• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashing Grounds to the Future! 3

goateeguy

Smash Ace
Couple friends of mine (about same skill level) are coming as well as some of their friends. More scrubs like us = better chance of making it out of pools :D get hype!

ORLY

Smash Master
goods hit, mars. we always need more recorders

this is lookin' like a pretty solid attendance!

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Important Info About the Tourney
  • Please review the tournament rules. They have changed and if you haven't been to recent Smashing Grounds they might be confusing for you.
  • If it is within your means, PLEASE bring a setup. In order for this to run smoothly we must have enough setups.
  • If turnout breaks 30 entrants I will run a $2 amateur bracket as long as there are enough setups for both tournaments.
  • TOURNAMENTS WILL BE STARTING ON TIME. I WILL NOT BE HOLDING UP TOURNAMENTS FOR INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE LATE. BE ON TIME. (Teams signups ends at noon and singles signups ends at 4:30)
  • If you are bringing a recording setup let me know before you set it up. I want to have specific TVs recorded.
  • If you have questions feel free to contact me via PM, AIM, Text, Call, or simply post in this thread.

edit- 8888th post!!!

ORLY

Smash Master
you should mention that to quality to enter the amateur bracket, you need to have not made it out of pools

not everyone knows how those work ;D

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Oh alright. Yeah, to qualify for the amateur bracket you need to have not made it out of pools. You then pay $2 extra and you are placed in a bracket with other people who didn't make it out. In a 16 man amateur bracket like this, the payout would be:
1st - $19
2nd - $10
3rd - $3

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I might be able to supply a tv if someone can help me carry a giant big *** TV to my truck and back into my house afterwards

Mars-

Smash Champion
I might be able to supply a tv if someone can help me carry a giant big *** TV to my truck and back into my house afterwards
according to the weather it is supposed to be scattered thunderstorms that day so it might not be a good idea lol.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Joe were you gonna bring SNPR's TV? Dude wtf lol.
No the other big TV that was in my pool room. We exchanged it for SNPRs tv cause his was 2in bigger. Im gonna be putting that TV in my room soon anyways.

according to the weather it is supposed to be scattered thunderstorms that day so it might not be a good idea lol.
Hmmm that puts a damper on my plan lol

My buddy I'm carpooling with said he's free to pick up anyone else who needs a ride there and back.

:phone:
Just for everyone's knowledge, where are you coming from?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
FYI guys i just ordered an upgrade for my laptop that should allow me to record for future tournaments. Possibly for this one, but its not likely that the upgrade will come before then.

goateeguy

Smash Ace
I've got a setup I can bring now (got the tv for 15$ at a garage sale! score), but I can't personally stay from 11 to 9. Do you really think you'll need it for doubles or should I just bring it with me to singles?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
we will appreciate it for as long as you have it at the tournament. Singles is when we would need it anyways.

Me14k

Smash Lord
Buffalo grove.

I'm from buffalo grove and i am going..if you are willing to pitch in for gas I am willing to car pool O.o

find me on facebook.

On another note, I am accepting coin battle $mm. 2 minutes Items on high (to my liking). ORLY and I are also up for Team Invisible melee $mm's...get at me

ORLY

Smash Master
Lol I don't think we discussed this but I'm down. I'm top tier in invisible teams

Get hyped for this weekend!

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I want you all to see this post
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12872992&postcount=137

It would be interesting to have a tournament with best of 5 sets throughout and then a best of 7 for the finals. It really wouldnt slow down the tournament as much as one would initially think.
What makes you say that?

Extending sets like that does make a big difference at any semi-competitive tourney. People always underestimate the amount of time it takes for the final few sets to finish. We had a 41-minute Grand Finals a couple weeks ago here in Michigan. It would have easily gone over an hour if we did best-of-7.

For a 32-man tourney, I'm guessing it would add at least an hour to the bracket running time.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
That's depending on how often it will go to 4 or even 5 matches.
no, because there is minimum 3 games while before there were 2 games. thats a 50% increase.

edit- that 41 minutes must have included out-of-game time. in a best of 5, 5 time outs is only 40 minutes lol

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
no, because there is minimum 3 games while before there were 2 games. thats a 50% increase.

edit- that 41 minutes must have included out-of-game time. in a best of 5, 5 time outs is only 40 minutes lol
Which is less time the round robin idea would take, so I fail to see the problem.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
That was 2 sets Juggleguy, trying to pass that off as 1! I see you.

@Joe, actually the average increase would be 1.5 games per set, I didn't do % though. That is taking all possibilities of all outcomes from both styles.

Edit: Btw I would prefer this style even if it had to remove pools for time constraints.

ORLY

Smash Master
lance getting better, eh? i wanna see this for myself!

i bet i'll get uptilt x 2 to fsmash like twice

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
LOL! I didn't say anything about progress but Chris is right. There will be many Lance combos this weekend.

Also, challenge accepted gentleman.

Top Bottom