• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashing Grounds to the Future! 3

Scythe

Smash Master
yeah my bad i didn't see juggle's post and didn't feel like editing it.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Yea, every time I record I get really bored. I think the same thing happens to Sveet, you have the patience of a god Rob. :)
Yeah I get busy with other things and never get a chance to upload, not to mention my ISP is [apparently] the worst in the world. Also, my hardware isn't good so the videos are naturally choppy. I can't find a solution without spending a lot of money that I don't have, so I gave up after a while.

Quaz

Smash Master
Sorry Chris, but sync and I were hoping to do more than just smash at my place Saturday. Were hoping that other wi dudes near us will do the same. It's not worth it go sync and I to give money to kels.

:phone:

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
What part isnt worth it? The fun aspect? The tournament experience?

Dart drives just as far as you guys, just sayin.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Joe I would appreciate it if you wouldn't (drunk) Skype me at 4:20 AM. I understand it's quite hilarious that it's 420, but some of us were distracted while reading Berserk.

On an unrelated topic, are we teamin for this?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Joe I would appreciate it if you wouldn't (drunk) Skype me at 4:20 AM. I understand it's quite hilarious that it's 420, but some of us were distracted while reading Berserk.

I wasnt drunk, i found a skype program on my PSP and i thought clicking on ur name would open a chat window like it does on my comp. turns out the PSP version only has calls, no chat :/

Also, yeah i'll team witya but we gotta get some practice in

metroid1117

Smash Master
Theres also no counterpicks lol
Wait, so are the only stages we're playing on the neutral stages (Dream Land, Battlefield, and Yoshi's Story)? The OP says Final Destination, PokeStadium, and Fountain are counterpicks.

Come to think of it... why is the stage list so small compared to other tournaments?

Tink

Smash Hero
wait wait wait!

the true take away from this all is that iiiii need to get D/L a new berserk apprently 00_00

Scythe

Smash Master

good man

still waiting on the new anime

Me14k

Smash Lord
Wait, so are the only stages we're playing on the neutral stages (Dream Land, Battlefield, and Yoshi's Story)? The OP says Final Destination, PokeStadium, and Fountain are counterpicks.

Come to think of it... why is the stage list so small compared to other tournaments?
1. Me14k will be representing TeAm MoNsTeR BiScUiT.
2. I don't get the singles neut stages..its going to be battlefield every time. I don't keep up with the new rules but is everyone in legitimate agreement that poke stadium should not be counter?
3. I would like a teams partner. Preferably someone I've played with previously.

FRAT.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Singles stages are reduced because neutral stages increase character diversity and remove the majority of the "gay". Why include stages if they are only justified to be there because we allow players to ban them?

The concept of a "neutral" stage is outdated, since we no longer have a random start. There are stages to be striken from and stages that aren't included in the strike but are fair to play on. I consider all the stages that are included in this [singles] ruleset to be neutrals.

also, i start as many games on non-BF in this ruleset as i did in the pound ruleset. About 2 or 3 sets per tournament.

john!

Smash Hero
last time (if i recall correctly) there was only neutrals and no ban. i've long supported the only neutrals idea, but i think you should have 5+ neutrals and include a ban. some characters get screwed by even neutral stages in certain matchups, and having a ban puts an element of strategy in and makes it more fair. just my 2c

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Berserk is too good, I read like 2000 pages for no reason the other night.

I like John's idea. A lot of people still hate *insert not Battlefield stage here, even if it's just for 1 matchup*

Rat

Smash Lord
There is counterpicking.
There aren't any stage bans (btw maybe there should be bans. I had some mixed reactions about it last time. To the discussion mobile!)

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Im also considering stage bans but I wont be implementing that modification at the 6/18 tournament. I think if that happens then DSR would need to be removed or else there wont be stages to choose from game 3 and especially game 5.

Scythe

Smash Master
in some matchups if you lose game 1 then it's over for game 3 because FD can't get banned

Top Bottom