• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMYM 16--Chicago + YOU

Battlecow

Play to Win
http://smashboards.com/threads/aug-...t-running-tournament-series-urbana-il.408062/

The guys in charge of an annual tournament series in my hometown are hosting 64 at the latest installment. Boom is gonna come down and Chicago is coming out strong, but we'd love some out of state talent as well.

I remember having a blast at SWEET XII or something, when a bunch of the tristate guys drove out to Michigan. That go-getterism was mostly what convinced us Midwest kids to go to Zenith the next year, as I recall, and if more large regional-level smash tournaments started hosting 64 it would be a very very good thing for the community (you pick up a lot of melee/sm4sh attendees at these things).

tl;dr come to the midwest for a fun tourney even though it's kind of close to smashcon

Last edited:

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I'm considering it if I can find a way to not drive the 6 and a half hours all the way through. I may find some friends in St. Louis to stay with shortly before and after, but that's still up in the air.

Saltsizzle

Smash Journeyman
So 64 is only on Sunday? (kind of convenient because I won't need housing if that's the case)

This is pretty close to me and I plan on being there.

Battlecow

Play to Win
NEVER MIND I jumped the gun

Boom's probably not coming

When I posted this he was though

So it wasn't lying just bad advertising

How are y'alls days going?

Top Bottom