• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - September 18th

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
Reminds me of that one "Ninten" kid on Miiverse who keeps asking for Ninten, Young Link with the Masks and Goemon on every single one of Sakurai's posts. In Japanese, too. Persistent little bugger, he is.
Thx-you and yes, I am an persistent dreamer to get things what's needed to be reckon and make sure it'll happen!^_~

WaveDashCash

Smash Apprentice
Ya gotta admire the great design. As harsh as I am on these menu shots, these are some really beautiful images.

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
I can see pit after zelda, Sakurai why are you being so bias?

Hero of the Winds

Smash Journeyman
nope... mains are dumb anyways, but just because you've made more kills with one character does not mean that you are best with that one. It's just that you've played more with that character. I'd recommend people having more different characters and not really main someone. You'll be boring as hell if you always have only one or two characters you can play with.
I don't think you 100% understand "mains"...

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Samus confrimed OU Tier, Kappa
I wonder if they played a Japanese and an English game exactly the same way to make the photos or just shopped the Japanese to put english letters

Last edited:

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
I play with lots of characters. Doesn't mean I can't main three or four as well.
well yeah, that's actually what I like. Play different characters. For some reason, I always see people with a main pick the same character round after round after round... it's just too boring to watch after two matches.

Who are you to tell people how they should play the game?
Among other things, it is also more efficient in competitive play as well to stick to one or 2 mains until you have perfected them.
Well, i don't belive someone can perfect a character. I belive in creating your own way of playing with a character more. I'm not demanding people to stop maining. I just say how i think about maining. It's opinion-based. Sorry if that wasn't clear. ^^
"Mains are dumb" is over-simplifying things a lot, and I say this as someone who walks on both sides of the line. In PM I consider Ivysaur my main, but I have Yoshi, Mewtwo, and R.O.B. as close seconds, and Mario and Fox as wildcards. On the other hand, I've won two Brawl tournaments while exclusively using R.O.B. (excepting only one match I was forced to switch to Falco because of a Pit counter-pick).

I get that your point is probably that you would've been bored to watch me use one character to first place, but sometimes that's what works. Besides, it's not purely a competitive game - there are plenty of casuals who exclusively play a character because they love the character, regardless of whether they can use their moves effectively (heck, even competitively I'm like this with Mewtwo... he's not my best, but I still frequently rely on him just because I have a personal attachment).
you're right man. As i said, it's opinion-based but i kinda made it look like i'm stating a fact. ^^ Everyone should choose their own style. I like diversity a lot. It makes you more fun as a foe since you're not predictable in how you play after two matches. Yes i would be bored if i had to watch you play as ROB the whole tournament. Still it's your choice to play that way and if it works you have one good argument there.

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
@ Wasp Wasp , I see what you mean. I like changing it up, specifically if I feel my opponent's reading my moves too much.

Duskinja

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yoshibrothers505
If he favored Samus that much he would put a Zero Mission stage in the 3DS instead of the suck***Brinstar.
I love how this post sounded more like a complaint than a simple response.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
If he favored Samus that much he would put a Zero Mission stage in the 3DS instead of the suck***Brinstar.
Am I the only person in the world who actually likes Brinstar? Back in the days when it only had one song, I used musical cues to tell me when the acid was rising.

Last edited:
Top Bottom