• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards is listed in the prima guide...

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
So I bought the guide today(for the poster) and had my birthday early...today which is tommrow(I turn 21!) yay! anyways, I just thought that was cool...Smash World Forums is listed in the Brawl Prima guide...talk about advertisement.

Steck

Smash Journeyman
That's how I first learned about these boards!

I hate how the poster gets ripped when you try to take it out lol. I think prima's character rates were a bit off (Sonic one of the best? Meta Knight average?)

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
It rates ZSS as the weakest character in the game, yet one can totally destroy with her.

Sir_Psycho

Smash Apprentice
The last guide I read that had Smash Bros. character ratings was one about Melee and they rated Yoshi the best character in the game. After that I learned not to trust character ratings in strategy guides.

LouisLeGros

Smash Journeyman
Prima doesn't sound like they know much... I bet the sites they suggest are garbage just like their character ratings.

orintemple

Smash Lord
Happy birthday, I turn 21 this month too XD

Thats cool though, now more people will know about us and maybe get into the Smash scene more competitively, we need people who want to get competitive about Brawl.

Ereki

Smash Cadet
I think I missed this, too. I looked through the guide [spotting typos throughout,], but what page is it on?

Also, I don't really think PRIMA knows what they're talking about, honestly. Some characters they list with their overall rating don't seem right at all to me, and some strategies they give for specific characters don't seem to work too well when I try them out.

I could be somewhat harsh here, but could PRIMA possibly be slightly on the level of the ESRB? [..really, don't answer this. I'm just rambling off. I'm sorry for going off-topic.]

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
I think I missed this, too. I looked through the guide [spotting typos throughout,], but what page is it on?

Also, I don't really think PRIMA knows what they're talking about, honestly. Some characters they list with their overall rating don't seem right at all to me, and some strategies they give for specific characters don't seem to work too well when I try them out.

I could be somewhat harsh here, but could PRIMA possibly be slightly on the level of the ESRB? [..really, don't answer this. I'm just rambling off. I'm sorry for going off-topic.]
Keep in mind I have the Premiere edition

as for the page 133

Ereki

Smash Cadet
Oh, well, hey. What do you know.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Premiere Edition said:
"For fighting games, many strategies evolve over months of play at the highest level of competition. The strategies listed here will get you started on your way to the top, but for the most up-to-date- tournament level strategies, browse the Smash World Forums (www.smashboards.com).
Well, this was indeed unexpected. However, they put it on a page I disregarded almost completely [I only skimmed through this one]. >>; It still is a nice advertisement towards the forum, though.

majorojam

Smash Apprentice
EDIT: Hahahaha, it was posted two posts above. ERRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASEEEE

thewiredknight

Smash Journeyman
That's why you don't read Prima guides. PRIMA SUCKS!!!!!!
At least they're better than Brady games. Freaking guides, who ever heard of making a guide for an RPG and not providing maps?

I have the guide but I bought it as more of a collector's item. But man the info in it is wrong left and right.

NukeA6

Smash Master
That's why you don't read Prima guides. PRIMA SUCKS!!!!!!
Waste of 20 dollars. I found better strategies on the Net.

Prima doesn't have strategies for Multi-Man Brawl or how to get 100% in SSE.

I have no idea what I was thinking when I got this guide (and I knew Prima sucked).

ThaDirtyG

Smash Apprentice
I always thought the guides looked nice, but never offered anything else...

And Prima sucks...

R3v3nant

Smash Cadet
The Prima guide for brawl is pretty bad. It sounds more like a Brady games guide(which are horrible) then one made by Prima.

Top Bottom