• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smell the Characters

Aleol

Smash Journeyman
NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! I can't believe I missed Link! I can't even....
Oh, wait.... wrong thread. But still, I missed link. :ohwell:

Jiggly puff: You'd think it'd smell like air. or at least fresh
Metaknight: I don't think he smells at all. if anything, he'd smell like metal, with the mask and all
Squirtle: uhhhh..... Water. Fresh Water

When are you going to edit days 6-8?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Jigglypuff- Like latex. It is the balloon pokemon after all.

Metaknight- Like the inside of an airplane. You know, that distinctive smell that pressured oxyegen seems to have.

Squirtle- Like moss and pond water, in other words, like most turtles.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Jigglypuff- A helium balloon.

Metaknight- I'm not sure. The first thing that came to my head was gunpowder, but I don't know why. Maybe cotton or silk, due to his cape.

Squirtle- A clean freshwater stream.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Jiggs : I imagine cotton candy..dunno why

Meta Knight : Cold steel

Squirtle : I'd imagine a swimming pool

Achelion

Smash Cadet
-Jiggly Puff - Flowers, rainbows, and sunshine. (I'm well aware the latter two have no scent)
-Meta Knight - Twisted steel and sex appeal.
-Squirtle - Probably like soapy, refreshing goodness.

WuTangDude

Smash Ace
Jiggs- Helium
Meta- Nuetral, I can't imag ine him sounding liek anything
Squirtle- My favorite smell of all-time, freshwater rain. :bee:

TaurToph

Smash Journeyman
Jiggly: good, like a perfumed dog or something fluffy.
MK: neutral. A robe, clothes, bat wing and metal odor.
Squirtle: water, wet odor = 100% neutral.

Dude give a break, or else you'll get too much to count.

Sinistar

Smash Journeyman
Jigglypuff: Compressed nitrogen.

Meta Knight: Sweat. Seriously, lightspeed can really get ya huffin and puffin'.

Squirtle: Seaweed.

LuLLo

Smash Ace
Jigglypuff: Smells like permanent marker, she always carries it with her. Other than that, she has a weird scent that seems to hint at her flexibility (smells like a slutty flexible ho)

Meta Knight: Smells like smoking tires, since he swings his sword at soundbarrier-breaking speeds all the time.. the air around him gets burned...

Squirtle: Smells like pizza!!

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Jiggs: Like balloon I would guess. Doesn't seem like a animal that would live in a harsh or bad smelling enviorment.
Meta-Knight: I doubt he has any real smell either. I guess the generic smell of steel, but not much else. Seems to have good hygine.
Squirtle: Water, water, and more water. It lives in water, and it shoots out water. I guess that's a neutral smell.

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
Jigglypuff: Some sort of gas. Not like Wario's gas, but you get the idea. Neutral
Meta knight: Oily metal. Not a stinky smell, more of a mean odor. Smells good, but in a bad*** sort of way.
Squirtle: Swamp/Marsh water. Maybe we can throw some sewage in there. Besides, it's a turtle. Stinky.

XERAMPELINAE

Smash Apprentice
Dude give a break, or else you'll get too much to count.
I agree. I'll let this day run longer

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! I can't believe I missed Link! I can't even....
Oh, wait.... wrong thread. But still, I missed link. :ohwell:
When are you going to edit days 6-8?
Don't worry. I still don't edit those days, so feel free to post what you think on that day (same goes to everyone who missed their favorite character.) I will edit those days today.

XERAMPELINAE

Smash Apprentice
Anyways, here's what I think:

-Jiggly Puff: I agree with everyone on it smelling like helium/balloon, but I think that its scent emanates mostly from its breath. It induces sleep when singing, and I think that scent also plays a role along with sound. It probably has a super strong, pleasant breath that causes sleep (Maybe not...) (N)

-Meta Knight: Probably smells the same as Kirby, but all the metal wear gives him a general scent of steel and another hint of that strong, fear-evoking scent. (N)

-Squirtle: Probably like slime or a swampy scent. It's a trurtle after all. But judging by the clear water he uses to attack, I'd say that he's around a fresh water environment. Just a fresh humid scent. (N)

Wolf of Ice

Smash Apprentice
Jigglypuff: A regular balloon.... with a slight scent of SHARPIE!

Meta Knight: I agree with the Kirby like smell. May smell a little sweaty, but the wings probably fix that up (Fan).

Squirtle: I'd say... That awesome smell after it rains. Mixed with a little turtleishness.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Jiggs: Marshmallows, scented markers, candy, rainbows, vanilla and sugar shampoo, and flowers. Smells good.

Meta Knight: Pretty Nuetral-smelling. He thinks he's too cool for cologne (he is), but always bathes after engaing in combat with Kirby.

Squirtle: Ever smelled a turtle? Not very pleasant. Smells bad.

icicleblade

Smash Apprentice
Jigglypuff: Rainbows and marshmallows. (Don't ask how rainbows have a smell)
Meta Knight: Bat guano
Squirtle: Stagnant pond water

smashbot226

Smash Master
MK: Smells like sweat and darkness, if that even DOES have a smell... A near opposite to Kirby.

Jiggs: Smells like happiness and sunshine, and clean hairs and such...

Squirtle: Yep, turtles smell like bad pond water. Definitely an S.

XERAMPELINAE

Smash Apprentice
Alright. I finally edited the first page and am officially up to date (Ok, sort of.) Day 10 will run just a bit longer before I announce the next set of characters. Discuss.

I.T.P

Smash Ace
hey, I might not be replying to this thread at all, and haven't bothered to think of the different scents, but reading your summary at the OP is lots of fun and very interesting, keep it up

XERAMPELINAE

Smash Apprentice
hey, I might not be replying to this thread at all, and haven't bothered to think of the different scents, but reading your summary at the OP is lots of fun and very interesting, keep it up

I didn't know you were allowed to keep foxes as pets, unless they're the gray species or a fenecc...

Either way, they haven't succeeded in domesticating them yet, so yours is probably still quite young?
I was about to reply to that, too. I've been reading articles and other things on how to domesticate a fox. I personally want to adopt a red fox and have it as a pet. I need to find out if it is legal in my state, though. I've also seen a few videos on domesticated red foxes, and they are pretty interesting.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
Jigglypuff might smell like a cat, and to a lesser extent, like helium >_>
Meta Knight probably smells like his armor. But I could also say that his smell is like Kirby's just for the lulz.
Squirtle... I don't think it smells good, but fresh, like the ocean.

RednaXale

Smash Apprentice
Jigglypuff, SG, the name says enough
Metaknight, N, his light movements makes it seem like he attacks effortlessly, therefore maintaining his cool.
Squirtle, N, what do turtles smell like? Besides, one that squirts water a lot must be clean, so I would say this little guy is neutral, perhaps even better.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
I was about to reply to that, too. I've been reading articles and other things on how to domesticate a fox. I personally want to adopt a red fox and have it as a pet. I need to find out if it is legal in my state, though. I've also seen a few videos on domesticated red foxes, and they are pretty interesting.
I saw a documentary on dogs quite a while ago and as far as tame foxes are concerned, I think the best bet is to try and get one from a fox farm. Sometimes, they breed foxes with abnormally long tails that aren't any good for the fur industry. Some lady was talking about how they were tame enough to keep them as pets to some extent.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Jigglypuff, SG, the name says enough
Metaknight, N, his light movements makes it seem like he attacks effortlessly, therefore maintaining his cool.
Squirtle, N, what do turtles smell like? Besides, one that squirts water a lot must be clean, so I would say this little guy is neutral, perhaps even better.
A mixture of stagnant pond water, wet food pellets, and rotting frogs/insects.

P.E

Smash Apprentice
Jiggly smells like cotton candy.
Metaknight smells like Kirby but he uses anti-smell-perfume (to avoid being detected) therefore you don´t smell him at all.

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
I disagree with Falco and Mario. Mario dates a princess, and Star Fox characters have more human features, such as frequent bathing.

Jigglypuff: Seems to act like a pop star, so she probably smells like high-quality perfumes. (SG)
Meta Knight: Like G&W, he's pretty scentless. (N)
Squirtle: Probably well-cleaned, as it's a domestic animal.(N)

Buci01

Smash Journeyman
Jigglypuff smells like candy-puff and fruits
Meta Knight: he IS a blue Kirby, so he smells like blue candies, very fruity and way too much sugar
Squirtle: lik a cute pet you want to hug all day, I think he smells like the sea, He smells very good

DLO

Smash Journeyman
jigglypuff:candy or marshmallow
metaknight:steel(because of the mask and the sword)or...........i don't know,maybe fruit or candies or any sweety things?
squirtle:obviously sea,or turtle smell(similar to the fish smell)

VivaLaPika

Smash Cadet
Jigglypuff: Smells like cotton candy, but starts to smell like burnt rubber after fighting too long (she's a balloon).

Meta Knight: Smells like a blacksmith's forge: metal, fire, steel.

Squirle: Like the ocean: salty sea water, salty ocean air.

XERAMPELINAE

Smash Apprentice
Announcement:

There are only 10 characters left to discuss about. I've been thinking that I could do the following:

Make Day 11 four characters and make it a total of 13 days to finish.

OR

Make the thread last 10 more days by discussing ONE character per day.

What do you guys think?

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
squirtle smells like pond scum... badly

jigglypuff smells like... powder? i dunno, probably nuetral

meta-knight... not good. probably sweaty, and batlike wings just scream bad smelling.

and i like the 1 character a day idea

Top Bottom