• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Section Approaching! Media!

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Hey Smashers! Today we're proud to announce another addition to Smashboards, the Media section! You'll now be able to find and filter all of your favourite Smash VODs from right on Smashboards itself!

The media index greets you with popular playlists and the most recent videos

For the initial launch of the system, we've added over three and a half thousand videos from VGBootCamp, ClashTournaments and 8WayRun, and tagged the characters used in every single one of them.

Everything in the system is organized into categories, the vast majority of course being Tournament Matches. Sort through thousands of videos across years of Smash, filtering by game, match format (Singles or Doubles) and the characters that appear in the set. In the near future, you'll also be able to filter for the players in a match, with some videos already being tagged.

Search for characters and players, or expand the options to search by game and match format

Other categories include Exhibitions, which includes exhibitions and money matches, Compilations for things like combo videos and highlight reels, Crew Battles, Friendlies and of course, individual Highlights, like this:

[medio]3773[/medio]
Easily embed videos from the media section!

A very very special thanks goes out to @ PillsBuryDopeBoy PillsBuryDopeBoy who took care of tagging over 5200 characters in the system, beating out my own efforts of 3200! This wouldn't be ready today without his incredible efforts. I'd also like to thank @ Jaxel Jaxel of 8WayRun, who is the developer behind the Media add-on for XenForo (As well as the Rankings system!)

Going forward, the Media team will be working to keep the section up to date, as well as getting players tagged in all current and future videos. If you're interested in helping with the Media section, please get in touch with me!

Do you run a Smash channel and want to get your videos in the system? Just as above, please send a message to me and I'll get you the access you need and your past videos in the system.

Got feedback on the Media section? Send me a PM or bug me on Twitter @ Warchamp7 Warchamp7

Shin F.

Smash Master
5200 characters? Holy crap, Pills, awesome job! Looks like this'll be an excellent new feature! Now I see why you were so busy all the time, lol.

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
YES! YESSSSSSSSSSS!

Oh joyous day (night)! Thank you Based Warchamp7!

S/o to Pills as well. #ThatDedication #DoYouEvenSleep

Last edited:

Zoma

Smash Journeyman
I think this will be a great addition to the site. Between this and the recent update to tournament results, Smashboards is set to become an awesome database for Smash throughout the ages.

Good job to everyone involved!

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I find this useful to everyone but me.
My CPU has no sound chip, therefore no matter what I do there's no way I can use this awesome feature.
I'm sad now. :119:

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
No problem man, tagging was pretty fun for the most part (Although the ones with 100+ videos were utter hell). This is a great addition for the boards so I'm happy I got to help. Long live Smashboards!

Last edited:

Sen. Sawft

Professional Laundry Folder
NNID
Sawft
3DS FC
4940-6793-4197

Everything I ever wanted on this site is a thing!

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
This is freaking amazing.
Wonderful 101 I Approve GIF.gif
Other sites be like:
TF2 Twerking GIF.gif
and we be like
Crash Dance GIF.gif

Last edited:

proxibomb

Smash Clown
This is one sweet addition. Imagine having all of the classic fights seen in the Smash Documentary on here, you could see all the fights in the video, and fully! It'll be easy to compare the skill from back then and now.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
@ The Derrit The Derrit I made a request about making a post about the upcoming Project M Tournament Low Tier City 2. Not accusing anyone, I just wanted to know why that wasn't announced.

YoPoYo9100

Smash Apprentice
Great, this is a really cool feature to have right here on this site.
So much convenience.

Thanks to everyone involved.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
Okay now this is awesome. I've been hoping to track down some smash videos to watch, and though right now I'm sort of holding out to focus on 3DS smash, once that comes out when I'm not playing it myself I'll want to watch other people do much better than me >_<

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Excuse me while I clean up the mess I made upon hearing this news.

proxibomb

Smash Clown
Will there be a section for tutorials? That would be a very useful thing to see on Smashboards, especially since I'd love to add tutorials on here.

Edit: Sorry for the double post, but I had to ask this.

Last edited:

Vanguard

Smash Cadet
I want this cross referenced with the brackets and rankings. I should be able to look at a bracket, click on a match, and be taken to the video of that set. I should be able to click on a players smashboards account and be able to see the videos they're tagged in.

coopreme

Smash Cadet
We should really look into archiving these for the inevitable day when they are taken down due to music copyright violations.... :confused:

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Well this great now every video is gonna be about epic matches.

Now I can watch and learn about these fights.

This is a great add.

Top Bottom