• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - September 10th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Super Smash Bros. for WiiU & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai said: "Pic of the day. Users in Japan, you can now download the demo for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS! You can pick among 5 fighters with which to play. The stage is Battlefield, and the rules are fixed. There will be a few items and assist trophies available too. You can battle via local wireless, so have fun battling with your friends. For users outside of Japan, stay tuned for more news about the demo for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS. Screen shot is from Japanese version."

He also included a second picture saying "The only mode available on the demo version is Smash, but I also left open a feature called Tips. Just remember to tap that button. You'll figure the rest out once you do."

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Second screenshot is presumably localized demo screenshot I'm hype

silvR1995

Smash Journeyman
NNID
silvRboLt1995
3DS FC
0834-0571-4339
Aww man...

Thanks, Sakurai. Rub that crap RIGHT IN MY FACE.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
"Oh, and later on tonight, the demo of Smash 3DS will be available for download in all countries! Happy Smashing!"

one can only dream

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Stay tuned to what? Nintendo Treehouse? Sakurai's pics? Well then, what?

Kirbybrawl

Smash Cadet
Wow I honestly didn't think this game would get a demo. Nintendo must have realized that not everyone can go to there events. I hope we get a demo on Thursday

Axe2TheMax

Smash Rookie
NNID
Axe2TheMax
3DS FC
1676-3697-0849
Pic of the Day. People in the superior country of Japan can play the demo while you losers everywhere else can look forward to what you already have.

Fluggerson

Smash Apprentice
You guys are clearly missing the meaning of the picture.

Smash Run: Participants and Prizes

Now take the first letters of that title and you get

SR : P&P

Another meaning of this would be

Small Rivalries in Pride & Prejudice

One small rivalry in Pride and Prejudice was of Lydia and her older sisters Lizzy and Jane. Even though she was the youngest, she wanted to prove that she was just as good as her other sisters. I won't tell more because some of you haven't read the novel.

Anyways, you are probably asking : How the heck is this related to Smash? Well the answer is simple, really. Lydia, Jane, and Lizzy were sisters, or SIBLINGS. Who else were siblings in Smash? Popo and Nana. Still don't know who the heck that is? Gtfo!

ICE CLIMBERS CONFIRMED FOR SMASH. SAKURAI IS A GENIUS WITH THESE PICS (I have too much time on my hands)

Last edited:

RIP|Merrick

Absolute Trash
NNID
Merricktherox
3DS FC
4339-2630-2726
I'd hate to see the comment section here once people discover this pic later in the day.

In other news; the promise of having a playable demo will be nice! :) Watching some people stream the Japanese demo, notably Vgbootcamp (Mew2King, GimR, etc) and Gamexplain (Andre) has me pretty hyped to at last get a feel for the controls and such!~

pickle962

Smash Lord
Wow...

****ING WOW SAKURAI!!!!

This is even worse than that close up of Luigi's nose we had for the 100th pic of the day and no I am NOT joking or trying to be witty!

Hackers, your mission should you choose to accept it is...ahh screw it! Picture of the Day will cease to be relevant by Friday anyway....*sigh*

Still, this is absolutely the worst picture of the day we have ever had!

D

Deleted member

deleted account

Last edited by a moderator:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Seems to be implying a worldwide demo eventually. That's something!

Also the Pic of the Day won't be irrelevant by Friday oh wait I forgot that everything is filler on Smash Boards if it isn't a character reveal.

Last edited:

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Can someone explain to me why this is bad? Cause I see confirmation of a demo and I'm hyped.
Yeah, why is everyone so upset about this? We already knew that Japan would get it before us, and this way we can watch a bunch of professionals stream their hands-on time with the final build of the game; I've been doing so, and it looks awesome!

This is just enough to get us more hyped for the Japanese release with all the characters and stages, and it basically confirms that NA will get a demo sometime soon as well.

Just because we don't have it now isn't a good reason to complain...

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
This is absolutely hysterical.

Oh my...

This was the best PotD we've had. Literally my single favorite one.

I've learned to eat salt and it is delicious.

Kinsei

Smash Rookie
Yeah, why is everyone so upset about this? We already knew that Japan would get it before us, and this way we can watch a bunch of professionals stream their hands-on time with the final build of the game; I've been doing so, and it looks awesome!

This is just enough to get us more hyped for the Japanese release with all the characters and stages, and it basically confirms that NA will get a demo sometime soon as well.

Just because we don't have it now isn't a good reason to complain...
It's not the fact that Japan is getting the demo early (Although I'm sure everyone in NA and Europe would prefer a simultaneous world wide release), but rather the fact that they decided to make a pic of the day dedicated to rubbing in the faces of everyone without a Japanese 3DS.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Sakurai almost confirmed that the demo is coming worldwide. And if you ask me, I have the feeling it will be in the 12th during the Treehouse event or the next week tops.
Angry because its still some days later? The japanese are getting the full game this Friday too anyways. No point in getting upset at this point and just wait the rest of the days frozen or something.

And a bit off topic. I wonder how possible would be to hack the demo and play with other characters or even yet, discover information on non-leaked secret characters.

gamer8

Smash Lord
inb4 someone makes a long post again about how everyone who doesn't like the picture is spoiled and ungrateful and gets 20 likes for it

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
For users outside of Japan, stay tuned for more news about the demo for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS

Don't tease us Sakurai!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My guess is that the announcement here on Friday won't involve a character, but will be a confirmation that we'll get the demo.

Don't know why people are so upset about this... Again. Of course Japan is going to get it first. We might be lucky and have a demo available upon Friday-Saturday this week.

This by itself kind of is confirmation though. Otherwise, Sakurai wouldn't make this a pic of the day. That'd make no sense.

Trav11111

Smash Cadet
I have to say I'm disappointed. I'm not referring to the PotD. I joined Smash boards because I like the excitement and community, but after seeing the responses to the PotD I'm ashamed. Sakurai has given his fans (us) pictures everyday just because he wanted to. Most developers never talk to their fans except at big events. I am most upset at the statements saying he's giving "bad pictures" to upset us.

I like everything I've seen, because I've gotten an in depth look at how a game progresses over time. I am happy with Sakurai and thank him for the gift he never needed to give.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
I'm surprised so many people are upset. The pic of the day is a title screen, but the real goodie from today is the demo itself. We've gotten to watch people play the game now and it looks sooooooo crispy! That has me more hyped than any new character or individual POTD possibly could.

Top Bottom