• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Smooth Lander and Heavy Gravity (SLHG)

BlueFury

Smash Cadet
Glad to see more people on board with SLAJ I hope we get more interested in this and yes publicizing it more would help I agree but as Zadd said a subtle approach is probably best since some people feel intimidated by things like this. Either way It's a rough road but we can pull it off.

*sidenote*
Well on a different note since SLHG has basically been replaced by SLAJ, I thought I would try it out in stamina mode (300 life) with the main SLHG build in a enclosed stage (similar to Street Fighter/King of Fighters style) and it felt pretty nice to play in that way. It allowed for different combos, different punishes and overall the feel and pace is different.

I thought you guys might wanna try it out for fun (If you haven't already) but it could "possibly be more", either way it's a break away from SLAJ/SLHG/Vanilla Smash 4 try if you want it's up to you.

Last edited:

GuardianGallade

Smash Rookie
NNID
Crazyhairdude
3DS FC
3325-2538-6421
if you don't feel SLAJ works, just call it Smash 4 Turbo. one extra word, simple...etc.

I agree when(if) the next browser exploit is found, a concerted and organized post complete with a concise, narrated video detailing SLAJ would go a long way.

like this:

• SLAJ?
    • Not a replacement for Vanilla, just another way to play the game that's slightly faster!
    • No modding necessary
    • Breathes new life into stale members of the cast
    • More offensive, faster, smoother, more combos
    • Playable online!
  • Why this equipment?
    • Smooth Lander
      • Cuts aerial move landing lag by 30%
      • Makes approach safer, more offensive
      • Helps lower-tier characters with high landing lag more than higher-tier characters
    • Anchor Jump
      • Increases fall speed by 40%
      • Partially counteracts Smash 4's natural high base-knockback, thus increasing ability to combo/follow up at every %
      • You're in danger at lower %s due to stricter recovery, also makes offstage play more effective at KOing
      • Greater rewards for being on the offense: many moves now create tech chase scenarios and aerial juggling is more dangerous for defenders since they're more likely to land while air-dodging and incur landing lag
    • Super Final Smasher
      • No functional effect, only added to balance stats
    • Final stats are +23/0/0
      • 23 speed counteracts increased falling speed so characters still have powerful jumps for recovery
      • Increased movement speed allows greater combo ability horizontally
      • Increased movement speed allows greater positioning and stage play
    • Important to note the SLAJ team tested many configurations thoroughly, and this is the most fun/balanced set without having to mod anything
  • Easy to join in on the fun!
    • Links to starter kit, discord, contacts...etc.
  • Ending hype montage?
something like this? provide side-by-side examples for each of the bullet points and just keep things short & sweet. then just ship this post and video off to smash reddit, another topic here on smashboards, shoryuken, eventhubs, wherever else you want it. new players can then forward the video or post onto their local TOs to join in.

I think the main thing in a push for SLAJ is that it can't ONLY be a hype montage because it doesn't tell anyone anything.
Thanks for pretty much writing the video for me! That's more or less what I was thinking of doing. But until there's an easy way to get it that I can link viewers to... Not much point in doing it

ArtfulHobbes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArtfulHobbes2.0
3DS FC
4339-2578-0811
I have a question. Currently, 7 characters still cannot full hop to the Battlefield platform.

Mr. Game & Watch, Little Mac, Link, Ganondorf, Dr. Mario, Ryu, and Mii Swordsman cannot do it.

My question is, would it be possible to hack in specific equipment pieces for these characters until they can full hop to the platform? (Certain characters maybe not. Extra speed on Little Mac would make him unbelievably fast, and JigglyPuff can't full hop to a platform in Vanilla anyways.)

Finding another useless skill to get the right stats would have to be required to do so, but I'm just wondering if its possible?

blargh257

Smash Apprentice
NNID
blargh257
Cloud's up air autocancels like vanilla Fox's and it is incredible.
My question is, would it be possible to hack in specific equipment pieces for these characters until they can full hop to the platform? (Certain characters maybe not. Extra speed on Little Mac would make him unbelievably fast, and JigglyPuff can't full hop to a platform in Vanilla anyways.)

Finding another useless skill to get the right stats would have to be required to do so, but I'm just wondering if its possible?
It probably is but this shouldn't matter because that's just how things are here.

SirMouse

Smash Rookie
NNID
SirMouse
I've been looking through the last several pages but couldn't find any definitive answers regarding the following questions:

What options are there - currently - for obtaining the badges required for SLAJ? If it's possible to grind for them, is there a reliable method to obtain them, or is it random?

I'd love to be able to play this mode myself, but did I miss the window of opportunity for obtaining the badges?

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
Could've sworn this question has been answered (several times), but...

The only REAL option is copying over a hacked save file, or hacking your save data yourself, via 3DS homebrew. You could technically grind for the parts, but given how utterly awful the game's RNG is...I wouldn't bother. You'd be at it for years.

So how do you get homebrew? Well, unless you have a 3DS on older firmware, or Cubic Ninja, you don't. OoT + 3DS Powersaves is also a way to get a homebrew launcher, but that's a minimum of $40 to spend on that. As far as Wii U goes, there's nothing widely available for users yet, so you're out of luck there if you don't own a 3DS.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
i believe there are also exploits using super mystery dungeon and VVVVVVV now

so long as you can get ahold of either of these or cubic ninja or Oot, you can backup their save, put on an exploit save, use it on your system to install menuhax, then replace their save back on the card.

however, to do those, you'll need someone elsewith a modded 3ds or powersaves

Last edited:

Halifax?

Smash Apprentice
NNID
WhataTreeBark

There are equipment skills that can boost your first jump, your second jump, or all your jumps.

Halifax?

Smash Apprentice
NNID
WhataTreeBark
With all the smash 4 mods out is there still not some way to edit equipment

TheDerp

Smash Cadet
Roses are Red, Violets are Red, Everything is Red.
NNID
DerpynessRules
I'd just like to point out, on Friday, we plan on making a new Thread on the topic of SLAJ, since there's going to be a Homebrew exploit for the latest 3DS firmware coming out on Friday.
From what I can tell, we're going to be using the Leaper equipment with SLAJ so gameplay feels more natural.

EDIT: Also, just want to show off the Logo we've came up with as of now, it may change though.

Last edited:

paperchao

Smash Apprentice
NNID
paperchao
I'd just like to point out, on Friday, we plan on making a new Thread on the topic of SLAJ, since there's going to be a Homebrew exploit for the latest 3DS firmware coming out on Friday.
From what I can tell, we're going to be using the Leaper equipment with SLAJ so gameplay feels more natural.

EDIT: Also, just want to show off the Logo we've came up with as of now, it may change though.
That sounds cool, I really like the idea of using equipment to make smash 4 play more like melee for people who enjoy that games engine more

SAHunterMech

Smash Journeyman
The root of an SD card is just the SD card itself; the first 'level', if you will. Anything not inside a folder is on the root level; everything else is not.

While it's true that Wii U hacking has come a long way, data-mining for Smash Wii U specifically is still quite young, and stuff like equipment is still out of reach.

Baby_Sneak

Smash Champion
NNID
sneak_diss
Disclaimer: I did not come in here with the intention to hate or anything. Just a joke (I've played the old setup, it was very fun).

You're... Joking, right?
Yes
no I'm extremely serious

I've been experimenting with this setup and it brings out some near- 64 level combos. Almost . I'm still testing though. It's pretty fun without all that hassle you guys are doing (not knocking on your guys project or anything. Respect for wanting to play however you want).

Last edited:

SAHunterMech

Smash Journeyman
Error 404: Sarcasm Detector for forum posts not found.

Seriously though, that's cool; I definitely think it's an improvement to the base gameplay. Though, with that Smash Bros: Reloaded mod, maybe we'll get some more... deliberately designed combos some day.

SAHunterMech

Smash Journeyman
Well, FreakyForms Deluxe got taken down within an hour of the freakyhax post so... good luck? I'm still looking for a hard copy, but it's not looking especially good out there right now.

ArtfulHobbes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArtfulHobbes2.0
3DS FC
4339-2578-0811
I got OOT3D today. Once I get powersaves, I'll start working on a new build. And hopefully if it goes well I can provide save files for both homebrew and powersaves depending on what you have to share it.

SaturnFrost

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SaturnFrost
nice... I also own Oot3d. Any tips on this whole power saves thing? Do i need extra equipment to give it a go?
Also, I have a request for a possible side build for +10,-15,+25 with Smooth Lander, Anchor Jump, Moon Launcher.

ArtfulHobbes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArtfulHobbes2.0
3DS FC
4339-2578-0811
nice... I also own Oot3d. Any tips on this whole power saves thing? Do i need extra equipment to give it a go?
Also, I have a request for a possible side build for +10,-15,+25 with Smooth Lander, Anchor Jump, Moon Launcher.
We gave up on Moon Launcher. The damage output on certain moves was absurd, and moves only killed off the top about 7% earlier. Which frankly wasn't worth it especially when Ryu's fair did 20%.

After everything, I believe our next and likely final build will be:
Smooth Lander, Anchor Jump, Leaper
0/0/0

Once every character can full hop to a battlefield platform, the balance of the game will be a lot better as stage mobility will be improved.

SAHunterMech

Smash Journeyman
Um... Leaper actually makes jumps too high, if you can believe it. I tested it a while ago.

I'm all for a finalized build, but I think it might be a good idea to start communicating with the Smash Bros. Reloaded mod; we have the basic foundation for faster-paced, more competitive-oriented play.

Last edited:

SaturnFrost

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SaturnFrost
We gave up on Moon Launcher. The damage output on certain moves was absurd, and moves only killed off the top about 7% earlier. Which frankly wasn't worth it especially when Ryu's fair did 20%.

After everything, I believe our next and likely final build will be:
Smooth Lander, Anchor Jump, Leaper
0/0/0

Once every character can full hop to a battlefield platform, the balance of the game will be a lot better as stage mobility will be improved.
What moves were absurd with Moon launcher?

A 0,0,0 build... Not a fan of that at all. There is alot of combo potential lost with a build that is so safe. If there was a stat I could choose to keep ,it would be to keep the speed at the 20's+ range, which improves jumps and helps with combos vertically and horizontally / tech chasing somewhat. Again if you guys don't mind making a side build with the stats I mentioned that would be great. Or better yet an extra set of equipment included in the build you release that add up to those stats. I'd be a happy camper ^_^

Edit1 :actually I wouldnt mind testing a 0,0,+25 or +5,-5,+25 side build. My previous research was based off of non rng slhg builds i was testing. Launch rates are a tad different in slaj and i was using 0.9 launch.

Last edited:

BlueFury

Smash Cadet
What's up peeps been a while huh, anyway I know this is unrelated to slhg/slaj but I was playing alexchew's "turbo mode" mod and came across this discovery! I told him about it and he confirmed it was a moonwalk and proved I wasn't trippin' out.

I watch the cpu play and saw what looked like a moonwalk from Doc against Mario turned out to be true see for yourself.

See what I'm talking about below:

Original Speed : http://imgur.com/xfm25GS

Slo-Mo: http://imgur.com/IWLtMj7

edit: this shows what could really be done in smash and what could be possible in this game if modded or tweaked to do so. Also this is probably only exclusive to turbo mode until proved otherwise.

Last edited:

DetoZ

Smash Rookie
so I did everything up the browser but instead of bringing me to homebrew it says browser version is not supported. Please help

SAHunterMech

Smash Journeyman
IMPORTANT NEWS!

There will be an upcoming exploit for SmileBASIC, and it's going to drop as early as a week from now. Get the game while it's still up; it's super cheap right now.

DON'T UPDATE SMILEBASIC IF YOU HAVE TO BUY THE JAPANESE VERSION! ONLY USA VERSION USERS CAN UPDATE THE GAME.

SaturnFrost

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SaturnFrost
IMPORTANT NEWS!

There will be an upcoming exploit for SmileBASIC, and it's going to drop as early as a week from now. Get the game while it's still up; it's super cheap right now.

DON'T UPDATE SMILEBASIC IF YOU HAVE TO BUY THE JAPANESE VERSION! ONLY USA VERSION USERS CAN UPDATE THE GAME.
current firmware?

SAHunterMech

Smash Journeyman
I have no idea. Freakyhax was latest firmware, so I'm optimistic. Either way, I can spare the 12 bucks.

Last edited:

SAHunterMech

Smash Journeyman
Hold up a minute here, I decided to try it anyway, and I got homebrew working. I'm on old 3Ds, 11.0.33-U. Here are the instructions I used to download the BasicSploit project, instead of making my own, it saves a boatload of time.

"1.- Open the game in 3.2.1
2.- Click on Publish/Download Projects
3.- Click on Download (Receive) using Public Key
4.- Click on yes
5.- Enter this Public Key --> CXDV43D4
6.- Click OK 7.- Click Yes"

Last edited:

DetoZ

Smash Rookie
So the
What's up peeps been a while huh, anyway I know this is unrelated to slhg/slaj but I was playing alexchew's "turbo mode" mod and came across this discovery! I told him about it and he confirmed it was true and proved I wasn't trippin' out.

I watch the cpu play and saw what looked like a moonwalk from Doc against Mario turned out to be true see for yourself.

See what I'm talking about below:

Original Speed : http://imgur.com/xfm25GS

Slo-Mo: http://imgur.com/IWLtMj7

It shows what could really be done in smash and what could be possible in this game.
But it's turbo mode. So you can't be sure it will work in the regular game. Unless you found some way to recreate what happened we can't be sure it's an error with the mod

Top Bottom