• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smogon Pls: Pokemon ORAS: The Competitive Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Okay this will be the place to discuss all things competitive for the Hoenn remakes.
Stuff like "Will certain megas be viable in competitive play and the like" I'm new to this, shoot me.
@ Soul. Soul.

Last edited:

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Well Mega Rayquaza was banned even from Ubers.

That's pretty uh... interesting to say the least, he basically became the catalyst for Ubers' redefining as just another tier, and the creation of Anything Goes.

ss118

Smash Master
I really hope the mega rayquaza thing doesn't start the usual smogon snowball of then banning kyogre and ****.

Obviously exaggerated, but the general idea stands.

I'm loving mega metagross. I just go -

Metagross @ :4metaknight:
Clear Body: Jolly
4 HP, 252 Attack, 252 Speed
Meteor Mash
Zen Headbutt
Earthquake
Bullet Punch

His only weakness is that while he is a solid pokemon to have on your team, absorbing the mega slot isn't really efficient for team building since I think there are better megas that make more of an impact when they come out. Mega-Metagross is just a super general purpose attacker(fast, bulky, damaging, good resistances, all above average but nothing great). Getting that attack raise makes you feel god mode, though...

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
we already have a sticky for this yo

and art m-meta is like the 3rd best mega in the tier atm after mence and zard x, there really isn't a whole lot of competition for something with so much raw speed and power lol

tm730

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4227-1256-0282

and art m-meta is like the 3rd best mega in the tier atm after mence and zard x, there really isn't a whole lot of competition for something with so much raw speed and power lol

they banned mega crossaint...i mean Salamence to ubers too

so now it's just Charizard X in OU's warpaths

Soul.

Oh wait what. Really? There's a sticky?
Meta and Zard X are cool. Mence got banned but that's understandable. Thanks to its ban, Altaria will probably see a rise in usage.
.....and I think we can all agree that Ninja is god.

ss118

Smash Master
I still think mega tyranitar and mega pinsir are better, among others.

I also think mega scizor and mega venusaur are better.

Greninja sucks. He sucked before and he still sucks. idk maybe stall has THAT much issue dealing with it, but my generic bulky offense team has never had issues with it. imo if you're slower you should be able to take a hit from it and kill it, but if you're faster than it you should be able to kill it.

Note: When I say "sucks" I mean it's overrated.

Soul.

Mega Pinsir is a lot better with Mega Salamence being banned. It's still a good sweeper; everything that outspeeds it is likely to be OHKO'd by Aerilate Quick Attack. If it forces out something, it has the opportunity to set up with Swords Dance and sweep.
Scizor is still good. At least Mega Scizor. Regular Scizor is meh nowadays. Venusaur is alright, but it's "eh" in ORAS. A lot of stuff checks it now.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
As Ulti pointed out, there is already a Gen VI competitive discussion thread stickied. Take this discussion there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom