• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashCraft: My first SSBB stage! :)

FuzzyQuills

Smash Journeyman

Hello people, I have only just gotten into stage modding, and I decided to make this stage to start off; it's a minecraft-themed one I plan to make better as the time goes on. :)

Here's some screens I captured of the actual stage in-game. :)

And here you go; the stage packed into a .zip; place this in the "pf" folder of your SD card. You will need the file patch code to play. NOTE: if you already have custom stages

LINK: https://googledrive.com/host/0B2tqYgzg1_lWNnhna2tMcGRvNnM

To play it: on the character select screen, select the hanenbow stage. This one should load instead. if it doesn't, check you have the file patch code running, and make sure the files are in the right place.

todo:
- change the projection of the characters. atm, when l load it through hanenbow, the weird "flat" projection occurs. (Looks odd on a 3D stage... :D)
- find a way to use nearest neighbour on the textures; this will improve it immensely! :) Or I could scale them up... ;) I fixed this one. Sort of... I scaled the textures up so that they would appear that way. ;)
- Better lighting; as you may have noticed, it's a bit harsh. (Looks FAR WORSE on my screen at home!) Completed! Also was able to add shadows! :)
- Add better music. as far as I know, this should work through the default code, not sure otherwise. Completed! the volume's a bit too high though... :/ Will have to fix that in future. :) Note also that the tune I put in place will be changed. :)
- Add trees and a few other minecraft elements... ;)
- NEW ISSUE: atm, this stage will ONLY work for PAL users, when directly placed on the SD card. This is due to the .rel files not being compatible with each other. if someone could PM me both the NTSC st_final.rel and NTSC st_plankton.rel for me (I'm in Australia, and can't rip them myself, since I have a PAL disc... :() that would be great. (A download link to an NTSC version of these .rels will do too)

For now, the workaround for NTSC users is to do these steps:
  1. rename STGPLANKTON.PAC in the /pf/stage/melee folder to STGFINAL.PAC
  2. REMOVE THE MODULE FOLDER!!! This is what is broken on NTSC atm.
  3. With this method, select final destination instead of hanenbow to play. note that custom music won't load through here... :(
Let me know what you think about this stage. constructive criticism is welcome. :)

Last edited:

FuzzyQuills

Smash Journeyman
Changelog:
NOTE: For those who accessed the download before this post, you may have found that simply dragging and dropping onto your SD didn't work. This was because I accidentally gave one of the folders the wrong name, meaning that Hanenbow would have tried to load missing model data! The latest .ZIP has that fixed now.

VISUALS:
  • Textures scaled up with nearest neighbour filter (in photoshop): now the textures won't be blurry!
  • Added a music track. The looping could be better... :D
  • Added shadows! :)
  • Lighting fixed, and made more like the rendered shot above. (The banner image) Still a tad too orange... :D
  • Sky texture fixed. ;) (Wasn't noticeable to the average human anyway, but now it's a bit... more blue)
COMING SOON:
  • Lightmapping... :) (Will improve lighting!)
  • Fix for the flat projection on characters. (remnant left over from the hanenbow stage)

Top Bottom