• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Member at E3

Procrasticritter

Smash Journeyman
Hello fellow smashers! Just wanted to let everybody know (in case anybody was wondering) that at least one Smashboards member will be going to E3 2007:

Me.

I am currently working at a fairly well known game publisher (although I won't mention which one specifically) and they have decided to have me work at the show this year. If I happen to see/hear anything about new or exciting about Brawl that hasn't/won't be covered by IGN, Gamespot, etc., I will do my best to pass it along!

get excited everybody! Its finally time for some big announcements!

Zodiac

Smash Master
SWEEEEEET! I was hopeing yesterday, "Maybe somone from smasboards will go to e3, naah, it couldnt happen."

YES! Thanks for the smashing news passing you may doing during e3, which is in one day?

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Kick@$$. If you provide us the goods I will give you cookies. COOKIES!!!!

And if you're lying.......

Just watch your back and don't go into dark alleys....

SHINE FX

Smash Apprentice
SWEEEEEET! I was hopeing yesterday, "Maybe somone from smasboards will go to e3, naah, it couldnt happen."

YES! Thanks for the smashing news passing you may doing during e3, which is in one day?
I think the Nintendo conference is actually on Wednesday.
Anyway, it's good to hear someone's going. They're bound to mention something interesting.

.ReDLiNE-

Smash Cadet
Great news!

Whatever information you can pass onto us will be well appreciated. :)

Procrasticritter

Smash Journeyman
@Salaad: well, rest assured that I'm definately not bluffing! I'm going down there with my boss to pick up my badge tomorrow

I currently don't know if they are going to have me stationed at the booth in the Barker Hanger, or at the hotels by the meeting rooms, or running around in between both. I'll just have to see. My boss said they'll have plenty of computers, and she definitely wanted us to have a way to hear about breaking news, so i hopefully i will have a computer in close vicinity. I really hope I can provide at least something (even if its just my impressions) that you won't hear on IGN, Gamespot, or G4.

Aside from Brawl, I'm really excited about the Nintendo press conference, I want to find out if they will announce a new Starfox game for the Wii.

I use to go every year, before they decided to change the rules. Those E3 people suck:(

Me and my friends wont let that stop us! If you see me, that means I got in illegally.

Just like a real American:)
*High Fives*

I was going to attend this year but now that I found someone that can possibly go in my place,I can just go to OC3 without worry.

I was actually going to go until they announced that Brawl wouldn't be playable this year,so it kind of shot things down.

I hope things go well for you since I have pretty much sold my invitation to go to a friend.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Awesome, thanks for the update...

I would like to subscibe >_> That means I don't look at the threads with 100000000000 post so I don't really know what they are about, so pm when you get the info..

If you care about _Phloat_, which god knows (and I knows) you do, like everyone else...

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Hello fellow smashers! Just wanted to let everybody know (in case anybody was wondering) that at least one Smashboards member will be going to E3 2007:

Me.

I am currently working at a fairly well known game publisher (although I won't mention which one specifically) and they have decided to have me work at the show this year. If I happen to see/hear anything about new or exciting about Brawl that hasn't/won't be covered by IGN, Gamespot, etc., I will do my best to pass it along!

get excited everybody! Its finally time for some big announcements!

YES!!! Soak up every pieces if information you hear like a sponge(especially Brawl info),and post it on the forums!

What day does E3 start,anyway?

Cenedar

Smash Ace
You, sir/ma'am, are a god/goddess among all us lowly mortals. You're also one lucky *** to be able to go lol.

Have fun, and here's hoping you find something juicy about Brawl!

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
If their was a playable demo, I'd be more excited.

But, the only thing, how do we know you are going to E3?

Procrasticritter

Smash Journeyman
officially, E3 starts tomorrow (tuesday) evening, with Microsoft being the first to give their press conference, followed by Nintendo (YAY!), and Sony, the following morning. That being said, I don't know how that is going to effect the updates on Smashbros.com... They'll either reveal something big before Nintendo's official press conference, possibly to generate hype AT the press conference, or reveal nothing, to keep the press in utter suspence UNTIL the press conference.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
officially, E3 starts tomorrow (tuesday) evening, with Microsoft being the first to give their press conference, followed by Nintendo (YAY!), and Sony, the following morning. That being said, I don't know how that is going to effect the updates on Smashbros.com... They'll either reveal something big before Nintendo's official press conference, possibly to generate hype AT the press conference, or reveal nothing, to keep the press in utter suspence UNTIL the press conference.
Knowing Nintendo, I'm going with the nothing part.

Salaad

Smash Ace
^LOL that would be...dissapointing....>.<

I want to see more of Metroid Prime 3: Corruption and Super Mario Galaxies, FTW.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Sweet. I'm subscribing to this thread. Also, I think Gamespot is doing the video feed thing as they have done in the past. I'll have both on my screen all day Wednesday :)

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
Props to you, our great hope. Make sure to take in audience reactions, as they allow people to sense the atmosphere. Miscellaneous detail surrounding concrete info is what we are all after!

Edit: *** This is a bit IMPORTANT (Sorry for caps). ***

As a European, I am a bit concerned about the rumour regarding Europe getting Brawl in '08 and Mario KArt in '07, with vice versa going for NA... SINCE I will attend 10 months of Swedish military service starting JANUARY '08 this is a BIT of a concern for me, and probably all Smash Board members who live in Europe.

So, unless we get any concrete revalations about this at the press conference, could you check up on this when and if you can?! I would be very obliged, seeing as how I might have to take measures to allow me to play this game with my friends in case the rumor turns out to be true...

Procrasticritter

Smash Journeyman
Props to you, our great hope. Make sure to take in audience reactions, as they allow people to sense the atmosphere. Miscellaneous detail surrounding concrete info is what we are all after!

Edit: *** This is a bit IMPORTANT (Sorry for caps). ***

As a European, I am a bit concerned about the rumour regarding Europe getting Brawl in '08 and Mario KArt in '07, with vice versa going for NA... SINCE I will attend 10 months of Swedish military service starting JANUARY '08 this is a BIT of a concern for me, and probably all Smash Board members who live in Europe.

So, unless we get any concrete revalations about this at the press conference, could you check up on this when and if you can?! I would be very obliged, seeing as how I might have to take measures to allow me to play this game with my friends in case the rumor turns out to be true...
sure, I'll try my best to find out about the other Nintendo games, including brawl. I've started compiling a list of things to try to find out about. With reguards to the actual Nintendo press conference, I'm as much the dark just like everybody else, since only a handful of people out of the people who go to E3 get to be in the press conference room.

However, if I hear anything else from the show floor and have time to walk around the hanger, I'll be sure to ask questions at the nintendo booth.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Microsoft's conference is tonight at 8pm pacific. Nintendo's is Wednesday @ 9:00am Pacific.

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Make sure before you do anything else, you post HERE at Smashboards about any new Brawl information. Let me give you an example:

Iwata comes out on stage: Sankyo for to comeen to thee Neentendo puless confullants! (Translation: Thank you for coming to the Nintendo press conference!)
*A few minutes pass*
*OMG Smash Trailer*
You: "I just saw Sonic!! I JUST SAW SONIC!!!!"
*OMG your spleen explodes*
You: "AHHHHHHHH!!!! OH MY GOD!!! MY SPLEEN!!!!"
*5 seconds later*
You: "CRAP! Gotta get to a computer!"
*You type up a post confirming Sonic, whilst bleeding profusely*
You: "Getting... woozy... ...HURK!!! Bleh."

A winner is you.

~Dac

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Make sure before you do anything else, you post HERE at Smashboards about any new Brawl information. Let me give you an example:

Iwata comes out on stage: Sankyo for to comeen to thee Neentendo puless confullants! (Translation: Thank you for coming to the Nintendo press conference!)
*A few minutes pass*
*OMG Smash Trailer*
*5 seconds later*

A winner is you.

~Dac
I don't truly LOL much.

But this post made me.

Brockman5

Smash Ace

*A few minutes pass*
*OMG Smash Trailer*
*5 seconds later*

A winner is you.

~Dac

I Love this post....:) Yes Sankyo for pooosssteng thes exmple Translation: Thank you for posting this example....

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
*comes in wearing black suit and carrying a suitcase*

Me: (talks to TC but doesn't look directly at him or her) Procrasticritter, I have a mission for you. This will be vital to us. Find a way to play a copy of Brawl. Make sure you do it inconspicously though. I can't afford to lose an agent.

(continues talking) And here's the things that I want you to check:
playable Diddy
playable Ridley
playable Sonic
A FInal Destination type stage
My lunch
Your lunch
Wavedashing
Gutsman's A** (the demon been plauging everything)
And a cheat code that let's you play as a Peach in a bikini. o.o

(gives Procrasticritter the briefcase)

Everything in here is all you need
AR to hack
All four controllers that are useable for Brawl
A nude picture of Samus (to distract the guards. duh!)
A Wii
A condom (because spies and secret agents gets all the action)

Do you understand your mission. You only have until Wednesday to pull this mission. And you only get one try so don't fail me.

Also, if you succed, don't call us. We'll call you.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
What do you guys make of the rumor that Mario Kart will be brought up and released this year instead of Brawl due to its supposedly being behind in production?

beta_prime

Smash Journeyman
I've never heard that, but I saw on IGN (can't find a link) that someone reconfirmed brawl will be released in 07. I'll keep looking for a link.

Edit: Found it! Here's the link . Scroll to the bottom of the article that's where he says it.

Top Bottom