• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashfest T.O. FEB 10/07

Snow Blind

Smash Cadet
Ahhh and i wake up this wonderful morning of a Smashfest and i think to myself "Carpe Dium", cept i'm thinking more along the lines of "Carpe Cashium" ;) Too late to set up money matches? nawww, ya'll betta be bringin some dough cuz my pockets need filling :p Bob, you and i will fully have a couple matches, i gotta see this captain of urs....and what? no sheik vs ur Link? i sense some fright? pretty sure u should let my sheik play ur Link, buddy :) As for your Falcon...i think we can arrange a lil somethin ;) besides, i'm just some old guy pretending to be good at this game, accept :) i hope there's more of you out there willin ta take a little thrashing as well with money on the line.

I haven't even really spoken with V and JB much before today about the tourny either, but we're amped i'm sure, i know i am :) it's muuuch to long since i last came to one of these, i hope i can make an impact, prolly not, but i hope :) anyways, when we all start mingling and such, please ignore my pie-eyes, i have...uuhhh...allergies and such....or somethin. oOooOOOoWeeeeEee **** excited bout today.

And no one has spoken about crews in a lil bit, we may need one or 2 more people for ours, but for the moment we have 3......requirements to join? simple, we're lookin fer a bit of attitude and a bit of age lol

Ok then, well that sums up my pre-game preach. Bring ya game t'day ya'll, and always remember......No John's......and would someone please bring an extra controller for when V throws and breaks his? thanks :)

homsar

Smash Ace
Please dont let the mini tourny take over the fest. I have no money so I wont be entering the tourny and it would suck if it toook over.

EDIT: McD isnt coming any more, he isnt feeling well.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
aight yo it's 12:8 iam about to leave yes! lol and yes i will have my friend(Byakugan28) and my cousin (NB$) cause now my cousin said he had ball practice but now he didn't go so yeah we are a group of 3 so uyup. aight out see you there!

Bob Lablaw

Smash Journeyman
I'll take both of those matches. Any challenge put forth I will take. You are all dead.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
WOW that was a crazy smashfest.

Scintillatedseed: Lol you ***** me with your marth (stupid dairs LOL) Your Fox was so sexy. But you kept selfdestructing. Maybe next time we will get a good match lol. Lol and yes bring down the TV was so jokes i almost slipped like 4 times. And I know you like my sexy gamecube. lol So yeah GG. I also know you love Link arrows when i shot your fox out when you where charging fox's Up B! GG!

Bob Lablaw: ... You didn't have to four and three stock me lol. And yes i saw your Link. It was nice! But the only thing is about my Link i don't use Spin Attck for some reason. Your Falcon ***** without a condom!. I need to play you more! and it was so fun bringin down the TV lol! But you comboed my 99% of all those 2 matches we had, oh well next time!

Kirby Dude: Wow your Kirby killed my Link, it took me awhile which character i should use to kill your kirby. And it was jiggs. Lol but you still pwn now i need to face ou more! that was cool!. And yes me and you doubles! that was sooooooo fun.

User name JB: You had crazy shining skills!!!!!!! 99% of my falco and fox died cause of your shines very sexy!!!!!!.

Snow Blind: I never played you 1 on 1 but it was still good facing you in doubles! it was so fun! and yes the down smash was also sexy.

To everybody else GG!

Funny Moment:"I only have a dollar" "I only got 2 quarters, 3 dimes, 4 nickles" "The grand price is 10 dollars" "Sry guys the grand price droped by 2 dollars"

Lol ill post more after! i just got home (7:00) i left around 5:40 sry i didn't get to play everyone. But it was soo fun though! GG everyone!

byakugan28

Smash Apprentice
*types up poorly made shout outs* :(

Seed: Nice games LOL... It's ashame that we had to leave early... But i won the series against marth and shiek... Rate me shiek out of 10 NAO XD

Kio: We didn't really have that many matches... Like one or two... GG nontheless Nice job on the 3 stock :p Also thanks for complimenting my fox

Brandon: XD ggs... We had like so many matches... I expecially liked the one where i 3 stocked your doc :)

Volasko: **** GGs... ALmost did some shined blind stuff on your falcon LOL... PErhaps next time... o.>

done kthxbai :p :p P

Oh yeah almost forgot, how did the T.V. get back on the shelf?

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Id give shoot outs but I just got terrible news so now Im all sad and depressed. Probibly wont hear from me for awhile.
Look's like someone got in trouble :p i saw you but never got to face you

D

Deleted member

What happened? Shoutouts to come, sorry to hear something happened.

Lemme just say, dear god one of the funniest nights in a while. Ohhhh man.

If I was acting like a prick, sorry, the trashtalking does that to me.

HMWii22

BRoomer
BRoomer
JKH | Crazy Dog is crazy says:
so much hilarious trash talk
Liam - Oh, how a foolish fool makes a foolish face while dreaming foolishly foolish dreams says:
why didn't you call me at 6?
JKH | Crazy Dog is crazy says:
kinda forgot

:\

:(

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
GG's everyone, had a fun time. Shoutouts later. Oh yeah..... Mini Tourny results:
1st: J.B
2nd: Me
3rd: Mr. Kio

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
Kirby Dude: Wow your Kirby killed my Link, it took me awhile which character i should use to kill your kirby. And it was jiggs. Lol but you still pwn now i need to face ou more! that was cool!. And yes me and you doubles! that was sooooooo fun.
You know something is weird when someone is counter-picking characters to take down a Kirby. In a friendly. :chuckle: But that was fun yo.

Runawayfire: I will MM your Luigi for $1 at the next smashfest I see you at. Kirby shall prevail dammit!

JB: Next time I play your Fox with Kirby we do a real set with pick/counterpick lol. Maybe next time Kirby will lose... but next time I might not be playing Kirby lol. It has become clear that I need to learn a real character with actual moves :/

Whoever I did the Marth set with (Seed iirc): Next time we play Kirby shall prevail! Or get tippered to death. Admittedly the latter is much more likely but I'm not really in my right mind at this moment so right now I'm just going to say "Pokefloats ftw" and leave it at that. I was surprised you didn't ban Rainbow Cruise/Pokefloats but then I remembered that you haven't played Kirby before so then I went "Oh yeah lol right".

V: I want to play against that Marth again. Best of 3 set plz.

Anyone else: GFG. Now I'm off to learn a real character. G'day.

Bob Lablaw

Smash Journeyman
GG everybody. Good smashfest, I had a ton of fun.
I'm happy to say that the Toronto scene is really getting a lot better. I met a lot of new smashers today which is great. Keep up the smashin folks, and introduce your friends so that we can get the Toronto scene bumpin.

Shouts:

Tai (Seed): Thanks so much for the fest, I can never get enough smash. Your Marth is getting quite a bit better. I noticed in the first round of our tourny match you really poured it on there. You must have gotten hungry for the win I think? Well keep it up anyway, you're gonna get a lot better soon.

Old man Volasko!: Good matches man! As always of course. Come play with us more often. Sorry for all the **** talking by the way, I've been getting pretty jaded lately towards a lot of characters. Mostly space animals and marth, so I may not have been giving you proper credit for some of your nicer combos. I remember one in a teams match against my link, close to 2 minutes of juggling I think.

Snow: GG's yo. Them sheiks are the daeth of me. Nice matches in the tourny. Come play more often too. We should set up some smash drinking games, I have a feeling you'd be good at that.

JB: Good seeing you again, Nice job winning that 10 bucks!

Last guy who came with Andrew Adam and Brandon: So sorry to have forgotten your name, I'm terrible with names. Nice matches. I think you gotta pick yourself a main, I found that doing that helped me a lot when I was starting out.

Homsar: That samus is getting better. You're playing faster then the last time we met. Work on your mindgames some more. A few things you were doing were becoming a tad predictable. Edge guarding too. Keep your cool when you play and just make sure you time those up tilts. I noticed your timing was a bit off on some of your edge guards so work on that a bit. I'm sure McD can help you there. Once you get a falcon off the stage, keep him off. It's easy.
I'm sorry to hear about this terrible news. I hope everything sorts itself out on your end.

Stos: It's great to see another link player around. Good Links are few and far between. You got good tech skills, your link is fast which is very good. Just keep playing, You'll iron out some of the problems in your game quickly, like the SD's in particular. Oh and what's up with the lack of spin attack?! It's a dope move, just make sure you hit with it so that you don't get punished. Gotta get your ledge guarding down too. Never let falcons live once they're off the stage. Spin attack that *******.

Byakugan: Nice fox, Great tech skill. Just keep playing man, now that you got the tech skill down it's all about the mind games. Are you in the GTA? You and Stos missed all the other members of my crew showing up. Come play some games with us sometime eh?

Bunch of asian dudes who showed up a bit later: Sorry for not getting any names, Nice meeting you all though! Welcome to the GTA smash community.

Runawayfire: Your characters are crazy man, I want some more matches with your jigs. **** you for knocking me out of the tourny!

Dragon Hawk: Nice Kirby! Best I've seen in a long time. Keep it up.

Sorry if I missed anyone, nothing personal. Infact tell me if I missed you. I'll make it right.

Scintillatedseed

Smash Journeyman
No offence, but this is completely serious. Something horrible has happened.
I'm very sorry to hear, anything I can do to help?

some shoutouts:

First off I don't know how we lost so badly in the crew match. we lost by 5 stock, i suppose 1 stock each and bam? Oooh i know why, snowblind -2, me -2. We lost by 5 stock was it? I depended too much on noah and kio. *shakes head* David ***** though, KIRRRBBY. Man I can't believe you pulled that out of your *** nate, I got careless and nervous. You didn't do any of that down+b during the tourney.

We've got pics and vids from that night, i'll post them up soon enough.

JB: You did good finalist, I hope you enjoyed your 8.50 dollar GRAND prize. We didn't getto play at all, but even with your nagging back you won, that's an achievement because i didn't get far enough with my handicap. :laugh: And you were one of the guy's that helped us WIN the crew battle(because there's never a loss without a victory!) But seriously, you I don't know how we died so badly.

Runawayfire: Congratz on winning the pot! Sorry I forgot your name buddy, but I remember now, it's nate! Close match though, it's too bad we have to face each other in the first round. I hate floaty characters, I can't seem to deal with jiggly or samus well and I think i know why now, I'm going to work on that. And ENJOOY your 2nd prize. Four dollars and 50 cents.

byakugan28

Smash Apprentice
Byakugan: Nice fox, Great tech skill. Just keep playing man, now that you got the tech skill down it's all about the mind games. Are you in the GTA? You and Stos missed all the other members of my crew showing up. Come play some games with us sometime eh?
We live in Scarborough... And yeah i kind of use SHDL for some mind games... o.> Is there going to be any major smashfets/tourney coming up soon? There we're lots of people i didn't play.. So, meh

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Shoutouts:

Tai: Had a great time man, thanks for throwing it. LOL My name itself isn't too important. Good matches, sucks we faced first round. Thanks for the congrats, can you guess what I spent it on? (starts with M and is bad for your health.)
We should have practiced some team matches. Oh yeah, Jake's Warriors > Tai's Warriors.

Kio: Lol I like to keep my characters strange and hard to fight, gives me what I call the " wtf!?" advantage. Didn't do our money matches, but I guess our loser's finals match kinda was one. GG's, Till next time: Montreal?

J.B: Great matches man, props on you beating me. I hope you spent your prize money on some kind of disgusting food as well. Till next time.

Snowblind: Lol at our match, If only you had known I love to fight space animals. Lol at you telling me about Volasko's gameface. When it curls he means business!

NNR: You guys shoulda came earlier, fun hanging out though. Practise for montreal?

Bob Lablaw

Smash Journeyman
Byakugan, we'll keep in touch. We'll get some more matches in one of these days. The next couple of weeks might be tight, but there should be tons of time after STYD2 (big montreal tourny). You and Stos should look up Bernard, Ryan and Charles (that's Raynex Unknown522 and I dunno who charles is, on the boards). They al live in Scarburough.

Faiiiiiya, I'll see you in Montreal if not before then.

dr.luigi

Smash Apprentice
All I can say is, wow. Much higher level of competition than I both expected and was prepared for. You're all ridiculously good, good matches all around eh. Next time perhaps I'll lay off the copious amounts of alchohol I had in my system so I can suck less. Tai, thanks for hosting that, I had a blast and learned a sh*tload of new stuff to use. And god**** Kio you are a beast with that falcon and bloody aggressive. And to NNR, even though I only played one of you, that was a window into how every match would've gone anyway. Let's get that crew vid out soon too!

Last edited:

byakugan28

Smash Apprentice
Byakugan, we'll keep in touch. We'll get some more matches in one of these days. The next couple of weeks might be tight, but there should be tons of time after STYD2 (big montreal tourny). You and Stos should look up Bernard, Ryan and Charles (that's Raynex Unknown522 and I dunno who charles is, on the boards). They al live in Scarburough.

Faiiiiiya, I'll see you in Montreal if not before then.
lol i think you should keep in touch with Stos. I rarely go on smashboards...
Stos is on most of the time...

Top Bottom