• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashGT 3 July 17th (Melee Only) CONFIRMED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiggum

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I know...I just said something on your smashboards wall thingy but his room is REALLY small and has two TV's if there was like 8 people up in there people would literally have to stand lol.
We're all men aren't we? If it stops anyone else from sleeping on my shoulder then I'll gladly stand. :chuckle:

But nearly every sunday is a smashfest at this smasher called Bishkin who lives in an area called Southfields on the district which is easy (and free :D) to get to from Wimbeldon as there is no barriers at his station or if you get the tram from croydon to wimbeldon and walk to the train area and stay on the train for like two stops and then your at Southfields.....
I can get one bus straight to Southfields

There's ALOTTT more room in his house plus recording equipment with commentary lol so I will def be calling you about that one.
I'll have to deal with that commentary :)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Well since you said you're coming to the wednesday thing now in the smashboards chat thingy then i'll tell you how to get to Alpha Dash's...it's really easy.

EITHERRRR you can get the train to his and the station is called Reedham and he literally lives like 2 minutes from there and there's only two direction you can walk when you walk out so directing you would be very easy.

ORRR you can get the bus from Croydon to his and there's like 6 buses from Croydon which go to his and he lives like 3 minutes from the bus stop so he could just walk there or direct you.

So which would you prefer?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
We're all men aren't we? If it stops anyone else from sleeping on my shoulder then I'll gladly stand. :chuckle:
looool I remember that......at the Liverpool tournament ALT which was my first UK tournament lol....:(

But I didn't realize I was asleep, I bet you put your body there anyway lol.

Wiggum

Smash Journeyman
I put my body on the sofa so I could sleep, when I wake up I find my shoulder being used as a pillow. lol it's fine though, it was either me or Pdot, and Pdot fell asleep AFTER me so I guess I sort of sealed my own fate. I also recall Edwin hiding Fuzz's glasses and after they were found, Charles proceeded to showing me various Mario 64 glitches when I was too tired to properly acknowledge or protest.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I put my body on the sofa so I could sleep, when I wake up I find my shoulder being used as a pillow. lol it's fine though, it was either me or Pdot, and Pdot fell asleep AFTER me so I guess I sort of sealed my own fate. I also recall Edwin hiding Fuzz's glasses and after they were found, Charles proceeded to showing me various Mario 64 glitches when I was too tired to properly acknowledge or protest.
LOOOOOOOOL Yhhhh I remember that.

And pretty much nothing has changed with Charles in that kinda sense lol.

Also I remember Edwin hiding them Charles and we felt BAREEEE guilty and one point cos Charles apparently REALLYYY needed them as he could practically see nothing without them lol....but not that guilty as we didn't hide them :)

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
As said before....you are of a caucasian decent so.....jkin loool.

Yeah it would be good if you can come, im really liking your improvement ALOTTT lately so I would like to see how you fare against other people.

And JJlinyard I just got back from playing smash at Alpha Dash and its a bit late but I will try to give advice on the vids tomorrow :).
It would be good if the community as a whole could give advice to people when they watch there vidoes just so we can get the community improving and motivated together. :)

Edit - Also this smashfest on wednesday The Last Dragon is coming to it as he said he's gonna train now for GT3 and then he's gonna quit (even though we won't let him lol)

So, so far it's
Alpha Dash
Professor Pro
The Last Dragon
Jolteon
JJlinayrd
The Lust

and tbh it's prob best if only one more person comes as there wouldn't be much room.
I'm definitely not gonna stop with it, I will keep improving even after I hit the top. :D There's a few basic things I want to get down next time I play someone human which will help a LOT since I'm practically giving away 2-3 stocks per match by not doing them correctly. I wish one of the sets I've had recently would get uploaded though lol, I want some critique. @@

Wiggum

Smash Journeyman
Well since you said you're coming to the wednesday thing now in the smashboards chat thingy then i'll tell you how to get to Alpha Dash's...it's really easy.

EITHERRRR you can get the train to his and the station is called Reedham and he literally lives like 2 minutes from there and there's only two direction you can walk when you walk out so directing you would be very easy.

ORRR you can get the bus from Croydon to his and there's like 6 buses from Croydon which go to his and he lives like 3 minutes from the bus stop so he could just walk there or direct you.

So which would you prefer?
Sorry didn't notice this post. Since train tends to cost money that I don't have, I'll be taking the bus. I can get the 264 to Croyden, or alternatively I can take one of the buses from Streatham common, which since you live in Heath if I recall correctly, would mean I could take the same route are (or would if you intend to take the train).

Is you're number still the same? Is there anyone else's number I need? Can you PM me the exact address so I can look at it on route planner?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Sorry didn't notice this post. Since train tends to cost money that I don't have, I'll be taking the bus. I can get the 264 to Croyden, or alternatively I can take one of the buses from Streatham common, which since you live in Heath if I recall correctly, would mean I could take the same route are (or would if you intend to take the train).

Is you're number still the same? Is there anyone else's number I need? Can you PM me the exact address so I can look at it on route planner?

Well right now I don't have the exact address but I can get it for you and yeah I have the same number. What about you?

And yeah I live in heath and I get the 60 bus from there or get on the first bus that comes since 6 buses go to Croydon from heath and then wait at some stop where another 6 buses go to Purely which is where he lives but it's just near a station called Reedham lol.

I always get bus there unless I already have a travelcard on that day cos I don't have money to spend either.
I'll tell you the address he lives and the 6 buses you can get there the next time I speak to him.

All I remember now though is the 60, 466 and I THINKKKK the 405.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I'm definitely not gonna stop with it, I will keep improving even after I hit the top. :D There's a few basic things I want to get down next time I play someone human which will help a LOT since I'm practically giving away 2-3 stocks per match by not doing them correctly. I wish one of the sets I've had recently would get uploaded though lol, I want some critique. @@
What matches did you get recorded....did you mean the ones at VA's or another set of matches at Biskins....and it's good to know you are finally determined and I know it must feel good now knowing you have a solid character lol :)

Whats the few basic things you were talking about which is giving away stocks or isit one of them things where you don't really want to expose it to the public lol?

Your spacing getting pretty annoying as well which means it's getting good loool.
But seriously do that Bair thing instead of the Nair lol....you know what i'm talking about.

Wiggum

Smash Journeyman
Well right now I don't have the exact address but I can get it for you and yeah I have the same number. What about you?

And yeah I live in heath and I get the 60 bus from there or get on the first bus that comes since 6 buses go to Croydon from heath and then wait at some stop where another 6 buses go to Purely which is where he lives but it's just near a station called Reedham lol.

I always get bus there unless I already have a travelcard on that day cos I don't have money to spend either.
I'll tell you the address he lives and the 6 buses you can get there the next time I speak to him.

All I remember now though is the 60, 466 and I THINKKKK the 405.
Those buses and the fact he lives in Purley, 2 minutes away from Reedham station is probably enough to get me there. Anyway I have your number so I'll bell you up if there's anything else I need to know, and you have my number so you can tell me anything I need to know once you find out.

Jolteon

What matches did you get recorded....did you mean the ones at VA's or another set of matches at Biskins....and it's good to know you are finally determined and I know it must feel good now knowing you have a solid character lol :)

Whats the few basic things you were talking about which is giving away stocks or isit one of them things where you don't really want to expose it to the public lol?

Your spacing getting pretty annoying as well which means it's getting good loool.
But seriously do that Bair thing instead of the Nair lol....you know what i'm talking about.
Two sets at VA's and a few at Bishkin's too, and yeah it's a very good feeling. :D

The main basic thing I was talking about was simple but effective ways to stuff approaches and punish them hard at the same time, like ftilting through nair approaches or CC'ing them to grab tech chase combos.

And I know what you mean lol. :( I know both are useful in different situations though so I've been experimenting with nair instead a lot.

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
Btw i wont be able to make it on wednesday so that frees up space i have school and football on wednesdaay soz guys

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
lol Well if you do come i'm not playing you the entire day.

And I don't actually think you can come anyway as Edwin already said he MIGHT come and will decide by tomorrow to come so there's 7 people

But if Edwin drops out then so can you.....and btw if I do play you I DEFINITELY won't be playing you as fox.
Strictly falco and CF.

VA

Smash Hero
That vid is outraggeeous. Espesh SW's bit on the brinstar get to the top thing. It made me say "WHAT?" then rewind.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
loool Yep....
SW is toooo much in that video, definitely the best i've seen him at and obviously Lovage is sick with the shai drop implements and all of the other crazt synced stuff they both did.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
how is 0.48 done lol

so strange - edwin
lol Basically it's just a KINDAAA glitch which actually happens on other stages when you run off the edge and shine your shine dissapears even though you are still in the shine but they somehow found out how to do it on the stage (probably easy to do tbh, just standing at a certain part of the stage or landing on it a certain way) and then they just stayed in the shine and then just dropped below.

You can semi see the fox turn blue when he's near the floor from the shine since that's what usually happens.

Jolteon

you know charles had that fox texture at our last monthly right? lol.

but yeah that dl64 is really cool

Professor Pro

Smash Legend

smakis

Smash Ace
dreamland was supposed to have the mario rpg texture, i inserted the file, dunno why it didnt show up ingame.

the yellow/black fox was craiiggs request, fuzzy and me was looking all over for pinstripe falcon before the monthly but couldnt dig it up in time before my flight =/

Jolteon

omfg, Midna Sheik.

Also that dark Roy costume makes me actually wanna main him lmao

Blinky

Smash Journeyman
Loving the mewtwo in the robot costume.
Although I'm surprised this is such a big topic atm, seeing as project melee is over a year old.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Loving the mewtwo in the robot costume.
Although I'm surprised this is such a big topic atm, seeing as project melee is over a year old.
Yeah it is kinda not new but only has recently been getting exploited in places like tournaments instead of just a gamers room which is why it is even more interesting :)

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
sounds good man, tho we should enter just as England, we don't need to hide under the UK flag anymore. If the rest of the UK had been decent folk and supported our lads in South Africa i might not be saying this, but as they take every opportunity to say "**** you England" i think it's fitting they get left out ;)

after all they're all wannabe englishmen anyway.
Are you talking about Smash GT or Eds tournament?

At Eds I would hope we will be one crew. After all the UK is in itself a whole community. We influence each others ability, unlike supporting England or Scotland at football lol.

Anyway I don't mean to cause a ruckus, just don't think thats a relevant point. To exempt part of the community because of football support seems daft. I support the UK smash community and want them to do well in Europe, that should be all that matters ;)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Plus.....I want Zeppo on our team loool....that's if he has warmed up in time :)

Sooo....ZEPPO START PRACTICING lol. I hope the UK fully are behind ourselves at this tournament....no more rivals, we are all one team and need to help each other at this if we get the chance and full support people who progress on in the tournament and people who don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom