• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake fun Facts

TheFast

Smash Lord
1. Snakes Up-B + Gannon's Side-B = Death

2. Stomp can go through Snake's Up-Tilt.
(If it is timed "JUST" right and snake is at high enough damage, snake can die at the bottom even when his in the middle of the stage. He will follow the stage then when he hits an edge he will go strait down and you can't tech out of it. I have seen this two times one was a Spike during snakes up b the other was during his Up-Tilt.)
Even if you don't do that gannons spike through Snakes Up-Tilt can kill snake at the top so its still good.

3. Side-B while snake has a bomb makes it blow up on him :laugh:.

Shadow Nataku

Smash Ace
Fun extra fact, if you hit with a Dair on Snake during his Up+B at a certain angle. It causes him to rocket ROUND the edge of the stage to his death.

theEffinBear

Smash Apprentice
Sometimes if you Murder Dive a Cyphering Snake, you will be hit by the Cypher instead of actually damaging them, thus performing an aerial grab-release and probably killing them. I think this happens more often (always? haven't tested it) if your up-B grabs Snake right at the start of their up-B. Even if they C4 themselves to safety, they'll probably need to Cypher again -- so keep up-B'ing for great justice. And I think C4 does more damage than the Murder Dive anyway.

Bonus over the Murder Choke: you probably won't kill yourself when trying this!

/RtEB

TheFast

Smash Lord
Sometimes if you Murder Dive a Cyphering Snake, you will be hit by the Cypher instead of actually damaging them, thus performing an aerial grab-release and probably killing them. I think this happens more often (always? haven't tested it) if your up-B grabs Snake right at the start of their up-B. Even if they C4 themselves to safety, they'll probably need to Cypher again -- so keep up-B'ing for great justice. And I think C4 does more damage than the Murder Dive anyway.

/RtEB
That takes all the fun out of it :chuckle:

Shadow Nataku

Smash Ace
At times I actually consider despite all of Snake's power and projectiles Ganny is actually one of the few counters to Snake in the game. Simply because he has more power than Snake and so many ways to gimp him since hes like one of the only characters able to break Snake's heavy armour.

TheFast

Smash Lord
People should go to the snake boards and make posts that gannon is a snake counter (I do think good a ganon could beat a good snake)

deadpoe7

Smash Apprentice
I feel like the guy at the party who just told a bad joke and everyone just stays silent to let his lameness soak in...

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend

/RtEB
I believe it's when you hit the top of his hurtbox (so the cypher's hitbox actually hits your hurtbox).

It may also be based partially on port (certain port-specific things can screw with this case it may result in grab-release prevention, not sure though),

litlwing

Smash Apprentice
you can down-b over mines really easy and side b him when hes planting a mine and he will fall right on it in time for you to get out before it arms and explodes

Top Bottom