• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake's moveset stolen; who would it be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoobieStories

Smash Cadet
hey guys i start this thread because i loved snakes moveset, i got down with metal gear solid but i know snake isnt returning. So brings me to my question, If any nintendo rep were to show up with snakes moveset who do you think it would be. i personally think an advance wars rep would work best maby even adam malcovich (from metroid the galatic federation member)
but he isnt well known enough. what are your guys thoughts i would love to hear em.

im sorry if their is already a similar thread somewhere else point me in the right direction if their is please?

Last edited:

DoobieStories

Smash Cadet
i've never played mach rider? does he have similar moves? but ya i thought of putting it their but no one is paying attention to that thread really. so i thought this was the right placement, mainly because i want to discuss multiple nintendo reps who could aquire his moveset

Hammer B

Smash Journeyman
Some already known characters seem to have similar moves with regard to Snake:

• Villager's Up Smash
  • Sheik's new Side Special
  • Zero Suit Samus' New Final Smash
  • Perhaps Mii Guners have a remote missile as well...

DoobieStories

Smash Cadet
Some already known characters seem to have similar moves with regard to Snake:

• Villager's Up Smash
  • Sheik's new Side Special
  • Zero Suit Samus' New Final Smash
  • Perhaps Mii Guners have a remote missile as well...

thats cool an all their are alot of similar moves in smash though(between alot of charactars clones or not). but im saying HIS playstyle with minor changes. where is the evidence saying ZSS final smash is like snakes? all ive seen from it makes it appear as a ship that guns down participating opponent sorta like the star foxs ships from cornaria, yet way more powerfull. i would love to see the info on it if you know it?

Jeff, from Earthbound. Practically just a shorter version of Snake.
im in the middle of the game now i just got lucy. thats an awsome idea gotta see him in action before advocate it though

Last edited by a moderator:

Raijinken

Smash Master
im in the middle of the game now i just got lucy. thats an awsome idea gotta see him in action before advocate it though
He's my favorite character in the series. I think you'll be able to see the similarities by time you're done.

Also, fun thing about naming characters each playthrough, it can become slightly confusing to read a different character name than what someone used. I used "Nancy" first playthrough, and then used the canon Paula in subsequent playthroughs. Wouldn't mind her being in Smash either, but that's an entirely different discussion than is relevant here.

LEGOfan12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LEGOfan12
3DS FC
3007-8664-3561
hey guys i start this thread because i loved snakes moveset, i got down with metal gear solid but i know snake isnt returning. So brings me to my question, If any nintendo rep were to show up with snakes moveset who do you think it would be. i personally think an advance wars rep would work best maby even adam malcovich (from metroid the galatic federation member)
but he isnt well known enough. what are your guys thoughts i would love to hear em.

im sorry if their is already a similar thread somewhere else point me in the right direction if their is please?
I'd say an Advance Wars character.

DoobieStories

Smash Cadet
He's my favorite character in the series. I think you'll be able to see the similarities by time you're done.

Also, fun thing about naming characters each playthrough, it can become slightly confusing to read a different character name than what someone used. I used "Nancy" first playthrough, and then used the canon Paula in subsequent playthroughs. Wouldn't mind her being in Smash either, but that's an entirely different discussion than is relevant here.

hahaha i forgot i named my charactars that means my jeff is STEVE haha cant wait to see how he plays

i agree due to the fact i know that series but im always open to ideas. in fact i want to hear absurd suggestions sakurai would consider himself

i agree i would prefer andy for obvious reasons i never played the other installments after the first so im not the right person to ask. thought i woud love to speculate. if you have a preferance from the advance wars series or anywhere else who
is it? im curious

Last edited by a moderator:

Raijinken

Smash Master
i agree i would prefer andy for obvious reasons i never played the other installments after the first so im not the right person to ask. thought i woud love to speculate. if you have a preferance from the advance wars series or anywhere else who
is it? im curious
There are plenty of good AW picks, but Andy and Sami are probably the most popular. Sami would make a bit more sense, as she's less a comic character and is shown wielding weaponry.

DoobieStories

Smash Cadet
There are plenty of good AW picks, but Andy and Sami are probably the most popular. Sami would make a bit more sense, as she's less a comic character and is shown wielding weaponry.

This is what ive heard. I love advance wars, looks like i gotta use emulators to play them.

Last edited:

LEGOfan12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LEGOfan12
3DS FC
3007-8664-3561
is it? im curious
I agree with you. I'd prefer Andy or Jake as the Advance Wars rep. But I think it'd make more sense for Sami to have Snake's move set more then Andy or Jake since she's more weapon-based.

DoobieStories

Smash Cadet
I agree with you. I'd prefer Andy or Jake as the Advance Wars rep. But I think it'd make more sense for Sami to have Snake's move set more then Andy or Jake since she's more weapon-based.
gawd that makes me wanna play her game(ive only played the first AW by the way) what AW is she the main in?

Last edited:

LEGOfan12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LEGOfan12
3DS FC
3007-8664-3561
gawd that makes me wanna play her game(ive only played the first AW by the way) what AW is she the main in?
I don't know if she's been the main in any AW game. I haven't played an AW game.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
I remember seeing some speculate that Remember me? was one of the potential candidates for inheriting Snake's moveset. :p

Hong

The Strongest
@ DoobieStories DoobieStories
Please avoid double posting. I have fixed it this time, but in the future, you are encouraged to use the edit button. Do not forget to read the SmashBoards Terms of Service. I've also fixed the title to be a little less misleading of the thread's intent.

Thanks. :)

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Never said anything else. But Donkey's Dash attack is similar to Snake's which is what the topic is about.

LEGOfan12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LEGOfan12
3DS FC
3007-8664-3561
oh man im clearly not a huge fan of the series but if you have a gba emulator around might as well download it for free. thats how i got into it
Good idea. Either that or I might get it on Wii U's GBA virtual console.

tomvoxx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thighland529
Switch FC
SW-1258-1614-8509
Never said anything else. But Donkey's Dash attack is similar to Snake's which is what the topic is about.
No you said it was Snake's dash attack. DK does not go into a crawl position after he rolls.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Maybe this belongs in the Snake thread.
No, no it doesnt

Im not down for the idea of snakes movest being slapped on another character. Its a disservice to his character and the character it would be placed on. He would no longer remain unique, and the new character would have moves that were thought of with another character in mind from the outset of their creation, and they wouldnt represent either well. If sakurai doesnt want to bring him back so be it, but dont rip him apart and give everything he brought away.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
Ya no. So in Melee Ganondorf was a clone of Captain Falcon and both were in the game, now imagine if Captain Falcon was cut from Melee and Ganondorf was put there to replace him. It is a slap in the face of the character and to the fans of that character. No one should replace him, especially since he is the character that led the way way for every other 3rd party character to be in Smash.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Who gets Snake's move set? I would have to go with Slippy. They both are mercenaries, can use an arsenal of weapons, and they both actually had a conversation in Brawl about weapon versatility. Snake even wanted a weapon designed by Slippy.

All Sakurai would have to do is reskin Snake's weapons with the Star Fox Assault weapons and maybe change some of Slippy's attack animations so they look like Dan Hibiki-fied versions of Snakes. His taunt can still be a box but it would be the Supply Crate from SF64, which is fitting for the mechanic of the team. The best part about this is that the move set would still be accurate to the character's history compared to what Sakurai's done to clones in the past like :ganondorf:.

Last edited:

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
I can only think of Anthony Higgs from Other M. One just needs to alter the look of some of the items to make them more scifi looking.

TempahRelapse

Smash Journeyman
Since Advance Wars COs have little to none moves that can be referenced from their game. I would say they're the best choice. But damn I really want to play as Andy.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
Yeah, Andy (with a Sami costume swap maybe?) would be the best fit for Snake's set.

He still might come back, though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom