• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Final Daily Pic - December 5th

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

It's been fun sakurai!

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Take a load off, Mr. Sakurai. You've earned it.

Or at least take a breather before DLC stuff gets under way...

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai said: "Pic of the day. Tomorrow, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U will be released in Japan! The players in Japan had to wait a bit longer for their release, but then again, they did get the 3DS version first. We were glad to be able to release this game in the Americas just in time for Thanksgiving in the United States."

This also marks the conclusion of the Pic of the Day series and Sakurai left his closing comment "Pic of the day has continued since E3 2013, and I would like to bring this series to a close today.
A total of 384 posts and roughly 500 screenshots have been posted, and there's even more screenshots if you count the ones I've posted for different regions.

The origins of pic of the day was sharing one picture a day of the game in development inside the company. It started out just as a small bonus for the staff.

However, once we started sharing pictures with the public, it was a much tougher process. We had to be more careful to choose appropriate pictures to post while keeping a consistant schedule regardless of how busy we got, all while some people only wanted new information from my posts.

It's nice to finally be able to get one weight off of my shoulders. But, we promised to create Mewtwo as a playable character, so I can't relax too much yet. I hope you'll look forward to Mewtwo joining the battle!"
Well pretty much knew this was coming and i won't be surprise if we do see another smash installment but that's not until another 3-4 years or so until then atleast we got this one

ATH_

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0963-0267-2548
Switch FC
6592-1642-9705
This makes me really sad holy crap. It's been like, an actual part of my life up until now ;-;

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Well, that's one less thing I have to worry about @ 1-3AM. Now to get some rest of my own.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

RIP Pic of the Day

Hopefully Sakurai will take a long break soon after the DLC is all done. I am just thankful that he made these amazing games for us.

Last edited by a moderator:

ProfessorTakehiko

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1736-0240-2597
Since Sakurai said this is going to be the last Smash game for the 3rd time, who's gonna take care of the series if he let's anyone do it? Or, will we ever get a Smash 5? The world may never know...

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Sakurai, you forgot to mention that you'll be fixing the Ice Climbers so you wont be wasting all that time you took to develop them.
Wii U exclusive DLC?
Smash 5?
Will we ever know?
All these answers and more..... in 6 years or less >.<

EDIT: Not trying to be rude, just pointing out that this is Sakurai: we may never know.......

Last edited:

BlazeAmani

Smash Rookie
NNID
BlazeAmani
3DS FC
3711-8528-1569
Imagine if one day he randomly comes back and shows the Mewtwo model in-game

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
It has been one hell of a ride these past year and a half.

A round of applause for Masahiro Sakurai for making Smash 4 such amazing games! :D

Luigi Smasher

Smash Rookie
NNID
Luigi7381
I'm so used to getting up in the morning and seeing the Pic of the Day. I don't know how I'm going to function without this anymore. It's like dislocating a shoulder :urg:

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
This is the end.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Well, Sakurai, let namco do the job!
You need a Rest. You deserved taking a vacation and say to the world."Im the badass who create and work in every Smash bros."

Farorae

Smash Ace
This is going to be so weird. Everyday before school I would wake up and look at the picture of the day. This would give me a reason to wake up in the morning and even if it was something small it would get me through the morning. I will be very sad to see this go, I honestly felt like it would never end...

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Since Sakurai said this is going to be the last Smash game for the 3rd time, who's gonna take care of the series if he let's anyone do it? Or, will we ever get a Smash 5? The world may never know...
I would imagine Miyamoto since he worked closely with Sakurai on most, if not all, Smash games.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Yeah ik, it's just that the general Japanese crowd is overall better than the general crowd elsewhere.
Good point ^_^
Wow....I'm really gonna miss this...And i seriously almost forgot about Mewtwo.
HOW COULD YOU?!?! IT'S MEWTWO!!!!!!!!!!
I would imagine Miyamoto since he worked closely with Sakurai on most, if not all, Smash games.
I'd like to see that too. Miyamoto being the new Sakurai would be pretty amazing.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
RIP Pic of the Day

Hopefully Sakurai will take a long break soon after the DLC is all done. I am just thankful that he made these amazing games for us.
Yes he can rest... when Wolf is playable

He said he's not done yet, he's working on Mewtwo, so why not Wolf as well, Star Fox U is coming out before Zelda U after all.
Take a load off, Mr. Sakurai. You've earned it.

Or at least take a breather before DLC stuff gets under way...
Yes a breather
DUDE WHOA

Sakurai has an undercover account on SmashBoards!!
If he does, then he better fulfill the one requirement I have for this iteration of smash.:wolf: playable.
Well until we get new DLC info
Happy Smashing.

MM720

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM720
3DS FC
0259-0380-4806
RIP POTD

2013-2014

You will be missed.....

Gionni

Smash Apprentice
I will miss the pics of the day, I went the entirety of 8th grade with sakurai's posts every morning to hype me for this awesome game, I think that we should be really thankful to him, not just for the game but with everything else he did for us, the fans

D

Deleted member

He said he's not done yet, he's working on Mewtwo, so why not Wolf as well, Star Fox U is coming out before Zelda U after all.
I'm hoping that Wolf is a DLC character. I really miss him on the roster...

I guess we will have to wait and see.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
Ah... well we can now create our own potd in smash so therea no need to whine at sakurai for ir anymore.

Im glad sakurai gives us mewtwo. Im wondering how much work a new character has to be... wondering even further, could there be more on the way? Wolf would really fulfill my needs. I liked him a lot in Brawl.

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda

Yes a breather

If he does, then he better fulfill the one requirement I have for this iteration of smash.:wolf: playable.
Well until we get new DLC info
Happy Smashing.
I never really liked Wolf too much (maybe a little in Project M), but I really want him in SSB4. He's not even a clone, he's more like a Luigi-style clone. Wolf has the same special moveset but strongly altered and a completely different everything-else-moveset. Plus he's badass and seems to be more important in the StarFox franchise than Falco.

Modular Zeal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tsquared
3DS FC
2750-1105-6750
Well, now that the wonderful Smash Bros ride is over, time to transfer to the Star Fox and Zelda Wii U hypetrain!!

Ryan.

Smash Lord
It's sad that it's ending but it's been a great run. I looked forward to looking at the pic of the day very morning. It was literally the first thing I did lol.

Top Bottom