• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake's 5th grab-throw

Taalcon

Smash Journeyman
If you drop a grenade and grab someone, keep choking them until the grenade explodes. Now you think that the grenade will hurt snake along with his chokee, right?

That's the catch!
The grenade explodes with you both on it, and the grenade only hurts the grabee. It also sends them flying.

This also works if you drop the grenade, pick it up, run over to you enemy and then z grab them. Pressing z drops the grenade and also grabs your victim.

This is great for punishing people who don't button mash to escape grabs. Also, works on those pesky people who shield your grenades.

Azgner

Smash Apprentice
It's port priority. If you're on a lower port, you would be hit instead. And the grenade do damage both, but only the one in the lower port takes knockback.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
It's port priority. If you're on a lower port, you would be hit instead. And the grenade do damage both, but only the one in the lower port takes knockback.
Grrrr, beat me to it. :"P

You can always lay a claymore on a platform (we'll use Battlefield for an example) and grab yr opponent beneath the platform and they'll get hit by it, as well.

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
are you sure it's port priority, I always play as 4th player (for several reasons) and I almost never go flying while grabbing someone and a grenade blows up on me

Cuno56

Smash Apprentice
iirc, player 4 = highest port priority.

Your experience would only be strange if you played as player 1.

ChaoticSamus

Smash Apprentice
If its port priority then how would this work on Wi-fi? If both are in port 1 then would both be hit or would one the grabee?

Top Bottom