1. Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 140,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 14 million posted discussions!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2. The official Nintendo White Controller is on sale for under $33 right now! Get it before the price increases! Also, get the special Wii U - Smash Gamecube controller here!

3. Trying to find the perfect gift? Use the Smashboards Store to get awesome Smash accessories, like a Nintendo Controller! Please check out the inventory in our store and support Smashboards with your purchase today!

Smashboards Section Approaching! Media!

Discussion in 'News' started by Warchamp7, Aug 9, 2014.

• Posted by Warchamp7, Aug 9, 2014 at 11:07 PM
  • Warchamp7

Warchamp7 Blame Me When The Place Is On Fire

• Administrator
    • Premium
    • Project M Dev Team
    NNID:
    Warchamp7
    Hey Smashers! Today we're proud to announce another addition to Smashboards, the Media section! You'll now be able to find and filter all of your favourite Smash VODs from right on Smashboards itself!

[​IMG]
    The media index greets you with popular playlists and the most recent videos

For the initial launch of the system, we've added over three and a half thousand videos from VGBootCamp, ClashTournaments and 8WayRun, and tagged the characters used in every single one of them.

Everything in the system is organized into categories, the vast majority of course being Tournament Matches. Sort through thousands of videos across years of Smash, filtering by game, match format (Singles or Doubles) and the characters that appear in the set. In the near future, you'll also be able to filter for the players in a match, with some videos already being tagged.

[​IMG]
    Search for characters and players, or expand the options to search by game and match format

Other categories include Exhibitions, which includes exhibitions and money matches, Compilations for things like combo videos and highlight reels, Crew Battles, Friendlies and of course, individual Highlights, like this:

WOMBO COMBO!!!!
    Easily embed videos from the media section!

A very very special thanks goes out to @PillsBuryDopeBoy who took care of tagging over 5200 characters in the system, beating out my own efforts of 3200! This wouldn't be ready today without his incredible efforts. I'd also like to thank @Jaxel of 8WayRun, who is the developer behind the Media add-on for XenForo (As well as the Rankings system!)

Going forward, the Media team will be working to keep the section up to date, as well as getting players tagged in all current and future videos. If you're interested in helping with the Media section, please get in touch with me!

Do you run a Smash channel and want to get your videos in the system? Just as above, please send a message to me and I'll get you the access you need and your past videos in the system.

Got feedback on the Media section? Send me a PM or bug me on Twitter @Warchamp7

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Warchamp7, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Shin F.
    5200 characters? Holy crap, Pills, awesome job! Looks like this'll be an excellent new feature! Now I see why you were so busy all the time, lol.
    THE_MAAFIA, JB IV, Tepig2000 and 14 others like this.
  2. EdgeTheLucas
    Shoutouts to my buddy Pills who helped get this to become a reality!
  3. Hokori
    YES! YESSSSSSSSSSS!

[​IMG]

Oh joyous day (night)! Thank you Based Warchamp7!

S/o to Pills as well. #ThatDedication #DoYouEvenSleep
  4. Zoma
    I think this will be a great addition to the site. Between this and the recent update to tournament results, Smashboards is set to become an awesome database for Smash throughout the ages.

Good job to everyone involved!
  5. Saito
    -
    kek.png

It's always good to have a man on the inside.
    JB IV, Tepig2000, Gladiator and 13 others like this.
  6. SmashRiver64
    I find this useful to everyone but me.
    My CPU has no sound chip, therefore no matter what I do there's no way I can use this awesome feature.
    I'm sad now. :119:
    Slatanata, GunBlaze and WIZRD.Pro like this.
  7. arcticfox8
    So this is what Pills was talkin' bout
    gj
  8. SS-bros14
    Sweet, looks nice!
  9. KayB
    How did Pills get involved with this? Amazing job Pills.
    GunBlaze, JaiCho and PillsBuryDopeBoy like this.
  10. PillsBuryDopeBoy
    No problem man, tagging was pretty fun for the most part (Although the ones with 100+ videos were utter hell). This is a great addition for the boards so I'm happy I got to help. Long live Smashboards! [​IMG]
  11. Soup in a Cup
    [​IMG]
    Everything I ever wanted on this site is a thing!
  12. LIQUIDFGC
    I NEED TO GET A WAY TO RECORD 3DS NOW SO MY CHANNEL CAN REVIVE :D
  13. JesseMcCloud
  14. Takehiko
    You just keep getting better and better ^_^
  15. JesseMcCloud
    Just because you complimented me...
    "And @Takehiko be all like
  16. Jaxas
    Dang, this is awesome! Nice work you guys!
  17. KenboCalrissian
    Wow, great work! I was not expecting this.
  18. Lox!
    This is one sweet addition. Imagine having all of the classic fights seen in the Smash Documentary on here, you could see all the fights in the video, and fully! It'll be easy to compare the skill from back then and now.
  19. KayB
    @The Derrit I made a request about making a post about the upcoming Project M Tournament Low Tier City 2. Not accusing anyone, I just wanted to know why that wasn't announced.
  20. ANinyMouse
    JesseMcCloud likes this.
  21. Hero of the Winds
    This. Is. Amazing. THANK YOU PILL! I give it a 6/6.
  22. YoPoYo9100
    Great, this is a really cool feature to have right here on this site.
    So much convenience.

Thanks to everyone involved.
  23. RPGatWill
    Okay now this is awesome. I've been hoping to track down some smash videos to watch, and though right now I'm sort of holding out to focus on 3DS smash, once that comes out when I'm not playing it myself I'll want to watch other people do much better than me >_<
  24. MonK4
    Excuse me while I clean up the mess I made upon hearing this news.
  25. Lox!
    Will there be a section for tutorials? That would be a very useful thing to see on Smashboards, especially since I'd love to add tutorials on here.

Edit: Sorry for the double post, but I had to ask this.
    Jaxas likes this.
  26. Vanguard
    I want this cross referenced with the brackets and rankings. I should be able to look at a bracket, click on a match, and be taken to the video of that set. I should be able to click on a players smashboards account and be able to see the videos they're tagged in.
    Ndayday likes this.
  27. The Derrit
    It's a week away still. Chill.
    Empyrean likes this.
  28. coopreme
    We should really look into archiving these for the inevitable day when they are taken down due to music copyright violations.... :confused:
  29. Urz
    Have you seen http://vods.co/melee-guides?
    Lox! likes this.
  30. Lox!
    I have seen this website, it would be great though if there was a sort of similar thing on Smashboards itself.
  31. Aguki90
    Well this great now every video is gonna be about epic matches.

Now I can watch and learn about these fights.

This is a great add.
  32. JesseMcCloud
    How did I miss that...?
  33. Twinkie
    didn't we already have this?

*yawn*
  34. Jaxel
  35. Estwood
    That's pretty cool, really helps the site imo