• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Roster Evolution (11-1, break)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kylexv

Smash Master
Roster Evolution 2 Round 2.png

Bowser Rules the competition!
Mewtwo Strikes Back!
Mr. Game and Watch Clicks in!
Villager comes to town!

I bet those who didn't add Yoshi last round regret doing that. And also I bet YoshiandToad regrets not adding Fox.

Honerable Mentions: Ness (He couldn't of been added anyway), Olimar, and Shulk.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I bet those who didn't add Yoshi last round regret doing that. And also I bet YoshiandToad regrets not adding Fox.
A lil' bit.

Still, at least I got Luigi in there. That's...err...something, right?

NEWCOMERS:
  • Marth. Pretty boy Marth is of course Mr. Fire Emblem, so he had to be included here.
  • Wario. Repping his own series as per usual.
  • Isaac. Since Ness was unavailable I decided to focus on the other big RPG that stars a psychic boy...erm...not Xenoblade. The other other one.
  • Pit. A lot of people had him already, but since I'm running low of notable IPs, I figured Kid Icarus would be fine. Plus since Fox was unavailable his rail shooter was the closest thing I could find.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
I don't have access to my computer right now so could someone please be kind enough to make the roster for me?
Here's the characters I want in this layout:
Mario, Bowser, DK, Wario, Mr. GW, Pit
Link, Samus, Marth, Kirby, Fox, C. Falcon
Pikachu, Villager, Olimar, Shulk​
Hopefully this will be the only time I have to do this, but I just can't get it ready before the deadline. Sorry, and thanks in advance!
Nevermind!

Additions: Bowser, Marth, Pit, and Shulk.
Edit:

I decided not to have two characters representing one series. So, instead of Bowser I decided to add the second greatest Nintendo villain! Not Ganondorf, not Ridley...Duck Hunt Dog! My roster looked kind of boring so I decided to add someone unique, and who doesn't hate love Duck Hunt Dog?

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Added
newcomers pit, little mac, Lucas, balloon fighter
Wanted Alice, but her Icon is too obscure for most, and this game is more about image than anything else

NOTE, in case it matters:
Pikachu and Zero Suit are controlled fighters, The others are summons. Trainer fights mostly with pokeball's to capture and with Pikachu for smash attacks, out at all times. The kanto starters are just there for summons. I grouped them with the Pikmin to showcase this moreso.

Will work on posting some other users' rosters shortly

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I can do the other ones

@ Golden Icarus Golden Icarus
edit: damnit! you got me.

Here is my roster, I edited mine because ultimately, I do not want to win if I do not use my own ideas- but it is important I visually show off those ideas correctly, and at this point having the starter pokemon on the screen just confuses people who wouldn't read my post, which in itself may not explain the technique clearly anyway.

So here we go.

Last edited:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
(couple of hours late due to an small project, that's alright? right?....right? )
and back, since its only round two nothing really interesting would probably happen, vote once for the person you want to eliminate and preferably explain why.
oh and @LumaOkami asked me to make her rosters for an round or two,
and this elimination period will last a day longer since I will be unavailable for Tuesday because of traveling
that's all, see ya Wednesday
[collapse=players]
@ SunnyDust SunnyDust
@ The Light Music Club The Light Music Club
@ SmasherMaster SmasherMaster
@ TheZombiePig TheZombiePig
@ Angelglory Angelglory
@ pupNapoleon pupNapoleon
@ Tepig2000 Tepig2000
@ The_Sheik The_Sheik
@ kylexv kylexv
@ TORNADO BUS DRIVER TORNADO BUS DRIVER
@ a smart guy a smart guy

@ YoshiandToad YoshiandToad
@LumaOkami
@ Mr_Anderson Mr_Anderson
@domokl
@ B BlueDrago
@ Bedoop Bedoop
@ Yams Yams
@KingShadow
[/collapse]
[collapse=rosters]
The Light Music Club -

SunnyDust -

Mr_Anderson -

SmashRiver64 -

Yams -

TheZombiePig -

domokl -

Angelglory -

BlueDrago -

TORNADO BUS DRIVER -

SmasherMaster -

Tepig2000 -

The_Sheik -

kylexv -

YoshiandToad -

Golden Icarus -

DukeNapoleon -

KingShadow -

a smart guy -

lumaokami -
Empty Roster.png

[/collapse]

Click Here to Vote
Eliminations ll will end on Wednesday, 8PMish? eastern time zone

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
These early rounds are so difficult, because even though this game seems to spice it up much more than other games, the rosters are still mostly so similar that I feel its the ones that arent similar that appear to be 'bad' to people when really they are just different.
Which shows being different is bad.

And that reinforces bullying in schools

SunnyDust

Smash Journeyman
Voted for Mr_Anderson because his roster has two Zelda characters, yet only one Pokémon.
I'm sorry, but it doesn't feel right to me.

Last edited:

Yams

Smash Journeyman
I voted for LumaOkami for having three Mario reps and one isn't Bowser, and Jigglypuff before other Pokemon. Sorry :c

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
I voted Duke Napoleon for a weird Pokemon Trainer concept, and putting in Balloon Fighter in with Villager. Also thanks @ kylexv kylexv for getting my roster ready.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Voted Smashriver for his odd combinations.

Also who voted for me??
Yeah, I'm honestly expecting to get the boot this round, since the only real reason I stayed in Round 1 was cause of the risk that was alot bigger than mine. Not to be negative, but in all honesty doing what I did puts me in a big risk this round and onwards. XD
As for my vote, I shall stay silent this time, all the rosters seem great right now.
EDIT: 54.55% OF THE VOTES.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Yeah, I'm honestly expecting to get the boot this round, since the only real reason I stayed in Round 1 was cause of the risk that was alot bigger than mine. Not to be negative, but in all honesty doing what I did puts me in a big risk this round and onwards. XD
As for my vote, I shall stay silent this time, all the rosters seem great right now.
I honestly wouldn't mind combos and I like what you were trying to do. It's just I feel like Pikachu and Mario are to iconic to not be separate. Mewtwo and Luigi too a lesser extent.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I honestly wouldn't mind combos and I like what you were trying to do. It's just I feel like Pikachu and Mario are to iconic to not be separate. Mewtwo and Luigi too a lesser extent.
Yup, I'm gone.
Good luck in Round 3, everyone! I shall take my leave!

kylexv

Smash Master
OK. Going to point out all of the flaws in the collection of rosters:

Mr_Anderson: Lacking Yoshi and adding R.O.B. too early.
SmashRiver64: Adding both King K. Rool and Mega Man too early. Also some weird Pokemon Trainer stuff right there.
Angelglory: Added R.O.B. too early
BlueDrago: Too many Mario reps and lacking Pokemon reps compared to Mario.
YoshiandToad: Lacking Fox (Not too major since you couldn't add him anyway).
Golden Icarus: Two retros.
DukeNapoleon: Lucas over Ness and two retros.
KingShadow: Too many Mario reps and the inclusion of Lucario over Charizard.
a smart guy: THREE retros is too much, adding Mega Man too early, and lacking Marth.
lumaokami: Too many mario reps, should have Bowser with three Mario reps.

Oh, and I liked both Yams and SmashRiver64's idea of the Mario Bros. Too bad SmashRiver couldn't stay another round.

Divided it down to SmashRiver and a smart guy, but had to go with a smart guy for missing a prized veteran.

Last edited:

Mr_Anderson

Smash Cadet
Well, dang, I can't do anything right lol.

I voted for DukeNapoleon because of the odd choice of Balloon Fighter, but mostly being the Trainer concept that, to me, is extremely convoluted, even after reading multiple times. It's an interesting idea, but it's not... executed well? It's just weird. Maybe I'm just not understanding it properly, but it could use a better explanation.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I will explain it: Red and Pikachu fight as a team- they do not switch out or anything, some attacks just happen to be with electricity/pikachu, and others with pokeballs (such as trapping the opponent in them) or temporarily calling out pokemon to use for a move (which is what Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Charmander were). Pikachu has a lot of attacks, and is (more or less) always out with Red. The others would literally just be there for the visual appeal and fandom (the animation of the moves the others use are when Pikachu would not be seen, but by default he is out). Examples would be calling out Bulbasaur for a tether recovery, or Squirtle for an across the board Surf Sweep.

I removed them from my roster because I realized it was getting confusing, and my stubbornness was keeping me from explaining it well. @ Mr_Anderson Mr_Anderson

____
I voted for Smashriver; it was in fact between him and a couple others, lookin at you Smart Guy, three retro and megaman), but ultimately I had to ask myself "I respect the choices Smashriver is making with pokemon trainer, obviously I don't think he need be handled conventionally- nor anyone needs to be. But if they don't, why are you handling two other characters that way- Zelda and Samus, both?"
For this, I had to say- do I want to see what you will offer next time more, or do I need to play the voting safe for this round and think one of the other roster will get more votes than me in the future. I chose the latter, sorry mate.

Last edited:

TheZombiePig

Smash Apprentice
Voted SmashRiver64 for having the Mario bros combo, a third party, and a strange Pokemon trainer selection.

Last edited:

Mr_Anderson

Smash Cadet
I will explain it: Red and Pikachu fight as a team- they do not switch out or anything, some attacks just happen to be with electricity/pikachu, and others with pokeballs (such as trapping the opponent in them) or temporarily calling out pokemon to use for a move (which is what Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Charmander were). Pikachu has a lot of attacks, and is (more or less) always out with Red. The others would literally just be there for the visual appeal and fandom (the animation of the moves the others use are when Pikachu would not be seen, but by default he is out). Examples would be calling out Bulbasaur for a tether recovery, or Squirtle for an across the board Surf Sweep

Thanks for the further explanation, it's making more sense now. I'll be sure to keep it in mind in the following rounds.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Thanks for the further explanation, it's making more sense now. I'll be sure to keep it in mind in the following rounds.
Was that clearer? I'm hoping so, I'd like to at least have it be understood as a mechanic. I think it is actually pretty simple even if it seems convoluted.

BlueDrago

Smash Rookie
Hopped on the SmashRiver bandwagon. Sorry man.
BlueDrago: Too many Mario reps and lacking Pokemon reps compared to Mario.
You are absolutely right. It made sense to me to add both of the princesses this round though. It felt to early for me to add another Pokémon as well. This will definitely inform my decisions next round!

Last edited:

Yams

Smash Journeyman
I feel like my head is on the chopping block next round for the same reasons SmashRiver64's was this time... Quite a mess of turnips I've gotten into!

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
The only reason I added the Mario Bros. and Pokemon Trainer the way they were is solely because I wanted to make the most out of a 12-Slot Roster without taking up too much slots with such a limited space.
As for Mega Man, I saw that noone (aside from artistic) had any Third-Parties, and since I wanted to be unique and also because my roster expansion had a Retro Theme going on, I decided to add Mega Man since around the times of the NES Days, Mega Man was basically 2nd Party to Nintendo.
...Also, for that one guy who thinks adding King K. Rool was too early (you know who you are), I wanted to add another DK Rep and, once again, I wanted to be unique.
So my planning was to get the Roster around this;

• 5 - Mario, Pokemon, Zelda
  • 4 - Kirby, DK
  • 3 - Retro (Retro = being like G&W, ROB, ect.), Fire Emblem, Earthbound, Wario
  • 2 - Punch-Out, Third-Party (was going to be Mega Man and either Black Mage or Sonic), Mii
  • 1 - Wii Fit, Animal Crossing
  • Then just go from there
But hey, I'll leave when I have to. Guess my style of doing things isn't good in your opinion...

Last edited:

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
I decided to abstain from voting this round. These early rounds are too tough and I don't want to make up some dumb reason to vote for anyone. I honestly don't have any big problems with any of the rosters.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
I don't like voting in these early rounds. But quick question: Who voted for me and why?

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I decided to abstain from voting this round. These early rounds are too tough and I don't want to make up some dumb reason to vote for anyone. I honestly don't have any big problems with any of the rosters.
I don't like voting in these early rounds. But quick question: Who voted for me and why?
Like these fellows I'm going to abstain from votes this round...it's honestly so close I can't pick in these very early stages.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
(nope, not home yet, look somewhere else for music mate)
and it looks like @ Bedoop Bedoop was voted next, looks like bundling didn't save you any kindle (I wonder if anyone would get that)
anyway, time to put up my four part plan,
from this point on any melee and previous veterans can't be added till the rule is disallowed
hope that stirs up, or if not I just encouraged bullying against the risk takers, meh
you got 20 slots available and 2 cuts, good luck mates
[collapse=players]
@ SunnyDust SunnyDust
@ Angelglory Angelglory
@ Tepig2000 Tepig2000
@ The_Sheik The_Sheik
@ kylexv kylexv

@LumaOkami
@domokl
@ B BlueDrago
@ Yams Yams
@KingShadow
[/collapse]

[collapse=rosters]
[/collapse]

[collapse=vote count]
  • SunnyDust 0 (0%)
  • The Light Music Club 1 (5.88%)
  • SmasherMaster 1 (5.88%)
  • TheZombiePig 1 (5.88%)
  • AngelGlory 0 (0%)
  • DukeNapoleon 2 (11.76%)
  • Tepig2000 0 (0%)
  • The_Sheik 0 (0%)
  • kylexv 0 (0%)
  • TORNADO BUS DRIVER 0 (0%)
  • a smart guy 1 (5.88%)
  • Golden Icarus 0 (0%)
  • yoshiandToad 0 (0%)
  • LumaOkami 1 (5.88%)
  • Mr_Anderson 1 (5.88%)
  • domokl 0 (0%)
  • BlueDrago 0 (0%)
  • SmashRiver64 9 (52.94%)
  • Yams 0 (0%)
  • KingShadow 0 (0%)
[/collapse]
elimination lll will begin Saturday at 10PM, eastern time zone

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
(nope, not home yet, look somewhere else for music mate)
and it looks like @ Bedoop Bedoop was voted next, looks like bundling didn't save you any kindle (I wonder if anyone would get that)
anyway, time to put up my four part plan,
from this point on any melee and previous veterans can't be added till the rule is disallowed
hope that stirs up, or if not I just encouraged bullying against the risk takers, meh good luck
[collapse=players]
@ SunnyDust SunnyDust
@ Angelglory Angelglory
@ Tepig2000 Tepig2000
@ The_Sheik The_Sheik
@ kylexv kylexv

@LumaOkami
@domokl
@ B BlueDrago
@ Yams Yams
@KingShadow
[/collapse]

[collapse=rosters]
[/collapse]

[collapse=vote count]
  • SunnyDust 0 (0%)
  • The Light Music Club 1 (5.88%)
  • SmasherMaster 1 (5.88%)
  • TheZombiePig 1 (5.88%)
  • AngelGlory 0 (0%)
  • DukeNapoleon 2 (11.76%)
  • Tepig2000 0 (0%)
  • The_Sheik 0 (0%)
  • kylexv 0 (0%)
  • TORNADO BUS DRIVER 0 (0%)
  • a smart guy 1 (5.88%)
  • Golden Icarus 0 (0%)
  • yoshiandToad 0 (0%)
  • LumaOkami 1 (5.88%)
  • Mr_Anderson 1 (5.88%)
  • domokl 0 (0%)
  • BlueDrago 0 (0%)
  • SmashRiver64 9 (52.94%)
  • Yams 0 (0%)
  • KingShadow 0 (0%)
[/collapse]
elimination lll will begin Friday at 10PM, eastern time zone
Umm..... How many do we add?

Also, there goes my plan of adding Zelda this round.

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
I think I know what's coming....

Roster Evolution 2 Round 3.png

Added:
Wario (Wanted another villain)
Ganon (Wanted 2nd Zelda and a newcomer. This one had the least risk involved.)
King Dedede (Wanted 2nd Kirby)
Olimar (A lot of people had him last round)
R.O.B. (Wanted to add my second retro just in case)

Cut:
Villager (Looking at last round, not too many people had Villager, so it isn't too much of a risk cutting him)

Also added ZSS to Samus.

Series: 16 (Mario, DK, Zelda, Metroid, Yoshi, Kirby, Star Fox, Pokemon, F-Zero, Fire Emblem, Game and Watch, Wario, Kid Icarus, Pikmin, Gyromite, Punch Out!!)

EDIT: Replaced Toon Link with Ganon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom