• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashCon Presents: TASOL 2012 [Road to WHobo] ($200 pot bonuses)

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Aw why are we banning mk at our first really big tourny. Don't we want as many people to come as possible /:

:phone:
Yes, we want as many people to come as possible, but we also don't want to attract a large crowd and have another tournament that is dominated by metaknights. With metakight being banned, we are giving more people a shot for a top placing. No matter if we would have banned MK or made him legal, there would still be a group of people who would have not attended based on MK's legality for this tournament. I stand by my decision to keep MK banned.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I'll show if I'm not out of the country the previous weekend. Unsure how many I'll bring with me, but I'll pack a couple set-ups.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Melee ruleset is the standard 4 stocks, team attack on, 8 minute time limit with the following stages:

Singles
Neutrals - Final Destination, Battlefield, Dreamland 64, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams
Counterpick - Pokemon Stadium

Doubles
Final Destination, Battlefield, Dreamland 64, Yoshi's Story, Pokemon Stadium

Oh and wobbling is legal but anyone caught wobbling will be ridiculed and harassed for being a weenie.

First will be pools, then a double elimination bracket. Matches will be best of 3, except for finals and semi-finals which will be best of 5. Any obscure rules can be found here: MBR Recommended Ruleset.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Interesting, it's on a Sunday, not a Saturday. Hmm... it's literally the day after one of our tournaments, however, I have to go to Auburn for the Smiths Station tournament, and Auburn is a hell of a lot closer than Huntsville to New Orleans. I'm going to talk to AL about being bosses and having a smash road trip (i.e.- going to SSS then turning around and going to TASOL 2012). It's not for the faint of heart.
That would be beautiful.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Cam was mistaken; SSS2 is on July 7, so it would be easy to make it to this for us.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I play all of the games. Even Mario Kart.

I kinda play Marvel, but I have this issue where the only good characters I like (my favorite character is ****ing Arthur) are Doom and Morrigan (which is more than solid, but my team is still missing a pillar) and I'd rather dump the time into games I enjoy more.

Curlz

Smash Lord
I've noticed a lot of backlash from Louisiana because of the MK Ban. Erick & I had a long discussion about if we should lift the ban, but unfortunately we will he sticking to our decision and keep this event Meta Knight Banned. However, we have also come to an agreement to put in effect what we call the Meta Knight Agreement Rule.

The Meta Knight Agreement Rule is basically used how the stages agreement rule is. If both players in a match agree that Meta Knight can be used, he will be legal for the entirety of the set. The agreement should take place before the set and both players should let an official know that the rule is in effect.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
reflex you going to whobo man?
Was planning on it, but, plane ticket prices shot up. I won't be able to afford it unless some other players decide they want to make a huuuuuuuuge drive down there.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I've noticed a lot of backlash from Louisiana because of the MK Ban. Erick & I had a long discussion about if we should lift the ban, but unfortunately we will he sticking to our decision and keep this event Meta Knight Banned. However, we have also come to an agreement to put in effect what we call the Meta Knight Agreement Rule.

The Meta Knight Agreement Rule is basically used how the stages agreement rule is. If both players in a match agree that Meta Knight can be used, he will be legal for the entirety of the set. The agreement should take place before the set and both players should let an official know that the rule is in effect.

There's nothing unfortunate that we at Smashcon are standing by our decision to ban Metaknight for our tournament. The backlash hasn't been that extreme as it may have sounded out to be, we only had a few people question why and maybe one or two complain.

As far as the Metaknight agreement rule goes, I'm actually quite interested to see how well this works. We did that at the last Slidell monthly. Even though it was really MK banned, I struck a deal with Lee and Roni and told them if they made it to the grande finals, they could have their MK matches because by then, it wouldn't have mattered. Then Lee and another friend of mine asked me that if they both agreed if I would allow it, so I let them. It would be nice if the MK agreement thing would catch on, assuming it would produce positive results.

Sudai

Stuff here
The 'MK agreement' wouldn't bring in extra attendance, fyi. People that don't go because MK is banned aren't suddenly going to go because there's a slight possibility they'll get to use MK. Not saying get rid of it, but don't expect it to up numbers.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
It's still convenient for people to know, though I think it would be better to just extend the rule involving using banned stages or counterpick stages on Game 1, etc. Same thing, really.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
The 'MK agreement' wouldn't bring in extra attendance, fyi. People that don't go because MK is banned aren't suddenly going to go because there's a slight possibility they'll get to use MK. Not saying get rid of it, but don't expect it to up numbers.
Nonetheless, Metaknight is banned. We should be hyping this tournament instead of discussing Metaknight's legality. There are more appropriate places to discuss that subject anyway.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
P.I.E, you should look and see if there is a carpool nearby coming to our state for this tournament and join it. The more the merrier. :)

Sync.

Smash Champion
Okay, I'm now confirmed for this tournament. I'm going to need housing for Friday night to Monday afternoon. Can anyone house me?

Edit: Jnig are you open for teams? I'd love to team with you!

Bomber7

Smash Hero
You want one, I can provide, I believe. I've been looking to step up our livestreams in AL and I'll take all the publicity I can get.
Let me know if it's definite you can because we've sent offers to other stream teams. If you really can and will do streaming for us then we will greatly appreciate it.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I'll do it, it's not hard. My capture card's busted, so I would probably have to borrow Reflex's seeing as he's going. I can set-up and run one, I have all the other required technology.

If you get a better offer, take it, but I'll be here as your back-up.

Top Bottom