• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 Smashboarders unite! (Come and check who you can meet at your local best buy!)

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
See you there, I'm arriving at 5:30-6:00 though. I'm the black person in the valley mill camp t shirt. Is there anything to identify you by?
Lol I don't know what I'll be wearing. Are you going at 6 in the morning? Damn thats some dedication right there.

Gazdakka Gizbang

Smash Apprentice
I'll be on at Citrus Heights in California, possibly on both days for the full time duration depending on how lenient my wife allows me to be. Hope to see somebody there.

(UPDATED):

Smashboards Nickname: Gazdakka Gizbang
First/Preferred Name: Gaz
Date(s) & Time(s): All of them, hopefully.

Last edited:

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
QUESTION NOTICE: If anyone knows of any possible way at all to request this event to be held at another best buy, please reply or message me. Because that may be the only way I'm going

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Smashboards Nickname: mygamecube
First/Preferred Name: Somonte/Coop
Date(s) & Time(s): Both events (June 11, 14) will be there pretty much all evening/afternoon

Hometown: Detroit
# of people in party: Me for sure, possibly 2 to 3 others
Transportation: I'll be driving there
Note: I'll have a black Dry Bones hat on with a blue visor. Easily the most recognizable feature I'll have on me.

Hope to see others there who are willing to go.

proxibomb

Smash Clown
That would be great, meet you there!
I'll accept your challenge! Let's Little Mac ditto it up!

I guess I'll post my info the right way too...

Smashboards Name: shaZam!
Preferred Name: Zach
Date/Time: June 11th. I'll probably be there around 5 and stay until they tell me I can't play smash anymore.
Challenge accepted! Let's kick ass!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Smashboards name: Johnknight1
Preferred name: John or Johnknight or Johnknight1
Date/Time: June 11th and probably the 14th as well.

I'll take on/chat with anyone. ;)

I might bring my brother to the latter date. I don't know when I'll be there for the 14th, as I think my brother's graduation is that day (and he'll probably come with me that day).

For the record that is me on the train as my avatar, although that was about 8 years ago. I've got red-ish brown hair, I'm about 6'2, and I'm white with kinda a farmer's tan! :laugh:

Last edited:

Gazdakka Gizbang

Smash Apprentice
Smashboards name: Johnknight1
Preferred name: John or Johnknight or Johnknight1
Date/Time: June 11th and probably the 14th as well.

I'll take on/chat with anyone. ;)

I might bring my brother to the latter date. I don't know when I'll be there for the 14th, as I think my brother's graduation is that day (and he'll probably come with me that day).

For the record that is me on the train as my avatar, although that was about 8 years ago. I've got red-ish brown hair, I'm about 6'2, and I'm white with kinda a farmer's tan! :laugh:
Damnit, you're too far away :( I guess it shouldn't matter considering we're in California, the Smash Bros. hotspot.

Does anyone know what controllers will be used for this? Wiimotes, I imagine?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Damnit, you're too far away :( I guess it shouldn't matter considering we're in California, the Smash Bros. hotspot.

Does anyone know what controllers will be used for this? Wiimotes, I imagine?
Are you in SoCal=???

Because the SoCal ones are gonna have a lot of smashers. I guarantee it.

Gazdakka Gizbang

Smash Apprentice
Are you in SoCal=???

Because the SoCal ones are gonna have a lot of smashers. I guarantee it.
I'm going to Citrus Heights, so I guess that's...Northern California?

San Jose's a 7-hour drive, and as much as I'd love to, I can't waste the gas for the time being.

Last edited:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'm going to Citrus Heights, so I guess that's...Northern California?

San Jose's a 7-hour drive, and as much as I'd love to, I can't waste the gas for the time being.
Stuck in the middle-ish, eh=???

Don't worry, I know plennnnnttttyyyyy of smashers there. You're still covered. ;)

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Am I the only Massachusetts person going? Or has the OP not been updated yet?
Don't worry, I'm going to Danvers as well. @BluePsychic and @peeup are going to Marlborough though, in case they want to arrange a date so both MA parties can meet in one BestBuy. Although, transportation would be the greatest concern there.

Also just applied for a job, so I'm hoping there are no schedule conflicts. Will have to work around them if they happen.

I'm going to the Best Buy in culver city.

Forum name: Eternal phoenix Fire

What I'll be wearing? Uh. Probably some colorful ****. I'm 6'1 black with dreadlocks to my shoulder.

Thanks for organizing this Raykz

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Smashboards Nickname: DaDavid
First/Preferred Name: David (isn't that so random? I bet you didn't see it coming)
Location: Tempe, AZ (only Best Buy in AZ that's participating)
Date(s) & Time(s): Probably both, definitely Wednesday the whole time.

I'm showing up with my younger bros and girlfriend, but I'm still down to meet some of you guys if you're there.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
To those wondering the OP is not updated yet. I have added about 70% of you guys (I added everyone on pages 1, 2, 3 and 5, missing page 4).

If anyone from one of those pages if missing, please inform me.

Those of you who were unsure whether you were going a 2nd day or whether you were bringing someone I opted to not include those datas so as to not have misleading information. If at any moment you stop being uncertain and are sure you will be able to make it a 2nd day or bring a group then just inform me and I will update your information.

I am sorry its taken me so long but I just graduated from my Master's a week and a half ago and I have been extremely busy with a lot of things in my personal life and I haven't been able to spend enough time in the forums to finish the OP. I think by saturday night everyone should be on the list.

Boss N

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Boss-N
3DS FC
0044-3869-2757
If anyone from one of those pages if missing, please inform me.

I am sorry its taken me so long but I just graduated from my Master's a week and a half ago and I have been extremely busy with a lot of things... I think by saturday night everyone should be on the list.
Im one of those missing on page 4 I think, Congrats on your masters dude!

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Smashboards Nickname: SuperMii3D
First/Preferred Name: Alexis
Date(s) & Time(s): June 14th, all 4 hours
Hometown: Why? Phoenix
# of people in party: Uh, 2-3
Transportation: Again, why? I getting driven there.
Note: My most likely attire will be blue jeans, some Mario related shirt (Most likely my blue 1-Up shirt) and my rather small Mario hat

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Smashboards Nickname: MAtgSy
First/Preferred Name: Michael
Date(s) & Time(s): Saturday, hopefully for the entire duration

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I'm going to the Best Buy in culver city.

Forum name: Eternal phoenix Fire

What I'll be wearing? Uh. Probably some colorful ****. I'm 6'1 black with dreadlocks to my shoulder.

Thanks for organizing this Raykz
You going on weds or saturday? I'll be there Sat afternoon. I just look like a boring white guy, average height, half pale, but I'll probably be wearing an Avengers t shirt or something :'( but I'm sure I'll recognize you with that description haha

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Smashboards Nickname: Moon Monkey
First/Preferred Name: H.N.I.C :shades: or Moon
Date(s) & Time(s): Hopefully both 11 & 14 for full duration. But I think I might end up going to the 14th one for sure. I'll update when sure.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
It's not going to be over on the Wednesday event. They have different times, Wednesday goes from 4 pm to 9 pm and the one on Saturday goes from noon to 5 pm
Oh whoa. I thought it was 12-4. I'll see you there then. I'm probably gonna go an hour or two early.

Kenbucho

Smash Rookie
NNID
Kenbuchan
3DS FC
0903-3633-3855
Hey guys, first time posting on this website. I'm a HUGE smash bros. fan and I've been desperately searching for a SSB scene out here in Pittsburgh. I've looked at past posts and the only ones that I've seen around my area were from 2011. This is just so I can get out there and start fresh with some people around my area. I won a few amateur tournaments out here at my college and I can't wait for the Best Buy event.

Smashboards Nickname: Kenbucho
First/Preferred Name: Scott
Date(s) & Time(s): The 11th, definitely being there, not sure how long. The 14th is still iffy depending on the 11th goes.

Hometown: Pittsburgh
# of people in party: My GF, a few friends and co-workers.
Transportation: Using my own car to drive there.
Note: I'll be wearing my green Captain Olimar shirt. (The face of doom)

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Ok, I have finally finished adding everyone in the thread.

Please everyone check that you are there in the list and that your information is correct. If it isn't please inform me immediately so I can correct it.

You are all now able to check your desired Best Buy Locations to check how many people are going.

Apparently there are no LA Best Buys participating so I will probably go to another close-by state on Saturday for the full duration of the event (and a couple hours earlier for the line to preorder :D). I still haven't decided which state in CA to go to though. Need one that is close and hopefully has many people.

Culver City is the closest one from where I live (23 min drive), but I would also be willing to drive to Yobra Linda, Chino or Costa Mesa which are all close to 40 minute drives. Anyone have any opinions on which one I should go? If not I will probably just choose the one with the most Smashboarders going :p. (Which seems to be Culver City until now).

Smashboards Nickname: SuperMii3D
First/Preferred Name: Alexis
Date(s) & Time(s): June 14th, all 4 hours
Hometown: Why? Phoenix
# of people in party: Uh, 2-3
Transportation: Again, why? I getting driven there.
Note: My most likely attire will be blue jeans, some Mario related shirt (Most likely my blue 1-Up shirt) and my rather small Mario hat
The reason for the more personal information (hometown, transportation, etc) is in case you are able and willing to carpool with a fellow smasher. Someone who might not have been able to go might read someone else's proximity and availability and be able to go by carpooling with another Smashboarder.

These information is optional though as not everyone can or wants to drive a stranger to an event.

@ E Eternal phoenix Fire are you not going to the Invitational anymore? I thought you had said something about that in another thread.

Last edited:

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Wow. Nobody going to Geary Boulevard (San Francisco), CA. That is good news for me, since I want to get as much hands-on time as possible.

XalchemistX

Smash Ace
NNID
Alchemistx
Smashboards Nickname: Alchemist
First/Preferred Name: Josh
Date(s) & Time(s): Hopefully all of them

Dj.D

Smash Apprentice
Smashboards nickname: Dj.D

First/preferred name: David

Location: Murrieta. I was thinking to go to the Chino location at first, but after some thinking, thought that going to the Murrieta location would be better since I get the feeling there will be far less people going to that one, since Murrieta is somewhat more rural/residential, and maybe too out of the way for many people living in the Inland Empire area of Southern California. Also slightly closer and less likely to run into traffic. The Chino location has many cities close to it and I can see it having a long line fast.

Time: Likely on the 11th, I may get there early with my brother. Maybe 3:30 p.m. or earlier. If I like the demo enough and want to play it some more, maybe I will be able to go on the 14th also.

For people who went to the Best Buy demos last year, what should I expect? Will the length of the lines vary depending on the city? Will I get to play as long as I want? Will I be able to experiment with every character on it to see changes and test out the new characters?

Gazdakka Gizbang

Smash Apprentice
Apparently there are no LA Best Buys participating so I will probably go to another close-by state on Saturday for the full duration of the event (and a couple hours earlier for the line to preorder :D). I still haven't decided which state in CA to go to though. Need one that is close and hopefully has many people.

Culver City is the closest one from where I live (23 min drive), but I would also be willing to drive to Yobra Linda, Chino or Citrus Heights which are all close to 40 minute drives. Anyone have any opinions on which one I should go? If not I will probably just choose the one with the most Smashboarders going :p. (Which seems to be Culver City until now).
Well I'd be totally kosher with you coming to Citrus Heights, but I can understand the desire to go to the location with the most Smashboarders. I'm an OK player, but I haven't played in years because my change in international location means I have to buy a new Wii and a new Super Smash Bros. Melee.

Actually, have I got the wrong Culver City indicated? I don't know how the devil you're only 23 minutes from Culver City and 40 minutes from Citrus Heights. Google's telling me that Culver City's a 7-hour drive. Are you arriving in a jumbo jet or something? -_-

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Well I'd be totally kosher with you coming to Citrus Heights, but I can understand the desire to go to the location with the most Smashboarders. I'm an OK player, but I haven't played in years because my change in international location means I have to buy a new Wii and a new Super Smash Bros. Melee.

Actually, have I got the wrong Culver City indicated? I don't know how the devil you're only 23 minutes from Culver City and 40 minutes from Citrus Heights. Google's telling me that Culver City's a 7-hour drive. Are you arriving in a jumbo jet or something? -_-

Ummm, let me check again, I might have wrote down the wrong city. I was making a list of the cities and their distance from my house, I might just have mixed up 2 cities with each other.

Edit: Yep, made a mistake. Citrus Heights is 7 hours away from me. The one that is 40 minutes away is Costa Mesa. I'll edit my original post.

Last edited:

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
I'll be at the Bramalea Best Buy for anyone from Brampton/Ontario!

Relax Alax
Preferred: Alex
Going to the May 11th 4-9 at above location.

Last edited:
Top Bottom