• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - November 19th

Omegascizor456

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aldog12
3DS FC
2449-5093-2142
More me- Now this the best thing ever, Tons of modes, balanced character and FREE DEMOS! Now, this is a true masterpiece!
very true and even though I am in school with only a few hours left I need t get home so I can be asleep by like 7 so I am ready at midnight. SO HYPE RIGHT NOW!!!

Omegascizor456

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aldog12
3DS FC
2449-5093-2142
More me- Now this the best thing ever, Tons of modes, balanced character and FREE DEMOS! Now, this is a true masterpiece!
very true and even though I am in school with only a few hours left I need t get home so I can be asleep by like 7 so I am ready at midnight. SO HYPE RIGHT NOW!!!

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Second

I actually enjoy playing the masterpieces, it actually got me to buy the games later on.
The only reason I ever bought Super Metroid for the virtual console was because of the Masterpiece preview that Brawl had. I enjoyed the game, but never got all that far in. I guess it just wasn't for me.

XPyromanicX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Eazy5Flash
3DS FC
0344-9812-7584
I still can't believe that it's now one day before Smash Wii U releases I'm so hype!:colorful:

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Is there a Fire Emblem one? Are there enough Masterpieces to represent all series?

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
Hey... Sakurai... wasn't this already featured on that Fifty [Four] Fact Extravaganza?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
And there's no Mother or Earthbound to be found...
Although I can't find the exact source, SmashWiki says EarthBound is included, and that it's not Japan-only like it was in Brawl....

EDIT: Well, I guess it was in the 50-Fact Extravaganza or something......

Is there a Fire Emblem one? Are there enough Masterpieces to represent all series?
SmashWiki lists a Japan-only Fire Emblem masterpiece.

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
:urg: I really dislike the inclusion of Masterpieces if the time to use them is still limited... I would probably love them much more if they were done how Animal Crossing has implemented (apparently, at least 1 Animal Crossing installment let you play full NES games, etc.). If we can't even play the full game, the development team/Nintendo might as well just release the time-limited Masterpieces to the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS eShops as demonstration versions instead.
Yup, the GameCube Animal Crossing is the reason I didn't use Virtual Console for many NES games. It was a very poor choice for Nintendo's marketing department because a few years later they would sell some of those NES games on the Wii for $5 a game. Getting Animal Crossing was more of a bargain because you got a bunch of NES games AND another full game on top of that.

SOber SOldier

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1693-2980-5673
I thought he'd have something special for the last pic of the day.
But wait. Maybe he will have something on the release day for us.

D

Deleted member

Err...
But anyway my unpopular opinion, I really like Masterpices, it just what I needed in Smash game like this...
These complaints are hardly the same thing.

When people complain about menus, it's because they find the news boring.
What we were complaining about is the content within the game itself.

I don't remember that people actually complained about the menus being in the game, only that they were not given "more interesting things" to look at.

Modular Zeal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tsquared
3DS FC
2750-1105-6750
So, where is the 20th POTD
I really want to see the one for tomorrow when the game comes out!!!

so please don't be late... :(

Darrman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darrman
3DS FC
4785-6377-6170
I liked the masterpieces. I'd have never bought the games otherwise! Hopefully the fix that dreadful loading time, and then brilliant! I hope they lengthen trial lengths, too.

Green_Kirby

Smash Rookie
Wow can't Wait too finally lay my hands on smash 4 i really want to play the master pieces Eeekk.

Redd500

Smash Apprentice
Soooo was yesterday's PoD just my imagination, or did someone drop the ball?

Demie Duken

Smash Cadet
NNID
DemieDuken
3DS FC
3136-7415-2711
When Sakurai said we could actually play the games, I thought he meant we could y'know... play them up to a certain point and not this timed business.

Eh well, most of the Masterpieces in Brawl were games I already played so if the unlockables are anything to look forward to, I shall do so.

Chris Sifniotis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
chrissifniotis
Yes, they retain the time limitations as they did in Brawl, so I'm not quite sure what he meant when he stated "you can actually play the games too."
I'm guessing that's for newcomers to the series and/or people who didn't buy Brawl, but since nearly everyone - and more or less everyone on SmashBoards - is at least aware of Brawl, none of that statement is genuine news, so it shouldn't really be taken as such. It's kind of a 'look at me!' thing.

I'm happy they're back though, the Masterpieces led to my discovery of other great titles and eventual interest in Kirby, F-Zero and Zelda as well as a general re-discovery of games.

Top Bottom