• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU and 3DS - Ike Joins the Fray

lDigitalisml

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
LARR#189
OMG, how many times have I been telling people this niqga would come back!!!?? Lucas, ROB, GnW, and whoever else people are doubting are coming back as well... Ive been saying this since the TL relase!!! Im so hype!!! Dont even... I mean, whoooooooooo!!! I feel so RIGHT!!
Game and watch, yes...lucas probably...ROB? Probably not.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
The website says this is a 3DS pic, and I was thinking that there's no way this is 3DS. It looks too good. Unsurprisingly, the WiiU Battlefield is in the back, and this must have been mislabeled.

To those who wanted Chrom, hopefully this doesn't deconfirm him (doubt it), but this is still certainly a surprise for me. His new design is sick and I hope they improve on him. If Chrom makes it in, we'd just have another blue-haired Fire Emblem character.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
Game and watch, yes...lucas probably...ROB? Probably not.
I honestly wanted Ike cut from the start. Mostly to make room from Chrom. I'm not up for that "recency" crap, but I just like new characters, I loved Marth, but didn't care for Ike. I just wanted to make room for Chrom.

I am a believer in a roster size not too far from Brawl's and I just don't like Lucas. He's not unique and he's not even as cool-looking.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
FINALLLYYYYY!

Yesssssssssss. This is easily the most excited I've been since the games' reveal! I don't care about the rest of the cast now. At the end of the day, ZSS and Ike are really the only ones I wanted.

lDigitalisml

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
LARR#189
I honestly wanted Ike cut from the start. Mostly to make room from Chrom. I'm not up for that "recency" crap, but I just like new characters, I loved Marth, but didn't care for Ike. I just wanted to make room for Chrom.

I am a believer in a roster size not too far from Brawl's and I just don't like Lucas. He's not unique and he's not even as cool-looking.
I also wanted ike out in all honesty...lucas I don't mind but he needs to have his moveset modified slightly to make him stand out more from ness...like how significantly different they are in PM

KatKit

Smash Lord
I knew they revealed a veteran as soon I saw the "site down for a moment, check later" thing lol.

I wonder how Ike got tweaked. If he has no major changes besides his appearance... in the words of Malibu's Most Wanted: "All that buffness for no reason."

Anyway, I'm sure that Ike fans are as happy as I was when ZSS got revealed. It's a relief, huh? I know that feel.

Last edited:

AIM0001

Smash Lord
I'm just happy that we don't have to hear "There will be no more major updates until E3"

Although, now there probably won't be any major updates until E3.
There is still a chance for a couple returning vet announcements.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Dem muscles!

He looks much older and less green than before. I'm thoroughly impressed (and slightly swooning).

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
I love his redesign; getting rid of most of that blue distinguishes him from Marth a lot more, which will be valuable when Chrom is inevitably revealed in all his azure luster.

As cool as Chrom is, though, I hope they opt for a female representative like Anna or Lucina. Robin, with both male and female alts would be my first choice, though.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
The n00b starter is back :p now spam those smashes!

But eh... I don't really understand why everyone is so happy to see Ike again... Chrom should at least be an alternate costume or a separate playable with a different style... I actually didn't thought Ike would return. I thought his moveset would be back, but just with some other character.

Anyways, he looks great.

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
Why does everyone think that Ike being confirmed means Chrom is out? Would you think the same thing if Roy was confirmed instead of Ike? It's like people think that the cap for Fire Emblem reps is two. Why can't all three characters be in the game?

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
Why does everyone think that Ike being confirmed means Chrom is out? Would you think the same thing if Roy was confirmed instead of Ike? It's like people think that the cap for Fire Emblem reps is two. Why can't all three characters be in the game?
Ike being confirmed raises the chance other FE characters won't be in. Of coourse there's still a chance, but it's less likely now.

also, Marth looks so kiddy compared to Ike...

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
WE LIKE IKE! WE LIKE IKE!

I'm so glad he's back. He was one of my mains in Brawl. And he's looking Manlier than ever before!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
IKE! :D

And this doesn't affect Chrom (who's basically confirmed), people. :p Fire Emblem's a 13 game series. It can get three characters, haha.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
haha, when I saw the picture on smashboards I was hesitant to click. You know the feeling when you flip a coin to decide on something only to realize before it landed what you really wanted, well that's how I felt about Ike. Once I realize I was about to learn if Ike was in or not I REALLY wanted him in.

So yay :3

On another note I expect we will learn a lot more about Ike before E3, maybe even tomorrow update.

edit: Heh, on the official smash4 site it has
"Want to know more about Ike? Visit the official website for Fire Emblem: Awakening!"

Last edited:

Gune

Smash Lord
Thus the last person from the replacement pattern is confirmed proving that whole thing was a bunch of bull sh*t.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
I also wanted ike out in all honesty...lucas I don't mind but he needs to have his moveset modified slightly to make him stand out more from ness...like how significantly different they are in PM
Ike was cool, and beast in PM, but his legacy should stay in Brawl.

I feel there's no need for a new EB character (Lucas) the game has little rep. and I like Ness, he's from the original 12. I don't doubt Lucas would be cool, but in terms of just who the character isl, I dont want Lucas. To each his own, I guess.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Fire Emblem Awakening was the best-selling and most critically-acclaimed FE game ever. I'm fairly sure there'll still be a Awakening rep.

I hoping for Tharja.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Ike! Nice to see he's back.

His new look based on Radiant Dawn looks really badass too.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Fire Emblem Awakening was the best-selling and most critically-acclaimed FE game ever. I'm fairly sure there'll still be a Awakening rep.

I hoping for Tharja.
Because the sh*tstorm over Zero Suit Samus just wasn't enough, right? What we really need is a voluptuous girl in a black bikini and a sheer, lacy shawl thing!

Please no, Sakurai. Please.

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
Because the sh*tstorm over Zero Suit Samus just wasn't enough, right? What we really need is a voluptuous girl in a black bikini and a sheer, lacy shawl thing!

Please no, Sakurai. Please.
There's no controversy to be had, there's half-naked women everywhere you look in media. So boo-f*cking-hoo, let them cry. Most of them will still end up buying the game anyway.

The Fire Emblem series has plenty of interesting character archetypes other than just swordsmen. Tharja's just the most interesting Mage character in Awakening, so why not?

Last edited:

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
Man he looks bad ass. That is a ****ing boss redesign.

He's gonna need a new voice actor. I don't know if I could accept his brawl voice with the new design.

Last edited:
Top Bottom