• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - September 24th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Super Smash Bros. for WiiU & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai said: "Pic of the day. PAC-MAN makes an appearance on the PictoChat 2 stage. We've included this as an element from Pac-Pix, which was released in 2005. It was quite revolutionary."

He also included a second picture with the comment "There are a lot of new elements in the PictoChat 2 stage. In this screenshot, it looks like there is depth to the stage…or like there isn't. The illusory nature of the drawing is meant to challenge your perspective."

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
First! The stage looks pretty meh to me. When r we getting Wii U gameplay?:sick:

Last edited:

Depster

Smash Champion
Hm so is there going to be a lot of stuff going on in the background then?

Last edited:

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
Sakurai, you know we love you and all, but:
Moar Wii U info please.

Last edited:

CrowGoesCaw

Smash Journeyman
I assume the illusion is with the 3d on. I wonder what comment about '...or like there isn't' about the perspective means?

WaveDashCash

Smash Apprentice
Well, with this and the Corneria secrets, at least some of the old stages are getting some new elements. Should make up for the somewhat disappointing selection.

Demie Duken

Smash Cadet
NNID
DemieDuken
3DS FC
3136-7415-2711
First y'all didn't want all the menus, now you don't want the stage sights. Gosh you guys are hard to please.

Frankly I like the perspective idea to take advantage of the 3-D function, which is something that's underused [under-appreciated, even] in most games on the 3DS. A step-up from the first Pictochat for sure.

Last edited:

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
Some Game & Watch elements in PC2 would be awesome.

Qsmash

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty sure he doesn't expect you to care at this point. This is basically how Brawl's updates went post release.

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
Pac-Pix kind of created the modern-day iPhone game the way Pac-Land created the platformer. I'm really happy that Sakurai understands that these mascots are more than just cartoons. They have cultural importance.

KrymsonSkyz

Smash Apprentice
First y'all didn't want all the menus, now you don't want the stage sights. Gosh you guys are hard to please.

Frankly I like the perspective idea to take advantage of the 3-D function, which is something that's underused [under-appreciated, even] in most games on the 3DS. A step-up from the first Pictochat for sure.
You're gonna sit there and honestly tell me you'd use the 3D feature for more than like 10 minutes? Really?

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
Well that's interesting. So is it adding on to give pictochat 2 more variations or is it replacing the old version entirely with these?

elitex12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elite X
3DS FC
5429-8241-5452
All of you... calm yourselves. I'm sure Sakurai will put more Wii U info out when the 3ds version is out everywhere else, I mean I want it to, but I can at least wait.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
Well, with this and the Corneria secrets, at least some of the old stages are getting some new elements. Should make up for the somewhat disappointing selection.
imo it doesn't. but whatever.

do stages take up a lot of room? IMO I wouldve preferred less trophies than brawl and no mp3 player music mode if we got a great selection of stages.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Mega Man playing Street Fighter in the second pic. He's going to Shoryuken everybody.

Demie Duken

Smash Cadet
NNID
DemieDuken
3DS FC
3136-7415-2711
You're gonna sit there and honestly tell me you'd use the 3D feature for more than like 10 minutes? Really?
Yes, I really am telling you this. If my system is a 3DS I'm gonna put it to some use. Of course I don't use it at its fullest [I go at least halfway on the feature], but it seems like a waste of $70 when I play a supported game and don't even nudge my slider.

Last edited:

chkenparm

Smash Cadet
Yes, I really am telling you this. If my system is a 3DS I'm gonna put it to some use. Of course I don't use it at its fullest [I go at least halfway on the feature], but it seems like a waste of $70 when I play a supported game and don't even nudge my slider.
He's not even talking about a 3D option, he's talking about how the drawing in the stage is an optical illusion...

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
Been wondering about this stage since I saw it in the demo. Pictochat was one of my favorite Brawl stages, and I'm not too big on the initial stage list so far, so I'm glad this will be similar but updated.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I agree. I'm currently playing the hard route of Star Fox 64 3D with the slider on full and gyro controls, but I just really love the 3D feature for this. Sure the 3D may not be appropriate for using 24/7 depending on how long you can adjust to playing that way but it's a neat feature. I've also used the 3D for OOT 3D and MK7 which look good for those games but I usually just go half way with the 3D for those games.

I'll probably use 3D on Smash 4 even less than those games but the 3D looks pretty decent.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 268018

Considering I don't have a WiiU right now, I care very much for these 3DS updates. Gets me excited. If I had to choose between 3DS and WiiU, I'd want both though! Smash on the go is awesome!

EgeDal

Smash Journeyman
Well, I haven't watched any streams/leaks yet, so I actually do care about this update. Pictochat was one of my favorite stages in Brawl.
spoiler
duck hunt dog, ness, jigglypuff, dark pit, dr.mario and no mewtwo, ridley or k.rool

now you know everything you need

Last edited by a moderator:

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
But like how is that even possible? you have to move the screen which messes up the 3D
It's pretty hard actually. The screen messes up the 3D a little bit but it doesn't bother me. The gyro controls is the hardest thing to get used to, and I'm only decent with it. I started using the analog every now and then when doing the hard route when I got up to Zoness. I'm only trying to give the game some replay value for me since there's no online multiplayer. :l

Top Bottom