• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashcon: Summer Edition - SSBB/SSBM/SSB64/P:M and more! June 21, 2014 Baton Rouge, LA

Bomber7

Smash Hero

Smashcon: Summer Edition
(Summercon)
June 21st, 2014

Venue
Lazertag of Baton Rouge
5871 S Sherwood Forest Blvd, Baton Rouge, LA 70816

It's that time of year again. Louisiana is hosting it's biggest, baddest, most hype tournament of the year; Summercon! As always, we have a wide array of games for you all to enjoy ranging from Smash, to Street Fighter, to Pokemon. Every year we are getting bigger and bigger, attracting newer and stronger players. If you are looking for an intense competition full of hype, Summercon is the place you want to be.

Venue Fee packages:
Type A - $5
Type B - $5

These Passes Cover Venue only

Explanation of Packages:

Type A- All purpose

Type B- Designated for the Handheld players only.

Each package will come with a different pass that way the TOs will be able to tell if your allowed in the event. DO NOT LOSE YOUR PASS otherwise we won't be able to help you. You'll get your identifying Passes at the Door even if you buy your passes online.

Tourney Fees:

Major Events Fee- $10

Doubles- $5 Each Player

Minor Events Fee- $5

Minor/Major event Explanation:

Major Events

SSB Brawl
SSB Melee
SSB N64
Project M
UMVC3
Street Fighter 4
BlazBlue ChronoPhantasma
Killer instinct
King of Fighters 13

Minor Events

Mystery Game

Food
Pizza

1 Slice-$2
2 Slices-$3
Soda-$1

Pizza will be served at Lunch Break.

One Free choice of Drink or pizza for every Setup!***
***If you bring a set-up, inform the person collecting the venue fee. Show them your set-up, because we are not taking your word for it. Make sure they record your name so we can provide you with your free slice of pizza. If you fail to inform us you brought a set-up, we can't help you.***

Cash
Remember to bring around 100 dollars in cash. Be prepared to buy nice, custom made, one-of-a-kind novelty items you won't find anywhere else (Hats, key chains, posters, ETC) Anything higher than $10, lower than $1, will not be accepted as payment. Exact change is also highly appreciated.

Attendance

If you are going to be no more than 10 minutes late, please contact the TO who's tournament you are entering. Shoot them a text, or better yet call them because they will most likely be running round taking care of things. They will add you to the tournament you request to enter in. Make sure you have your money ready. If the first game of the tournament has started and you call, it's too late to enter. So if you think you are going to be late, call.

Tournament Priority

As you can see, this event is on a tight schedule. If you are cross-entered in a tournament (entered in multiple tournaments) and you have a more than one match to play at once, the tournament with the higher entry fee takes priority.

Brawl > 64/Melee/P:M > SSF4/UmVC3

For example, If you are waiting to play a tournament match for Melee but you get called for a tournament match in Brawl, you must leave the Melee station and come play your Brawl match.

However, if a tournament match is already going on in any game, you will not be required to leave until said match is complete. You must report to your next match immediately afterwards.

Tournament matches have priority over any money match.

Pools

Pools will be run to determine proper seeding for all events throughout the day. (time permitting)

Schedule
10:00 - Venue opens for players

11:00 - Brawl Doubles

12:00 - Brawl Singles/ 64 Doubles

1:00 - Lunch

2:00 - Pokemon / Mystery Game

3:00 - Melee Doubles / UMvC3

4:00 - Melee Singles / Street Fighter 4

5:00 / Blazblue ChronoPhantasma/ Pokemon

6:00 - N64 Singles / Killer Instinct

7:00 - PM Doubles / KoF 13

8:00 - PM Singles / Mystery Game

9:00

10:00

11:00

12:00

Payouts

Brawl

1st - 55% + 25% of pot money
2nd - 25%
3rd - 15%
4th - 5%

Brawl Rule set

-Normal Match: best 2/3 games; Grande Finals: best 3/5 sets of best 2/3 games*

*If there is a time constraint, we will cut the sets down to best 2/3.

-3 stocks, 8 minutes time limit

-Metaknight is legal

-Items turned off

-Team attack on

-Double Metaknight is banned for doubles

-In the event of a tie in stock, the person with the higher percent loses

Stage list:

Neutral- Final Destination, Battlefield, Smashville, Yoshi's Island (Brawl), Pokemon Stadium 1

Counterpick- Castle Siege, Lylat Cruise, Battleship Halberd, Delfino Plaza, Frigate Orpheon

Melee

1st - 60% + 25% of pot money
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

Melee Rule set

Melee ruleset is the standard 4 stocks, team attack on, 8 minute time limit with the following stages:

Singles
Neutrals - Final Destination, Battlefield, Dreamland 64, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams
Counterpick - Pokemon Stadium

Doubles
Final Destination, Battlefield, Dreamland 64, Yoshi's Story, Pokemon Stadium

Wobbling is legal but anyone caught wobbling will be ridiculed and harassed for being a weenie.

N64

2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

N64 Rule set

-5 stock
-No Items
-Best 2 of 3
-Double Elimination
-Grand Finals will be decided by a best 3 of 5 matches and if the winner of the loser bracket wins a final set best 2 of 3.

Starter Stage: Hyrule
Neutrals: Dreamland, Hyrule, Congo

-Winner may Ban one stage
-Loser Picks
-All Stages are unbanned after each match
-12 min limit on GF matches

Project M

2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

P:M Ruleset

4 stocks, 8 minutes
Items off
Neutral: Page 1, bottom row
Counterpick: Page 1, center row

Pokemon X & Y

1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

Pokemon X & Y Rule set

Rules for pokemon X/Y pokebank OU battles are as follows: OverUsed

Play Restrictions (XY and PokéBank OU)

Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize, in addition to the abilities Sand Veil and Snow Cloak, are not permitted in play
Moody Clause: Pokémon with the ability Moody are not permitted.
OHKO Clause: A Pokemon may not have the moves Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold in its moveset.
Sleep Clause: Only one Pokémon may be put to sleep on the opposing team at a time, if not induced by a move such as Rest.
Species Clause: Players cannot have two Pokémon with the same Pokédex number on the same team.
Pokémon may be up to level 100.

Banned Pokémon in XY OU:

Mewtwo
Xerneas
Yveltal

Banned Items in Pokemon X/Y:
Gengarite

Banned Pokémon in PokéBank OU

Arceus
Blaziken
Darkrai
Deoxys
Deoxys-A
Dialga
Giratina
Giratina-O
Groudon
Ho-Oh
Kyogre
Kyurem-W
Lugia
Mewtwo
Palkia
Rayquaza
Reshiram
Shaymin-S
Xerneas
Yvletal
Zekrom

If enough people request it we could run VGC doubles/ other tiers. If you are interested in doing so please post and let me know.

Also keep in mind there is no Item Clause there was some confusion last time and I want to make it clear that you may have more than one item on the same team!

I will also update this if any of the three new legondaries come out and/or another mega gets banned.

Thank You and Happy Training!

UMVC3

1st - 70%
2nd - 20%
3rd - 10%

TTT3

1st - 70%
2nd - 20%
3rd - 10%

usf4

1st - 70%
2nd - 20%
3rd - 10%

TOs Confirmed
UMVC/MK9/usf4 - Jarious/Stefon

Brawl - Jnig

Melee - Fancy

Project M - Fancy

N64 - Fancy + Jwulf

Pokemon X & Y - Mikey

Assist TOs:
Zylo - Melee
Atticus - where needed
Bomber - where needed

Smashcon Media - Check us out!
Our Website
http://www.smash-con.com

Schedule of future Events in LA(Follows next 5 months)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=330574

Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/thesmashcon

Stream
http://www.twitch.tv/smashcon

Last edited:

Bomber7

Smash Hero
***Any changes I make to the above post will be documented here.***

5/23 - Pot Bonus amounts changed: All Smash games will get $50 pot bonus. Singles only.
5/24- Venue fee reduced from $10 to $5; Pot changed from $50 per Smash game to 25%
6/7 - removed disclaimer and replaced Laser Tag picture with better one
6/19 - schedule revised (Brawl dubs/singles/64doubles pushed back an hour)

Last edited:

'V'

Smash Lord
I already have plans for this day and I'll be out of town for most of it, but depending on when I get back and how late things have been moving along I may be able to attend P:M Singles and the Mystery Game. If not, I can catch the end of the tourney and stop to say hi or something. lol

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I see mk9 mentions, but not on the list. Is it there or not?
That was a typo. I missed that on the priority explanation. What you see on the schedule is official.

Edit: @ Magi_ Magi_ We are trying something new with our scheduling this year. We've recieved many complaints over the years about bracket hold-ups because too many people will enter too many smash events at the same time. We are hoping by spreading each major smash games a few hours apart, it will help minimize the chances of brackets being held up. Sorry if this will be an inconvenience.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

the $100 bonus for brawl should be switched to $50 for brawl and $50 for P:M
last season, melee/brawl/pm all had very close number of entrants. it seems unfair to give more money to a dieing game and less money to a game that is exploding. i can almost guarantee that pm will be bigger than melee and brawl this season. or if you want to keep brawl at 100 (i have no idea why though), you should move the $50 bonus from n64 to PM. n64 historically gets way fewer entrants than the other smash games. seems silly to have a pot bonus for a game that will get less than 20 entrants and not do so for a game that will get more than 40.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roboturner

Smash Journeyman
last season, melee/brawl/pm all had very close number of entrants. it seems unfair to give more money to a dieing game and less money to a game that is exploding. i can almost guarantee that pm will be bigger than melee and brawl this season. or if you want to keep brawl at 100 (i had no idea why though), you should move the $50 bonus from n64 to PM. n64 historically gets way fewer entrants than the other smash games. seems silly to have a put bonus for a game that will get less than 20 entrants and not do so for a game that will get more than 40.
^ this 100%

maybe it's to try and entice more ppl to enter brawl? the pot bonuses should definitely go to the bigger games, which will more than likely be PM

Bomber7

Smash Hero
last season, melee/brawl/pm all had very close number of entrants. it seems unfair to give more money to a dieing game and less money to a game that is exploding. i can almost guarantee that pm will be bigger than melee and brawl this season. or if you want to keep brawl at 100 (i have no idea why though), you should move the $50 bonus from n64 to PM. n64 historically gets way fewer entrants than the other smash games. seems silly to have a pot bonus for a game that will get less than 20 entrants and not do so for a game that will get more than 40.
I will ask Erick what he wants to do. I'm pretty sure he'll want ot split the pot bonuses based on who has the most entrants. I'll get back to you on that. There's still a few detail I know need to be changed and added, pot bonuses, I know I wanted to confirm with him.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Erick got back with me. This Summercon, we will be having $50 pot bonus for all Smash games, singles only.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
LOL at the very beginning of the OP being a disclaimer
I REALLY want first in Brawl
Well, I hate to have to tell you this, but I'm gonna be there. ;)

Also, do we really not have any other Smash TO's confirmed other than me? That's something yall need to take care of ASAP, especially now that we're less than a month away.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Update:
1) Reduced venue fee from $10 to $5 due to high demand
2) Instead of having $50 as pot bonus for each Smash game, we are changing it to 25% of available pot money.*
*$5 venue fee - $3 to pay for venue = $2 to use towards pot money

Please remember to bring set-ups and if you'd like to volunteer to help us TO, contact me and we'll hook you up.

Samsora

Smash Apprentice
LOL at the very beginning of the OP being a disclaimer

Well, I hate to have to tell you this, but I'm gonna be there. ;)

Also, do we really not have any other Smash TO's confirmed other than me? That's something yall need to take care of ASAP, especially now that we're less than a month away.
Denti will take care off you and I'll have gimps ready for you and denti

Last edited:

Yams Everywhere

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1934-0304
I like the idea of having a pokemon side event. I haven't played in a while, so I have to get ready and make a super OP team. Oh and are Mega kangaskhan, Mega lucario, and genesect banned? And will our pokemon be automatically set to level 50 or will I have to train them to level 100.

Last edited:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
**** man I we could but I'm saving myself for marriage @ RuslinJimmies RuslinJimmies
He's who I usually team with so I can't just drop him and leave him hangin'
Unless Denti is coming and happens to be looking for a partner in which case I feel like he'd be down to do double ivy with him

Also my chances of placing top 3 in PM at this one are extraordinarily high. Since we'll be down for the shrimp two days earlier, that's two full days I'll have to warm up and get into the pace of playing against people, a luxury I am never afforded just before tournaments- prepare your ani.

Last edited:

RuslinJimmies

Smash Journeyman
^Straight up trying to snatch Oracle, who is trying to snatch my teammate, who wants to be snatched only if I am able to snatch Denti. Snatch-ception

Gいたん

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GlitchG
3DS FC
3797-5929-4063
"Type A- All purpose for the whole weekend"
This is a two day event, and if so are the tournaments all in one day?

Bomber7

Smash Hero
"Type A- All purpose for the whole weekend"
This is a two day event, and if so are the tournaments all in one day?
Thanks for pointing that out. I copy-pasted from the last thread to save time. I thought I had fixed all the details, my bad.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Ah, no problem. Was just wondering, thanks for getting back to me.
No, thank you. It makes me happy that someone has made it clear they actually read the thread instead of just ignoring all the fine details. One less person to worry about. :)

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Would we have the time to organize a free Draft Crew Battles side event?
Knowing the history of Smashcon and how long it takes to complete each smash game, no. If people wanted crews, then it would come at the price of hosting a doubles tournament for each game. However, this close to the event, I'm not changing that or adding any events. Though after summercon is said and done, that would bea good topic to discuss to see if people wanted to trade doubles for crew battles at tournaments like Smashcon.

Top Bottom