• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards's Most Wanted DLC Newcomer Day 11: Chorus Kids vs. Gardevoir

Who do you WANT more?

• Chorus Kids (Rhythm Heaven)

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • Gardevoir (Pokémon)

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheSmasher916

Smash Journeyman
Eh, we already have 6 Pokémon characters, one of which is Psychic. If there is any other Pokemon added I feel like it should either be a 3rd gen starter like Sceptile or the return of Pichu. My vote is for the Chorus Kids.

Kraton9000

Smash Cadet
I agree with the previous poster in that we already have an adequate amount of Pokemon. But moreso than that, I think that the Chorus Kids could bring a really interesting mechanic to the Smash series. We've already seen how effective 2 playable characters at once are with the like of Rosaluma and the Ice Climbers; so, imagine the possible meta that could arise out of 3 playable characters at once. I think that the C Kids could also incorporate an interesting rhythm-based moveset, inspired by their core game.

Plus, it would awesome to see more accurate Gematsu.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
I chose Chorus Kids. While I've never played any of the Rhythm Heaven games, seeing them in leaks, along with proposed movesets makes me want to see these guys as potential DLC or as newcomers for Sma5h.

Reminder that you can never have too many pokemon especially when the series is ridiculously huge

Plus a character should be more important than repping anyway

My vote goes to gardevoir, the evolved form of the first pokemon i ever caught with a pokeball

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I feel like the Chorus Kids could offer a cool Rhythm based fighting style.
Think Link and Toon Link's Smash Attack, but with a whole lot of moves and specials that utilize that mechanic with somewhat stricter timing.

I'm kinda dumbfounded that the Rhythm Heaven franchise didn't end up getting a stage. It didn't need a character to have one imo.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Voted for Chorus Kids. I like Gardevoir but I'm not really into her hype.

Whereas Chorus Kids are more interesting and add a new franchise to the roster. (which in my opinion is way more important than adding an arguably unimportant Pokemon to an already large list of Pokemon fighters)

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Aaaaah! Aaaaah! Aaaaah! Together now. Aaaaaaaaaaah!

I'd rather take the best Rhythm Heaven characters over the likes of furry bait like Gardevoir (Inb4 someone use the Space Animals as an argument). Rhythm Heaven needs all the love it can get and having these guys with a rhythm based moveset is enough for me.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Voted Gardevoir. I fully expect a curb-stomp, but I'm kind of surprised that she was even chosen.

Not too fond of Chorus Kids or Rhythm Heaven. :ohwell:

:231:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Meowth is really the best Pokeball to Playable Pokemon, but he's not in the bracket.

Also prefer Alakazam to Gardevoir, but I guess I'll toss her a pity vote to my second favourite psychic line since whilst I'd like Rhythm Heaven representation, this can be achieved via a stage better than a playable IMO.

Also Gardevoir is genuinely more a popular character with people.

Top Bottom