• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - September 1st

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
That 'thing' has the most annoying voice ever. No love from me for that stupid creature.
I bet you're the life of the party.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
Rambeard said:
Shulk looks so good. Too bad I won't be maining him.
It's a bit early to be saying that. I plan to try out everyone at least once to see who I like. Even if you don't like the series they are from you may find you enjoy their play style.

It's actually pretty dumb to say that. You CAN main him if you want, why is it too bad?

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Awww, no "Roly Poly keep on rolliiiing!"

Well i hope to see maybe Reyn as an AT too, saying "It's Reyn time!" and using Wild Down to trip opponents.

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
I agree. All of these new Assist Trophies are fantastic, but the fact that Donkey Kong doesn't have one yet(outside of the surprisingly elusive, not even sure if its real because there is no proof Chunky Kong) is mind boggling. I really like the idea of Rambi, it would be like Gogoat, where you can ride him, but obviously he would be a bit stronger. Or Lanky Kong, Or Chunky, or anyone really. Just doesn't seem right that all of these other series get a new one(or multiple new ones) but Donkey Kong still sits at zero after two games. Let's just hope Sakurai is saving it for later.
I've kept these sentiments reserved for a while because I had hope, but honestly, it's starting to make me somewhat bitter just how much the Donkey Kong series has been getting shafted in this game in favor of others, purportedly. No new character when everyone thought at least either Dixie or K. Rool were a given, no new Wii U or 3DS stage as of yet (Jungle Japes from Melee is returning yet AGAIN), no new items (and the only items it does technically have are the hammer and spring; just two more obscure ones), and no bosses that we know of at all...

Donkey Kong Country Returns left its mark in sales with well over 5 million and counting (I know sales don't all that much matter, but I'm just expressing how much of an impact the franchise has had as of late, and with its fans), and while the 3DS port didn't even conjure 3 quarters that much, it still outsold Kid Icarus Uprising, which is on the receiving end of the equivalent of a feast when it comes to content for its fanbase... It isn't that I'm not happy for them or anything, but I just wish Sakurai would throw us DK fans a bone once in a while too. Really, that's all I ask for. I want to stay hyped for this game, yet so many factors keep jabbing at me irritably. I'm sure I'll still enjoy it, of course, but definitely probably not so much as I could have had. I know this game wasn't made for me or anyone else solely in mind, anyway, so, oh well. That's life, I guess.

Last edited:

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Kinda wish Reyn or Fiora would have been in the final smash then. Riki isn't that important lol.
I have a theory that Shulk's Final Smash has him rotating between different teammates through his Final Smash, like a different combination of them will come to aid him. It may not be the case, but its still possible.

Last edited:

Rambeard

Smash Apprentice
It's a bit early to be saying that. I plan to try out everyone at least once to see who I like. Even if you don't like the series they are from you may find you enjoy their play style.
Of course I'll be playing every character at least once, but I already plan to go into the lab with Sonic and Pikachu and try to figure things out with those two before anyone else.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Not even Chrom get this kind of treatment!
Chrom is really friend zoned by smash bros.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Not even Chrom get this kind of treatment!
Chrom is really friend zoned by smash bros.
We have a much sexier and manlier blue haired sword wielding guy. So that's why Chrom is side lined so his pride as a man is not smashed to bits.

Marth also has blue hair, but Marth's femininity is not threatened by Ike's overwhelming masculinity at all. Martha is Marth's only true competition for the 10-Times-A-Fabulous-And-Fierce-Sword-Lady title... I mean Lucina, not Martha.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I am a bit salty that they decided to use Riki twice. I understand Monolith likes the character but I hope that the Final Smash will rotate between team mates. Plus, I feel it is a wasted opportunity to not include Reyn, Fiora, or maybe even a Xenoblade villain as an Assist. I am glad to see Metal Face has a potential stage boss, though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom