• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashers Reunion 2! 31.March - 3.April (big European tournament in Norway!)

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace

Smashers Reunion was the biggest Norwegian tournament ever!
Though, it was only announced in Norway, so only Norwegian players attended to that tourney.
However, this time Smashers Reunion will be a tournament for people all over the world!
And (with help from Kriz and darkfrog) I'll try to make SR2 to be one of the biggest European
Smash Tourneys ever!

INFO:

Where: "Skistua" in Eidsvoll Verk, Norway

Post Code: 2074 Eidsvoll Verk

Address: ØSTRE HURDALSVEI 172

How to get there: Take a flight to Oslo Airport (Gardermoen). We may pick you up there, if you tell us when you'll be there. Else ways you can take the train to Eidsvoll Verk, which is the first train station after Gardermoen, then we can pick you up there.

Entrance fee: 250NOK (~40$)
(The entrance fee includes all tournaments, and will be split up as prizes for them.)

Contact me:
MSN: Gribb_14@hotmail.com
AIM: SSBMTonberry
E-mail: ssbmtonberry@gmail.com
Mobile Phone: (+47) 481 34 661

The date is the 31.March - 3.April.

Remember to bring money for food =)

Tournament Rules:

B.Y.O.C(Bring Your Own Controller)

Advanced Slob Picks - For those who don't know, this rule is used in the most tournaments.
When a match is finished, the loser may counter pick stage. The loser must tell the winner which
stage he's going to counter pick. The winner may then change character, then the loser may change
character. So, loser picks stage, winner change character, loser change character.

Dave's Stupid Rule - This rule says that you can't counter pick the last stage you won at.

Stage Banning - This rule says that each player may ban a stage before they start a set.
This means that this stage cannot be played at all. For example: If a player ban DL64, it can neither
be chosen at random, nor be used as a counter pick.

Round Robins - All players will be divided in groups/pools. The best players from each group
will advance to the brackets. The matches in the pools will be best of 3, and every player gets one
point each round they win, so the maximum points you can get from each player is 2. You'll get further
information about the pools, later.

Double Elimination - The best players from each pool will advance to the brackets. In the
brackets all players starts in winner bracket. If they lose a set in the winner bracket, they'll get
another chance to win the tournament, in the loser bracket. If they lose in the Loser Bracket. Well,
then they have lost...

Neutral Stages(used on Random Select):
Final Destination, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64, Pokémon Stadium.

Banned Stages:
Flat Zone, Big Blue, Hyrule Temple, Great Bay, Kongo Jungle, Yoshi 64, Brinstar Depths, Fourside,
Icicle Mountain, Mushroom Kingdom I & II.

Stages Available For Counter Picking:
Princess Peach's Castle, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Corneria, Rainbow Ride, Jungle Japes,
Yoshi's Island, Green Greens, Venom, Brinstar, Onett, Mute City, Pokèmon Stadium, Pokè Floats,
Battlefield, Final Destination, Dream Land 64, Kongo Jungle 64.

NB! Mute City and Fountain of Dreams is banned in Teams, because those stages may cause lag
when four players play the stage on the same time.

NO STALLING!!! - All kinds of stalling(hiding in a way that'll make it impossible for the opponent
to attack you) are fully forbidden! If you get catched for this, you'll get disqualified!
Example: Jiggly's forward-b stalling, and stalling with Peach Bomber.

Low Tier-characters:
Link
Luigi
Donkey Kong
Roy
Young Link
Pikachu
Yoshi
Zelda
Mr. Game and Watch
Ness
Bowser
Kirby
Pichu
Mewtwo

If all the 46 people who have signed up as participants shows up, the prizes will be(16.mar):[/b

Singles
1st place. 3370 NOK, 3850 SEK, 550$, 416 Euro
2nd place. 1835 NOK, 2100 SEK, 300$, 227 Euro
3rd place. 615 NOK, 700 SEK, 100$, 76 Euro
4th place. 305 NOK, 350 SEK, 50$, 38 Euro
5th place. 75 NOK, 85 SEK, 12.50$, 9.50 Euro
5th place. 75 NOK, 85 SEK, 12.50$, 9.50 Euro

Teams
1st place. 2755 NOK, 3150 SEK, 450$, 340 Euro
2nd place. 1380 NOK, 1575 SEK, 225$, 170 Euro
3rd place. 460 NOK, 525 SEK, 75$, 57 Euro
4th place. 100 NOK, 115 SEK, 16.50$, 12.50 Euro

Low-Tier Singles
1st place. 550 NOK, 630 SEK, 90$, 68 Euro
2nd place. 275 NOK, 315 SEK, 45$, 34 Euro
3rd place. 95 NOK, 105 SEK, 15$, 11.50 Euro

Low-Tier Teams
1st place. 365 NOK, 420 SEK, 60$, 45 Euro
2nd place. 185 NOK, 210 SEK, 30$, 23 Euro
3rd place. 60 NOK, 70 SEK, 10$, 7.50 Euro

But remember, it's 28 people on the "want to, but ain't sure if they can attend"- list.
So the prizes may become much more.

People who will show up:
1. Tonberry (Organizer)
2. Kriz (Organizer)
3. King Link
4. Hansi
5. Mr.Nintendo
6. DJ Black
7. darkfrog (Organizer)
8. madlobster
9. Masamune
10. Plufball
11. Widl
12. DevilFish
13. Marte
14. Efen
15. Flikkflakk
16. Thomas
17. Luma
18. Yuna
19. Sa-x
20. Mohal
21. imperfeCt
22. Øby
23. Helios
24. NorskeLink
25. Purple ZoDz
26. Neophos
27. Aeon
28. Calle W
29. Perfect Shadow
30. Captain Jadde
31. Smash Alex
32. Svampen
33. Armada
34. Aniolas
35. Smasher89
36. BlackMoose
37. Shin
38. Ek
39. Bæra
40. Geir
41. Magnus
42. elg
43. Ogiwara
44. Akke
45. Acherontic
46. Joanna Dark
47. Xbox

People who want to, but ain't sure if they can attend:
1. Great Bob
2. Smash_nintendoGIRL
3. Zephy
4. Neasala
5. Jonnis
6. Rolfii
7. Silja
8. Jimmy
9. Kua
10. Johny Deppa
11. Ijuka
12. WMK
13. Link-guy
14. Katten
15. The_Doug
16. Di$turbeD
17. pokemonTCG-spiller
18. EplekakeMedIs
19. Tor
20. Veggen
21. Dark_Ganon
22. GothmoG
23. Friend of Ache 1
24. Friend of Ache 2
25. Chikorita
26. Zakuro
27. SephirothKen
28. Nihonjin
29. TD
30. KBF

More info will be written soon!

Vegard

Smash Lord
aight. Biggest (almost) European tournament ever :p You simply can't miss this. The skill level heres is ...pretty good, we got some top players. For instance: Masamune (5th place RoS3), Tonberry, Kriz.

Scandinavians and Europeans, show some interest for this, it's gonna be a well run tournament and it's a good way to prepare before RoS4 as well as other big tourneys in Europe later this summer.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
aight. Biggest (almost) European tournament ever :p You simply can't miss this. The skill level heres is ...pretty good, we got some top players. For instance: Masamune (5th place RoS3), Tonberry, Kriz.

Scandinavians and Europeans, show some interest for this, it's gonna be a well run tournament and it's a good way to prepare before RoS4 as well as other big tourneys in Europe later this summer.
You must not forget DJ Black!

And yeah, this tournament will be well organized and such! But we need people if the tournament shall be big...

Vegard

Smash Lord
Good shait, germans =)

The rules might change btw, if Tonberry hasn't mentioned that already.. We're discussing it on the Norwegian Smash-forum, but just post your opinions about the stages and what rules you'd like to change or something...

WIDL

We Are Born
Come on people. We know you want to come.
This is good **** you know. :)

I'm really looking forward to this, forward.. lol.

Vegard

Smash Lord
Wooot, Helios is gonna be there?

And will there still be pools if only 20 people or something show up?

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
Someone tell me, what exactly is the name of the tournament refering to?

I could imagine names such as "Smashers' Reunion", meaning the reunion of all (or at least some :p) smashers, or "Smashers Reunite!" (yes, with the "!") which would encourage us all to attend this event.

Could someone enlighten me? =)

P.S.
Yes, I'm making fun of your grammar skills. :lick:

TelpeFion

Smash Lord
I'm interested in this, the Norwegians are too cool and too good. However I'm not sure if the date suits me. I'll inform all Finnish smashers about this though, there is always some interest in foreign tournaments, especially ones in Scandinavia.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Someone tell me, what exactly is the name of the tournament refering to?

I could imagine names such as "Smashers' Reunion", meaning the reunion of all (or at least some :p) smashers, or "Smashers Reunite!" (yes, with the "!") which would encourage us all to attend this event.

Could someone enlighten me? =)

P.S.
Yes, I'm making fun of your grammar skills. :lick:
You know what, YES, I forgot the ' in "Smashers Reunion". It was meant to be "the reunion of all". Like, a meeting with lots of smashers.

I admit it, I'm not an English professor. But hey, neither Kriz nor anyone else saw the mistake, so blame them as well :p

Oh, and I should've put on the exclamation mark as well, my mistake :p

Edit: Hey, I've already done that, lawl^

Vegard

Smash Lord
TelePion: Yayz! And btw, do Finland have many Smashers?

looks like I have to change my banner again... Edit: lol guess not. How did you do that :p?

Tonberry, about the title. We didn't want to complain about an unimportant matter like that, when you were going to host a thing like this, see? :p

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
So, I have to edit the banner then? Or just leave it as noobish as it is?
Leave it as it is. It's not a big deal, and I guess most people don't care about it anyway ;)
And, the banner is pwnage, I'm proud of it ;D

Kriz

Smash Cadet
Yep, i see. Let's just pretend there is a tiny quotation mark there somewhere ;P

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
Son of a ***** >__<

I'm doing my SAT (or Högskoleprovet) on March 31st. I hope I can still catch a late train and not miss anything major =)

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Son of a ***** >__<

I'm doing my SAT (or Högskoleprovet) on March 31st. I hope I can still catch a late train and not miss anything major =)
Well, the only tournament we run on 31. March is Low Tier Teams (about 6 O'clock).
And since you hate Low Tier tournaments so much, you won't miss anything ;)

The_Doug

Smash Ace
Go ahead and add me to the "want to but ain't sure" list. Hot spot Norway and always wanted to check it out.

Erm sort of a random question too, is there any chance of seeing the Northern Lights around this time of year?

Vegard

Smash Lord
Probably not, this would need to be quite high up north.

...which brings me to ask: Where in Norway is this?!
http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/9715/sr2mapby5.jpg <-- Map made by NorwegianLink or something.

Doug, I really don't think you will experience splendid nature or anything if that's what you're seeking.. Bøn in Eidsvoll (45 minutes drive from Oslo, very close to the airport though) is a litte place with lots of fields and is close to be a peasant society :p

Top Bottom