• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards is Back!

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Smashers,

Today our host managed to get a restore of our database working and we were able to implement additional measures to combat the DDoS attack. We are hopeful these mitigation tactics will hold. No data was lost during this attack and in all the forums were down for 24 days. We appreciate all the patience the Smash community has shown, and if you were wondering what was going on, you weren't following our social media!
While we were down we implemented a temporary frontpage which was well received. We will try to actually get to a frontpage-forum setup like other sites in the near future.

Premium Members: check the disco room for a special gift. If your premium expired during the downtime please send me a PM and I'll get you restored with three months of Premium Membership. It is so early after recovering from the downtime that I'm not sure yet if new Premium Memberships can be accepted and there are likely other kinks as a result of the downtime that will need to be worked out over the next few days.

Thanks Smashers again for sticking with us during this community crisis,
-aZ

Sartron

Smash Journeyman
Thanks a lot Alpha! It's good to have Smashboards back. Facebook just wasn't the same as being on Smashboards. :)

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I can see clearly now.

TYBAZ

:093:

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Wow, this is super great news! I really missed having a neat, organized community to discuss Smash Bros. stuff with. Gamefaqs is not a good substitute!

This news really makes my day! Thank you so much for working hard to bring this site back together!

DRM4R10

Smash Apprentice
Hey does anyone know why the page still has to load for 5 seconds somtimes?

milligraham

Smash Apprentice
I'm so glad smashboards is back! I've been checking everyday since it went down to see if things returned to normal

GaiusK

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5086-1306-5225
Finally!. I'm glad the page's up and running once again. I didn't know where to go when Peach got confirmed.

DRM4R10

Smash Apprentice
We have the protection still set on a high setting to be safe, but in the future this will be lowered.
Oh ok thanks, and for the others too. I appreciate the work that the moderators do for these forums.

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
;_;

I was convinced I was going to lose so much work...this is such a relief.

Is Temple Host still being used? I think the last update people got was from a couple weeks back when they said they were migrating the servers, what's the rest of the story?

John2k4

The End of an Era
I can't say for certain. I know we had to move to a temporary webhost while TTH was dealing with the DDoS. I do not know if we have switched back to them, though. Would need to ask AZ.

Top Bottom