• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake Mains...what's your secondar(y/ies)?

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Just thought it would be interesting to see who you all gravitated towards when owning people with Snake got too repetitive ;)

As for me:
* Wario - I like how you play him like a jiggs, except stronger and heavier :p
* Poke Trainer - Charizard is my fav :)
* Oli - pikmin + disjointed hitboxes ...own...

Kietharr

Smash Cadet
Wolf, Toon Link, Dedede, and DK. I also like PT, Ike, and Metaknight but I'm not that good with them.

bman in 2288

Smash Journeyman
Link and Jigglypuff, though I'll admit I've barely practiced with them at all in Brawl.

Eternalfire

Smash Journeyman
I've really been gung-ho about Snake as I figure I will be better if I stick with him. In Melee, I played as Link so I can still kick *** with him since he is almost unchanged.

So for me, I don't have a secondary. It's all Snake, all the time.

BloodyPuppy

Smash Journeyman
Samus and ROB. Love Samus' aerials and her missles, though I'm still getting the hang of consistently using one or the other. ROB is a little weird to control, but oh so much fun. Guess I just love characters with guns and shiny doodads and lasers.

dontaxp

Smash Rookie
Ike, Wario, Ganondorf.

That's really it, and that's in the order i use them also

SolidSmash

Smash Rookie
Like Eternalfire, I play Snake all the time. Maybe if I'm messing around with someone not that good, I'd play Fox, because I mained him in Melee. But if I'm trying at all, I Snake it.

Rangles

Smash Rookie
Ike, Toon Link, and Pokemon Trainer.

And Diddy if I'm playing guys who aren't very good at smash, banana spam is too comical.

kevc

Smash Cadet
sadly i dont have a second character...everything seems too weak after you play snake, seein as most snakes moves have crazy knockback, i like that. I thought i was gonna main pokemon trainer before this game came out...but nope, played snake and fell in love ( no homO)

Fafnir

Smash Apprentice
Sheik, although I don't play her nearly as well as I do Snake. Been thinking of picking up Wolf or Ganon though.

PieM4ster

Smash Rookie
Toon Link and D3. Toon link is much better at beating Pikachu than Snake, and D3 is very good in 4 player free for all.

KrazyKaiju

Smash Cadet
While I'm still training w/Snake and haven't really decided on "official" secondaries, others that I like using are - actually, polar opposites of Snake!

Captain Falcon and Sonic. (there are others, but these stand out the most)

Snake seems to drive on intellect, while the others seem to drive on instinct.

LukewarmHoliday

Smash Cadet
i enjoy wolf and metanight. especially metaknight because people get used to my strategies as snake then i bust out metaknight and play with a whole new playstyle. ive gotten very good at dragging the opponent of the stage and finishing em off with a dair

Deadlypudding

Smash Cadet
Well my seconds are becoming less and less played, but I occasionally use the following:

Wolf: Familiar character with some good moves and combos.
Ike: I have a friend that enjoys Fire Emblem character duels (Marth vs Roy in Melee, Marth vs. Ike in Brawl). And Ike has massive style and power.
Lucas: Always liked the Mother series and this guy rocks the pants off of Ness. Good specials and great ariel game to boot. Plus my friend that enjoys FE duels has taken a liking to playing Ness occasionally, so yet another interesting duel.
Met Knight: Incredibly fun character to play as, but lacking power so I rarely play as him.

As a side note about the dueling, my friend actually mains Sonic. He seems to have a knack for maining characters that oppose the ones I main.

ToastMAN

Smash Journeyman
I use Snake as Main

Pit: arrow spam, can build up damage quickly, but tought to kill....
falco; laser spam, fun to play with, tough to kill again...also you can use the mortar technique with falco....which is a nice way to pound away a shield and too rack up damage

CaptainPlatypus

Smash Cadet
Sadly, I don't have a secondary, yet. I use Snake every match unless I feel like picking something stupid like Yoshi to mess around..

I'm going to try and slowly get good with Lucario on the side, but my main focus is on Snake.

Top Bottom