• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - November 25th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai said: "Pic of the day. The Orbital Gate, which was shown in yesterday's post, looks like a space station, as you can see in this picture. There was also a pic of the day where the fighters are going through the center gate. "

Sakurai posted an additional image and said "…By the way, this model is actually a trophy. Diorama style. The Orbital Gate Assault stage actually took a whole year to complete."

Kid_Carlton13

Smash Cadet
NNID
KidCarlton13
3DS FC
0447-6623-7476
Idk about you but I really like that music when you enter the store it sounds so cool I piano playing with its elegance. Just marvelous!!!

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
yeah, let's stand on top of a flying spaceship in battle and not fall off n stuff xD

but yeah, cool stage. gonna love this one

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
how in the world did it take a whole year for just one stage??? This has got to be the most spectacular stage ever. At least I hope so, because smash would had been released way sooner if it wasn't for this stage to be created for such a long time...

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Wait, does he mean the Smash Bros. stage, or the stage for this mission in Star Fox Assault? I'd have an easier time believing the latter since there's a lot going on in that level.

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
how in the world did it take a whole year for just one stage??? This has got to be the most spectacular stage ever. At least I hope so, because smash would had been released way sooner if it wasn't for this stage to be created for such a long time...
LOL that reading comprehension. They weren't ONLY working on that stage for a whole year, if they were just working on the stage it wouldn't have taken a year. Obviously they had multiple aspects of the game in development at the same time, this particular one just happened to stretch out over the span of a year while they were also working on other things that filled up the rest of that year. So no, the game wouldn't have released one year earlier without this stage, since the 3DS doesn't have this stage and it only came out 10 weeks (Japan 3DS release to NA Wii U release) before Smash Bros Wii U.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Come on guys he said the "original" Orbital Gate stage, clearly implying the one in Starfox Assualt.

EgeDal

Smash Journeyman
I find it funny how Sakurai is always whining or telling us how hard this game is to make. I mean ok, i'm sure it was hard to make, it's probably really tiring. But every game (big ones like Smash) is hard to make, you think making a Tekken game is easier? It's also a fighting game, i never see the developer always telling fans about stuff he's having hard times with or just saying "this is a good game!" or "making this game took too much time!". We all freaking know that making this game is hard and takes a lot of time, but you're not alone Sakurai, chill.
You're also being paid a lot for this remember?

PlayerXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShailsPT
3DS FC
3652-1682-9410
I find it funny how Sakurai is always whining or telling us how hard this game is to make. I mean ok, i'm sure it was hard to make, it's probably really tiring. But every game (big ones like Smash) is hard to make, you think making a Tekken game is easier? It's also a fighting game, i never see the developer always telling fans about stuff he's having hard times with or just saying "this is a good game!" or "making this game took too much time!". We all freaking know that making this game is hard and takes a lot of time, but you're not alone Sakurai, chill.
I actually think he was referring to the Orbital Gate in Star Fox Assault, not in Sm4sh Wii U. So it's more of a small curiousity than him saying "I a NEED 7 YEAR LONG VACATION AFTER THIS"

Last edited:

Glottis

Smash Cadet
That's not how video game development works dude...
They still had other things (including other stages) they where working on simultaneously as they were working on this stage. The game got delayed yes (like most Nintendo games do, because they prefer finely polished finished products), but it wasn't just this stage that pushed back the release date.

KaBlamJamDan

Smash Ace
NNID
Kablamjamdan
3DS FC
5129-0509-8499
I doubt everyone on the team were working on this ONE stage.

They probably have a small amount people working on this while they had other people doing different stuff and this happened to took over a year to finish due to the size and background element going on.

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
Come on guys he said the "original" Orbital Gate stage, clearly implying the one in Starfox Assualt.
"The Orbital Gate Assault stage actually took a whole year to complete."
Says nothing about the"original" stage in Star Fox: Assault because Sakurai is actually talking about the Smash Wii U stage.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I find it funny how people like you are always lacking reading comprehension skills. There is a difference between whining and sharing information, and I don't recall Sakurai doing the former. I don't even know why you mistake the fact that he is telling us about the time it took to make the stage as whining when he is simply sharing tidbits of information that people may like to know once in a while; it's as if you've never had a normal conversation with someone before. When someone talks to you about something do you tend to confuse it as whining as well?

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Goddamn, a whole year? Its one of favorite stages and omega versions, so its no wonder I like it so much.

With bayonetta 2 and now smash bros, I wonder if this is Nintendo's way of hinting Star Fox U

Diamond DHD

Smash Journeyman
Goddamn, a whole year? Its one of favorite stages and omega versions, so its no wonder I like it so much.

With bayonetta 2 and now smash bros, I wonder if this is Nintendo's way of hinting Star Fox U
I thought they already announced Star Fox U, they had Miyamoto in front of a blurred screen.

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
thank you for all your hard work smash team and sakuari. I look forward to giving you more of my money with hopefully more DLC.

TKDbeast

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kyle
Then they are teasing us :p
I dunno. I think they were kinda doing both at the same time, though not exactly teasing us in the way you think. Remember that 5 second clip of lucario and blaziken about to fight? That turned out to be a clip of an upcoming fighting game.

Liggli

Smash Apprentice
A year to complete it, but they were probably building several stages at the same time, or fixing music and sounds at the same time.

Also, the stage could have been on hold for 8 months before the final touches was applied.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
So you're telling me that if we had a hacked camera like we did in PM 3.5, we could see that planet Earth (or Coneria or whatever) and notice that it's not an entire sphere?

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
I was really hoping for Star Fox Wii U in that last direct. I guess I'll have to play on this beautiful stage in the meantime.

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
I knew this stage was wayyy more amazing than the others. I understand why it took a whole year to complete.

ProfessorTakehiko

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1736-0240-2597
Reminds me of those thingy's that look like that from Star Wars. Obviously, because Star Fox is suppose to be like Star Wars...but with animals. How charming, Nintendo.

EgeDal

Smash Journeyman
I find it funny how people like you are always lacking reading comprehension skills. There is a difference between whining and sharing information, and I don't recall Sakurai doing the former. I don't even know why you mistake the fact that he is telling us about the time it took to make the stage as whining when he is simply sharing tidbits of information that people may like to know once in a while; it's as if you've never had a normal conversation with someone before. When someone talks to you about something do you tend to confuse it as whining as well?
You need help

I actually think he was referring to the Orbital Gate in Star Fox Assault, not in Sm4sh Wii U. So it's more of a small curiousity than him saying "I a NEED 7 YEAR LONG VACATION AFTER THIS"
I didn't really mean this actually, i was talking about his behaviour in general :)

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
You need help

I didn't really mean this actually, i was talking about his behaviour in general :)
I have a grasp at the basics for reading comprehension at the very least. You...not so much.

Last edited:

beauhappyday

Smash Rookie
A whole year. I believe it! There's an incredible amount of detail, and so much stuff going on in the stage. Thanks for all the hard work, Smash team! It's great!

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
You're misinterpreting the way he is saying it. He's just giving us an idea of the amount of effort that went into this game... which was for me and you. Correct me if I'm wrong, but most game developers don't have online communities that they directly share information about their games with their fans, so they have no outlet to "whine" even if they want to. If they did... I'm certain they would. Especially if the developer has a fan base that can be as picky, demanding and whiney as Sakurai's fan base.

al-LAYN

Smash Cadet
I'm not fond of Assault, but even I have to admit how beautiful the stage is.

You're misinterpreting the way he is saying it. He's just giving us an idea of the amount of effort that went into this game... which was for me and you. Correct me if I'm wrong, but most game developers don't have online communities that they directly share information about their games with their fans, so they have no outlet to "whine" even if they want to. If they did... I'm certain they would. Especially if the developer has a fan base that can be as picky, demanding and whiney as Sakurai's fan base.
Agreed. Funny thing though, if you go to some of the developers Twitter accounts (Suda51, Hideki Kamiya, Kojima, etc.) they actually have a tendency of talking a lot of the development process of their games (and sometimes they tend to ***** a lot, too).

Top Bottom