• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashing Grounds REVIVED: 4 - 2/13/2010 -- Glen Ellyn, IL!

raychun1

Smash Apprentice
haha, good ****. i'll make sure i can come too. kels and tink are prolly gonna **** everyone, so MM's are my only hope

Tink

Smash Hero
rofll...the rest of the 5$(that isnt spent on chips or pop) shoulddd be going into the pot. it kinda helps kels out when theres only like, 16 people here -_-.

it also encourages u to bring setups, which, most people wouldnt do if they didnt get a venue fee off -_-.
i almost guarentee that we would get half as many setups, if there wasnt a discount for bringing one.

i know myself wont be bringing one if theres no venue fee -_-.

Kels88

Smash Lord
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Venue fees suck and I don't have a t.v small enough to travel with:(
Could I get like some kind of discount? Pleeeeeeease. lol jk but I don't like them.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
i've personally talked to 6 or 7 people that are coming besides the people who have posted in this thread. i'm fairly confident there are still more people who are coming but haven't posted so here.

$5 venue fee stands, stop your *****ing. i'm bringing drinks and snacks, enough for everyone to be comfy. 1 pop is $1.50 in the vending machine and there is a bunch of snacks between ~$.85-$1.50. if you plan to have more than 1 drink and 1 snack you are spending the same amount of money for less.

i plan to bring bottled water not just soda, and i am still open to any ideas for any food/beverage for this.

also mars, you still owe me $10 from SMYM10 so i expect to see that on top of the $5 venue fee.

oh yea, and $10 will be given from the venue fees to the person who knocks kels or tink out of the bracket.

Kels88

Smash Lord
So does this mean that if I don't get knocked out I get that 10 bucks? And put tink up there too. I don't wanna face him in finals so someone please knock him out.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
there ya go. if neither of you win, itll probably only be $5 per person (unless there is a lot more venue fee money than i think there will be)

oh and yea, if venue fees go over the costs the extra money will be put in the singles pot.

Kels88

Smash Lord
Okay cool. Now people have more incentive to take out Tink. Tink, you are going down and it wont be me that does it. *Hopes that someone else beats Tink*

Mars-

Smash Champion
i've personally talked to 6 or 7 people that are coming besides the people who have posted in this thread. i'm fairly confident there are still more people who are coming but haven't posted so here.

$5 venue fee stands, stop your *****ing. i'm bringing drinks and snacks, enough for everyone to be comfy. 1 pop is $1.50 in the vending machine and there is a bunch of snacks between ~$.85-$1.50. if you plan to have more than 1 drink and 1 snack you are spending the same amount of money for less.

i plan to bring bottled water not just soda, and i am still open to any ideas for any food/beverage for this.

also mars, you still owe me $10 from SMYM10 so i expect to see that on top of the $5 venue fee.

oh yea, and $10 will be given from the venue fees to the person who knocks kels or tink out of the bracket.
4x 6 packs of 24 FL OZ bottles of pepsi from jewel is $10. If you feel like getting 8 smaller bottles from a machine instead of getting 24 bigger bottles from jewel then I would prefer to buy my own food and drinks.

And you better have a ****load of food because it would suck to be stuck taking things you don't want because we ran out.

Meneks

Smash Lord
Like some of you I think I would rather have 5 bucks kept in my pocket so I can buy the food of my choice rather then having someone else buy chips and drinks with it..
Just makes more sense to me.

Tink

Smash Hero
lolll...i cant believe people are b1tching over 5 dollars...really? if you dont wanna play it, bring a tv. simple as that.

its way more convienent for the food/drinks to jus be there and you not have to go further outa your way, and possibly hold up the tourny.

the moneys also not jus going to food. i dont know if you jus dont wanna do it becuase you think sveets gonna take the rest or somehting, but its suppose to go back into the pot, so step your game up and stop johnin,

Meneks

Smash Lord
My T.v is too big to take..
No car to put the tv in to take me to the tourney.
I live on the third floor.
For some people it isn't just
"as simple as that."
If i did have a tv and a car I wouldve brought it got my fee waived and wouldn't have even cared if others had to pay or not.
lol just sayin.

Tink

Smash Hero
lolll..thats a hugeee list of johns lolll....im borrowing big Cs wii for my setup. you dont have any friends or family either that have a tv that trust you? just a thought.

but really, 5$? i am deaddd broke and currently looking for work, but am not complaining.....though will be bringing a setup -_-....so maybe thats why.

alcheato

Smash Ace
Oooh ****, son! Those $10 are so ****ing mine. Consider me there with Dave and possibly Jazzness. Also, I haven't been to any tournies in a while so I'll take pretty much any MM's as warmups-- just not Kels' lame *** Fox :dizzy:.

Tink

Smash Hero
yo i want some MMs against my peach/doc....whos up for some hurting?(any char but your main kels, and you can get on this =) )

Tink

Smash Hero
hey, i dont mind Mm you matt, as long as i dont have to fight your main =)....doc and peach cant handle peoples main chars YET....but everything else =), small potatoes!

and sveet, ill talk to you there =).

Mars-

Smash Champion
Tink I'll mm your peach.

Kochiha I'll mm whatever for $5.

Joe I'll mm your fox $5.

Alcheato I'll mm you if we don't play first round in tourny.

Meneks you want $10 then?

Meneks

Smash Lord
Tink I'll mm your peach.

Kochiha I'll mm whatever for $5.

Joe I'll mm your fox $5.

Alcheato I'll mm you if we don't play first round in tourny.

Meneks you want $10 then?
Ah I don't even know if i'm even going to this..
If I do go mention it to me..
But beating a samus for $10 that only stays in shield sounds reasonable to me..
We'll see what happens if i go

Mars-

Smash Champion
Ah I don't even know if i'm even going to this..
If I do go mention it to me..
But beating a samus for $10 that only stays in shield sounds reasonable to me..
We'll see what happens if i go
Already johning about characters.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
wow dude, you sound like you really want to lose money next weekend lmao

yea sure, i'm in for $5. i need something to make up for the money im gonna lose to tink lol

Mars-

Smash Champion
wow dude, you sound like you really want to lose money next weekend lmao

yea sure, i'm in for $5. i need something to make up for the money im gonna lose to tink lol
Lol, just face it, the only character you can consistantly beat me with is sheik. I predict some tech skill johns, suicide johns, character johns, hell you might be so mad you will just give me the money and quit.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Lol, just face it, the only character you can consistantly beat me with is sheik. I predict some tech skill johns, suicide johns, character johns, hell you might be so mad you will just give me the money and quit.
$20 mm? :D

Top Bottom