• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - September 1st

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Super Smash Bros. for WiiU & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai said: "The legendary hero Riki appears as an Assist Trophy and in Shulk's Final Smash!! As an Assist Trophy, he uses many arts like Happy Happy, Freezinate, and Yoink! He sounds a bit like Tingle...but don't worry, Tingle will make an appearance too.

By the way, a cursor will appear above Assist Trophies and Pokémon to indicate which fighter is its ally. Now you can tell right off the bat who it belongs to!!"

Last edited by a moderator:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
inb4 Chrom is also an Assist Trophy

Pokefan203

Smash Apprentice
If a character could be in a final smash and an assist trophy at the same time... What if they could be a FS and a character at the same time?

Chrom confirmed
Megaman X confirmed

Not really, though that could lead to them as assist trophies.

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
This is an epic POTD.
I still want Bad Mr. Frosty n Ickibob Clay to be in

Last edited:

monadoboy

Smash Lord
"Riki try reeally hard!" So happy to see the legendary heropon and his sidekick in Smash. But what about the rest of the party? Melia with Reyn, Sharla FS?

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
So...we can have a character who is both an assist trophy and something else?

What are you getting at here Senpai?

ohgodpleaselettherebeaLyndischaracterandtrophy

Sen. Sawft

Professional Laundry Folder
NNID
Sawft
3DS FC
4940-6793-4197
"...don't worry, Tingle will make an appearance too."
Oh Joy....

JCDied4U

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sieger
Kinda wish Reyn or Fiora would have been in the final smash then. Riki isn't that important lol.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
It's pretty cool to see Xenoblade get a small focus to draw interest. I never got to play the game, but I admit Shulk's move sets definitely makes me interested in the original game. Hope we get to see the New 3DS Xenoblade remake so I can finally play the game.

BlackMagicMaster

Smash Rookie
maybe its just a random chance as to who is in Shulk's final smash, and this time it was Dunban and Riki

Also "TINGLE TINGLE KOOLIM-PAH!!!!" .....that is all........

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Maybe you can change FS characters based on costume/pallet swap? I'd love to see Reyn make an appearance.

YoPoYo9100

Smash Apprentice
At least people won't be confused as to who got what Pokemon or assist trophy.

I'm also interested to see what Riki does in Shulks Final Smash.

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
Heropon Riki!! He was such a lovable character in Xenoblade and I'm glad he's an assist trophy...but when will it ever be Reyn Time?!

Turmalinium

Smash Apprentice
I first thought that Riki was another playable character... Sakurai dont mess with me.

NintyTheRagekid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NintyTheRageKid
3DS FC
5455-9431-1608
Switch FC
SW-2209-3322-3333
Wow, Shulk looks like Lana in this POTD.

(Side note and kinda off-topic: I accidentally posted this message in the amiibo thread when it was actually for here. That explains the "WHOOPS WRONG THREAD" post I have there.)

Last edited:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
The love for Riki is indeed strong within Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS! This pleases me greatly ^_^ I use to not care for Riki during my first play through of Xenoblade Chronicles, which was a major shame because during my second play through I grew more fond of Riki, his weird speech, the fact that he's a father, and eventually he become more enduring as the game went on. Eventually my party only consisted of Shulk, Dunban and Riki, just like Shulk's Final Smash :p

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
That 'thing' has the most annoying voice ever. No love from me for that stupid creature.

About the assist trophy indicator, that is just awesome. I wonder if pokémon will have the same thing...

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
What else can Tingle show up as? He's already an Assist Trophy.

I swear he better not be in any Legend of Zelda Final Smashes....and there will be blood to pay if he's a playable character. I will literally flip.

So, for sanity's sake, my guess would be stage hazard is the only other role for Tingle. I can live with that...

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
All these assist trophies are great, and I'm not actually complaining or anything, but... Do we even know of one Donkey Kong AT yet?

I would just think that Rambi or one of the kongs would be a given. I really hope DK gets at least some recognition in that department, too, unlike Brawl.

madBowers

Smash Rookie
NNID
Adamsrewob
3DS FC
1177-9203-9654
Shulk looks so good. Too bad I won't be maining him.
It's a bit early to be saying that. I plan to try out everyone at least once to see who I like. Even if you don't like the series they are from you may find you enjoy their play style.

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
All these assist trophies are great, and I'm not actually complaining or anything, but... Do we even know of one Donkey Kong AT yet?

I would just think that Rambi or one of the kongs would be a given. I really hope DK gets at least some recognition in that department, too, unlike Brawl.
I agree. All of these new Assist Trophies are fantastic, but the fact that Donkey Kong doesn't have one yet(outside of the surprisingly elusive, not even sure if its real because there is no proof Chunky Kong) is mind boggling. I really like the idea of Rambi, it would be like Gogoat, where you can ride him, but obviously he would be a bit stronger. Or Lanky Kong, Or Chunky, or anyone really. Just doesn't seem right that all of these other series get a new one(or multiple new ones) but Donkey Kong still sits at zero after two games. Let's just hope Sakurai is saving it for later.

flying_tortoise

Smash Journeyman
Idk I actually thought not knowing whose pokemon was whose was so much of the crazy fun when with friends. You lose a stock because you could have sworn that the pokemon was yours, so the next time everyone sees a snorlax everyone tries to get the heck out of there.

Top Bottom