubles Bracket
5 PM – Dinner Hour
6 PM – Project M Doubles Resumes / Registration for Melee Singles Ends
6:30 – Melee Singles Bracket
7 PM – Project M Singles Bracket
10 PM – Project M Crews / DK Crews

Rules
[collapse=General Rules]-Players who fail to report to their match within 5 minutes of it being announced will lose their first game of the match. After 10 minutes without reporting to their match, players will be disqualified from the tournament.
- Coaching is allowed only between games, not during.
- Bracket matches take priority over friendlies and money matches. The TO reserves the right to prematurely end any match.
- BYOC
- Non-first party controllers must be inspected by TO staff before use in tourney.
- Wireless controllers are discouraged due to interference and unreliability.
- Pause can be requested off and that request cannot be denied. If one pauses mid-match, the person who initiated the pause loses their current stock. If the pause causes the opponent to lose their stock (such as interfering with recovery), the person who initiated the pause loses two stocks. If there is any doubt in the ruling of a pausing incident, stop what you are doing and CALL ONE OF THE TOs TO YOUR MATCH.
- The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.
- Any hacks or mods applied to a setup may be inspected by a TO, who reserves the right to have those hacks disabled if they are deemed inappropriate for tournament play.
- Team Attack ON[/collapse]

[collapse=Melee and Project: M Rules]- Items set to OFF and NONE.
- 4 stock, 8:00 timer.
- Sets are played best two out of three games, with all Semi-Finals and Finals matches being played best three of five.
- DSR Modified - Players may not counterpick to the stage they last won on.
- Gentleman's Clause - Players may play on any stage if agreed on by all players.
- If a game times out, the winner is determined by stock, and then percentage. If both stock and percentage are the same, the game should be replayed in full.
- If Sudden Death occurs at the end of the game, play a one stock, three minute game with the same characters and stage.

Playing a Set
1. If there is a Port Priority dispute, use GnW Hammers.
2. Double Blind character selection if requested.
3. Highest port priority strikes first.
4. Strike order:
Project M : 1-2-2-1-1-2
Melee: 1-2-2-1
[Play Game]
5. Winner bans stages. Bans may be reapplied per game.
6. Winner selects character.
7. Loser selects character and stage.
8. Repeat steps 5-8 until set is complete.

Project M Specific Rules
- Input assist OFF.
- Bans: Winner may ban 3 stages per game in singles, and 4 stages per game in doubles.

Melee Specific Rules
- Wobbling is allowed.
- Bans: Winner may ban one stage per game.[/collapse]

Stages
[collapse=Project:M Singles Stages]Starter
- Smashville
- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Pokemon Stadium 2
- Fountain of Dreams
- Wario Ware Inc.
- Lylat Cruise

Counterpick
- Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
- Yoshi's Story
- Green Hill Zone
- Dracula's Castle
- Skyloft
- Norfair
- Dreamland
- SSE: Jungle
- Rumble Falls
[/collapse]

[collapse=Project: M Doubles Stages]Starter
- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Pokemon Stadium 2
- Smashville
- Skyloft
- SSE: Jungle
- Lylat Cruise

Counterpick
- WarioWare
- Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
- Dracula's Castle
- Dreamland
- Skyworld
- Norfair
- Rumble Falls
- Pokemon Stadium 1[/collapse]

[collapse=Melee Stages]- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Yoshi's Story
- Dreamland 64
- Fountain of Dreams** (singles starter)
- Pokemon Stadium** (doubles starter, singles counterpick only)
- Kongo Jungle 64 (doubles counterpick only)
[/collapse]

Housing
This is technically a house tournament. Find a spot and lay your head, I'm housing everyone who needs to stay the night Friday/Saturday night.

Food
We have Little Caesars within 1 minute walking distance of my house, A&W is two blocks from there, China Buffet on the same block as A&W. Hopping in a car you'll find McDonalds, Wendy's, Taco Bell/KFC, Subway, Pizza Hut, and assorted local restaurants within five miles south, and Burger King several miles north.

Manistee also is the home of Big Al's Pizza, which is rated in the Top 10 Pizza places in Michigan.

TO Contact Info
Super - [removed]

Last edited:

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
If I have enough money around here, I'll try to head up with SoulPech.
Is Master WGS anywhere near you guys? Unlikely he'd be able to make it anyway, but he didn't make it to Youmacon this year and I really wanted to throw down with him.

But like I meant to MM M2K so really I didn't get anything done at Youma this year.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
It's a curiosity thing, but thanks for asking at the very least.

I'm looking to change the stagelist in the next couple of hours. It won't be a lot, just a couple more counterpicks, but a starter is likely being put to pasture while I bring in a stage that fits better in the neutral matchups.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
If I were to remove Final Destination as a starter, what counterpick stage would you like to take its place?

This is for Final Destination only. No other starter is going to be considered for removal.

Sarix

Smash Ace
I would prefer to keep Final Destination personally. It's one of the better stages for complementing the majority of play styles without having traits like triangle platforms that give preference to high mobility characters.

Getting rid of FD would also be really weird since it's part of the Battlefield & Smashville triad of stages that always are starters.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
The problem is that FD is too much like Smashville, and the fact it has no platforms is a huge, gamechanging element, especially in a game that is all about its platforms. It's the only stage without a platform, which I feel sets it apart from the rest of the stagelist entirely in the way Skyloft is, just in the reverse direction - where Skyloft is asymmetric and odd, FD is sterile and the epitome of basic. And that's not good for characters who need things like platforms and such.

While it irks me to say, Final Destination was mostly tolerated in Melee due to the fact it was a spacie counterpick. However, in Project M, we have more stages, and we should not be picking stages as starters because certain characters statistically do worse there just because they flood the tournament scene.

All that aside if no one wishes to remove FD, I will not.

Sarix

Smash Ace
I thought about my response before even going back to this thread. In all honesty I don't care much at all now if it's removed. I just don't want Dreamland or Yoshi' Story to take its place because they would add little diversity with Battlefield already a starter and a triangle stage.

Edit: On a completely different track don't be surprised if I need to borrow your bathroom sink a few times to warm up my hands. I have Raynaud's Phenomenon and this time of the year it's easily triggered by the weather making my hands feel they're being stung by bees with frostbite. I'm hoping I can find a thin pair of gloves that I can wear around though to help keep the episodes down before coming.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
I shall keep two space heaters handy and the kitchen sink is closer than the bathroom sink. That said in case of emergencies there is a secondary bathroom that you can use if you need to warm your hands for an extended period of time. Otherwise, per request, the secondary bathroom is off-limits.

Also, I was calling for a vote for changing it, so I have two downvotes on stages but no upvotes. Although I was going to ask if Yoshi's Island (Brawl) would be an acceptable starter replacement. I may not care for the random factor of George the Support Ghost, but I suppose Randall, while technically not random, is still close enough in most regards.

Sarix

Smash Ace
Thanks Super. I don't need to be incredibly warm since the problem is with my circulation and blood pressure mostly (sadly nothing I can take for that). I just need access to a sink because if it does trigger so I can gradually thaw them like my doctor recommended. Just let me know where the secondary one is when we get there so I know where not to go. I'll most likely be in boots and wear gloves whenever I'm not playing.

Top Bottom