• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - October 8th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Super Smash Bros. for WiiU & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai said: "Pic of the day. The Flying Men that appear in the Magicant stage will ally with the first fighter that touches them. Watch out for their flying cross-chop attacks! They also accumulate damage, and a grave gets erected every time a Flying Man falls in battle. And of course, only up to five Flying Men can appear at a time."

lob

Smash Cadet
NNID
FunkyLobster
3DS FC
0877-1680-1612
this honestly ruined the stage for me, i thought it was really nice until all the hazards started popping up

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Why even have Ness hidden under secret characters with a spoiler message? lol

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
Did Sakurai just reveal Ness to those who didn't know about him avoiding spoilers? I know most people know by now, but Sakurai even put a "Secret Characters Unveiled" section on the main site. Seems a bit pointless with this pic of the day when he goes out of his way to avoid spoilers in my opinion.

Last edited:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
this honestly ruined the stage for me, i thought it was really nice until all the hazards started popping up
What is Omega Magicent

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
OMG Ness confirmed!.... :troll:
Anyway, the Flying Men is the only reason why I mostly play Magicant in Omega Mode

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Hides Ness away in the "Secret Fighters Unveiled!" section.
Shows Ness in a Pic of the Day to be put on the front page of the website.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Eh, everyone needs to be spoiled. I think he put those character under "Secret Characters" just for pretenses.

I find it hilarious people thought the 3DS images would be finally over after the Japanese release and then the International release. Hilarious. I don't mind them though as I like the 3DS version and we will be getting further 3DS PotD until the Wii U release.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
This is a forum for competitive discussion. Almoxt everyone hates fun here. I don't even know why I haven't left yet.
People play competitively because they find it fun why is that so hard for people to understand....

D

Deleted member

This is a forum for competitive discussion. Almoxt everyone hates fun here. I don't even know why I haven't left yet.
Umm dude fun is subjective and this is coming from a casual smash fan.
BTW you spelled "almost" wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Oh Suckerai, no one else can troll and contradict themselves as much as you can.:awesome:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
"Mr. Sakurai, we finished putting the three characters on the website, they're in a secret section and there's a spoiler warning and everything, sir!"
"Good."
"What's next, sir?"
"Me casually revealing one of them and their stage on the Pic of the Day and the front page of the website without saying their name at all."
"Uhhh... si-"
"Yes, I'm still alive."

Last edited:

EgeDal

Smash Journeyman
"Mr. Sakurai, we finished putting the three characters on the website, they're in a secret section and there's a spoiler warning and everything, sir!"
"Good."
"What's next, sir?"
"Me casually revealing one of them and their stage on the Pic of the Day and the front page of the website without saying their name at all."
"Uhhh... si-"
"Yes, I'm still alive."
not funny

Demie Duken

Smash Cadet
NNID
DemieDuken
3DS FC
3136-7415-2711
It seems odd Ness was a hidden character yet not Captain Falcon, and vise versa. And I will never understand the logic behind making Wario of all people a hidden character.
Especially considering the two former were available from the start in Melee and the latter from Brawl. Even more so is that Jigglypuff is the last to be unlocked chronologically in battle numbers. I understand having a lot of formally introduced characters available from the start (from the early dev. stage), but the initial roster seems less "veterans ready to go" and more "slew of newcomers in the mix to see who can get beat up the most." At least, that's how I viewed it.

Demie Duken

Smash Cadet
NNID
DemieDuken
3DS FC
3136-7415-2711
Flying Man is more than an "assist trophy" given how smart he is about staying on the stage. I thought he'd go away after a short time, but when he stayed for nearly the whole match... I disposed of him myself. Was he supposed to be an early concept of the amiibo? Because that's what it feels like to me, of course assuming amiibos will function the same way.

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Flying Man is so well fleshed out, if you were to show me footage of him before release I would've believed he was a playable character.

Still, I wish there were an option to disable features like this sometimes. It's a fun feature when you're just fooling around, but unfortunately, he's probably the only reason Magicant can't* be a competitive stage. Likewise with Yellow Devil. Buuut since the game's already released, there's no sense keeping my eggs in that basket...

...*Magican't. Sorry, I Magicouldn't resist.

NoiseHERO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NoiseHERO
3DS FC
4038-7106-6271
These guys are super awesome.......

When I'm the one that activates them.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Flying man should have been a character.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Flying man should have been a character.
DLC Flying Man and the Magnus and Saki Assist Trophies, to be honest they all have most of the moves required and I'd play the heck out of Flying Man

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Tell that to the Masked Man fanboys. They will tear you to shreds.
What the hell is masked man gonna do? Pick you up and shake you? He has no skills that Sakurai can take off him while staying true to the character and series.

But birdman... he's a full fledged mma fighter

Top Bottom