• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashing Ground III (12/23/06) at CoD: Under New Management!

Nike

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, Capps .. MJN and I are supposed to team.

I haven't heard back from him in a while though ... it's making me nervous.
yea we still on...

fan broke on my laptop so i had to take it in, won't see it for another 2 weeks. as a result i haven't been on the boards as much and haven't been on aim at all.

can't belive this is tomorrow...

CaptainAwesome

Smash Ace
Wow. My boss just called me, and told me that if I don't come in tomorrow, I'm fired.

Dude, TJ, I'm sorry. This is pretty ****ing weak, but there isn't really anything I can do. I'll catch you guys at Big C's tournament.

WiseLugia

Smash Journeyman
Google is crap. Can someone link me to or bring tourney maker tomorrow? Everything I find is either crap or costly. >_>

Quaz

Smash Master
I just got back home, I didn't do as well as I hoped, but maybe I shouldnt expect so much of myself >_> lol

great tourney though, I have friendlies with a lot of people.. maybe I'll do shouts later

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
SHOUT OUTS!!!!!!!!

~ Marth: It was great teaming with ya. Sorry for hitting you so many times. ;-) We'll have to do it again sometime. ^_^

~Mars: You've gotten a lot better man (as have I. :-P ) Matches were a lot closer today. Keep up the good work dude!

~KORK: Wait... Wait, hold on... Hold on... :Backhand: Okay, Go! X-D

~ Lugia: Sorry for the trouble with me cube. :-/ Thanks for understanding though.

~Ruben: Take it easy man! We'll do something again soon!

~Hoefler: We should try smashing outside of SG sometime. I'll send you a PM when I have time.

TO ANYONE I MISSED: Kudos to all!! I enjoyed all the matched I took part in. Hope to see you all at the next SG. Speaking of which... when IS the next SG???

WiseLugia

Smash Journeyman
The Results Are In

Teams

1: Team Broken ($96.00)
2: LessQQ MorePewPew ($48.00)
3: Fireball ($16.00)
4: Dog Law # Next Number
5: Edward Forty Hands
5: OMG What's the range on that sword?
7: Team Johns
7: Odin and Marth
9: Chip n Dale
9: Sveet and Hoefler
9: BoomPow
9: Mundeza
13: Team Ghey
13: Team Rumblefish
13: Juggs
13: BingBing

Singles

1: Tink ($114.00)
2: Viperboy ($57.00)
3: Eddie ($19.00)
4: Jazzness
5: Pete Chen
5: Sauce
7: Crashman
7: Big C
9: Oov
9: Ruben
9: EighteenSpikes
9: Fletch
13: Steve
13: Ray
13: James Sparrow
13: Zec
17: Triangle Man
17: Quaz
17: Marth101
17: MJN
17: Flip
17: Mundunguuuu
17: Robis
17: Ctip_5
25: Wiselugia
25: zjiin
25: Tre1
25: Meza
25: Hoefler
25: Walking Thano
25: George
25: Zero
33: Animatt
33: loki
33: Your Mom
33: Darkmaster
33: Hore
33: Sveet
33: Igor

(Sorry to Sveet who got froed by the mass byes. He actually won a match. =/)

Low Tier

1: Robin
2: Wiselugia
3: Zero
4: Asfidif
5: Mars
5: Hore
7: Walking Thano
7: Sveet

And now for my shoutouts:

Zero: Obviously, thanks for the ride. We will reign in teams one day. =D Oh, and Roy > Mewtwo. =P

Robin: ****ing awesome low tier battles. The Pikachu will lose to its kid yet. ;D

Mars: Nice try with the Link, man, but I dunno if it's gonna work anymore...

Odin: Shoulda played you more. Too bad you had to leave early. =(

Hoefler: Start winning games. That is all.

Sveet: I'll give your Fox all the games it wants, just contact me. =)

That'll be all. Keep an eye out for SGIV, all.

Robin60062

Smash Apprentice
I'm Robin, not Robis. ;[

Dude, Wise, major props on that Pichu. That was like the sickest rat i've ever had to fight. Pikas for god tier, yo.

Fletch

Smash Master
Good stuff everyone, it was my first tournament and everyone seemed really cool and inviting, and thanks to viperboy and big c for kicking my ***.

Jazzness

Smash Ace
1: Team Broken (Eddie + Cunning)
2: LessQQ MorePewPew (Tink + Pete Chen)
3: Fireball (Crashman + Sauce)
4: Dog Law # Next Number (18spikes + J Sparrow)

MJN + Jazzness = Chip'n Dale: Rescue Rangers

But we sucked it up hardcore in teams lol. My bad. ...

I'm Robin, not Robis. ;[

Dude, Wise, major props on that Pichu. That was like the sickest rat i've ever had to fight. Pikas for god tier, yo.
Wait'll you meet Zig-zag. (:

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
ok on my singles results... im 33rd but im the only person in the 33rds that actually won a match, and tre1 was the only person in the 25th that won a match. i think both of us deserve 17th, where the people who actually won matches are. next time dont have gay bye system.

actually i think next time we should do pools. 8 pools of even amounts of people, top 2 go to brackets. might take longer, but would be better for people who join the tourney for the experience not the money (the majority of people there, besides eddie, viperboy, tink, CK, and the rest of the amazing ppl).

also we REALLY need more setups next time.

BIG C

Smash Master
ok on my singles results... im 33rd but im the only person in the 33rds that actually won a match, and tre1 was the only person in the 25th that won a match. i think both of us deserve 17th, where the people who actually won matches are. next time dont have gay bye system.

actually i think next time we should do pools. 8 pools of even amounts of people, top 2 go to brackets. might take longer, but would be better for people who join the tourney for the experience not the money (the majority of people there, besides eddie, viperboy, tink, CK, and the rest of the amazing ppl).

also we REALLY need more setups next time.
the way the byes were is unavoidable. when u get any number above 32 in a bracket it has to be 64 just like if u have 65 entrants u have to have a 128 man bracket. meaning a helluva lot of byes. its just cuz we did it random seeded and everything.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
the way the byes were is unavoidable. when u get any number above 32 in a bracket it has to be 64 just like if u have 65 entrants u have to have a 128 man bracket. meaning a helluva lot of byes. its just cuz we did it random seeded and everything.
yea, but we were actually discussing the possibilty of pools at the frendlies TV (me, WL, Zero, Hore, and Brendan) but i dont know if im the only one who took the idea seriously :/ i kind of like it, if we had enough TVs it would be really nice. for practical purposes it would take like 3 hours to do the singles then, which would suck.

BIG C

Smash Master
random seeding saves time like a mofo. normally it should be , at smaller tournies, random seeding and crew seperation.
also i got 7th w/o using peach or sheik

Top Bottom