• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake double cypher glitch?

Red-Blue

Was selected randomly
Er.. I'll just copy-paste my Youtube comment.

Well, at 0:04 you'd think Marth did a ledge-jump, but he actually footstool'd Snake. Because Snake was in his recovery animation, the footstool didn't really show itself, except for the fact that Marth flinged off Snake. (You probably had it happen once. A footstool without footstool animation.) And because of that, Snake regained his Cypher. But thing is, if that happens, Snake's first Cypher doesn't explode until the next one is used. No practical, and very situational. But it could be used.

Or so, I think.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
It is a ****ing footstool jump. The only other thing that I do is I C4 jump. I've yet to "time" the Grenade thing.
your sig made me lol

Oh, and I tested w/ a friend, footstools give him another ^b

but you guys figured this out already >.>

Uffe

Smash Hero
It is footstooling on Snake's Cypher. You can do multiple jumps on his Cypher while it makes him hover up. Once he's done using the Cypher he can use it again.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
snakes super armor on his cypher so it doest show his footstool or move him yet he gets one back real quick. lol so dont go footstooling snake on his up b

Moustachio

Smash Apprentice
Err... Does anyone relize that this "harmless explosion" is caused buy the cipher whenever a new one appears onscreen. Try on FD as Snake and use his Up-B from the ground. Now cancel it by doing L or R, then immediatly do another Up-B when you hit the ground. See? The first Cipher explodes (and the Cipher explosion is just like Snake's U-Smash explosion as it does not harm Snake).

J4pu

Smash Champion
This could be a fake, somebody said they saw a Samus double upB, and i've seen a link double upB and at the end theres a single frame that says "this is a lie, LOLOLOLOL"
somebody could be going around making fakes somehow of double upB's for every char.

EDIT- here it is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ego1BOF3mEs

EDIT's EDIT- SORRY! I just read the last apge of the thread, posted after only reading posts on the first page.

Tenki

Smash Hero
lol this remind me of the hype on Sonic's double spring jump.

footstool.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
Something like this happened to me today. Snake was using his cypher, and I used Mario's cape. He was able to do another cypher to return to the stage.

acv

Smash Journeyman
Something like this happened to me today. Snake was using his cypher, and I used Mario's cape. He was able to do another cypher to return to the stage.
thats no glitch or technique GaW and sonic can do it too.by the way it was a footstool.you should read all the other threads that include marth footstooling snake.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Well yeah, though it may not look like it, it is footstooled *cry* as if Snake is already a ***** enough to deal with, this happens.

bman in 2288

Smash Journeyman
...Why is there always a thread about this? This is the third thread about Snake's double Cypher.

It's a footstool, it's always a footstool, it will always be a footstool.

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it
Honestly, I don't see any footstool, it looks way more like the mario cape glitch video. There is just something about that spot on FD that's messed up. Maybe it was meant to guide Falco/Fox etc towards the edge but now has a strange effect on a lot of things.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Honestly, I don't see any footstool, it looks way more like the mario cape glitch video. There is just something about that spot on FD that's messed up. Maybe it was meant to guide Falco/Fox etc towards the edge but now has a strange effect on a lot of things.
I didn't do a ledge jump, i did a ledge double jump and footstooled the cypher. That's why my dair completely missed.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
The SA frames don't prevent Snake from getting damaged, they just negate the Knockback

arrex

Smash Cadet
whenever snake gets foot stooled during his UP+B, he gets to use it again.
you dont see the foot stool animation because of his super armor during his UP+B.

Gindler

Smash Champion
For one, it's heavy armor on UpB just like on yoshi's second jump. They can both be hit out of it if hit hard enough and at decent percentages.

Anyway back on topic, yep footstooled some reason when snake is doing his recovery footstool doesn't screw him up, kinda like ROB. I've footstooled ROB 3 times during his recovery and he just kept going, pretty funny though.

gehaga

Smash Cadet
I think whatever that explosion was blew up the cypher... but somehow you were able to draw another one. maybe whenever your cypher blows up you can pull out another one.
if a cypher is in the air if snake hits the ground or gets attacked he can make a new cypher, when the new cypher is made the old one explodes

Top Bottom