• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - November 18th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai said: "Pic of the day. You can play co-op in all the games in Stadium mode!! In Home-run Contest, you can either work together or compete by taking turns launching Sandbag."

A second picture was also included saying "The batting order gets determined randomly to make it fair for the poor person that has to go first. Target Blast and Home-run Contest are games that you play over and over again, but you might find unique ways to play when you only have one shot at victory."

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
That picture with the bats is incredible.

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
Super dooper! All my least favorite modes available for multiplayer! Literally, I only play these to beat challenges.

I KNOW I KNOW! "Don't be negative! Sakurai works hard!" Usually I'm very positive, this is just one thing I don't care about. Trust me, I will be 100% satisfied with this game. :-)

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
Oh look, something I don't care about. Lol

But seriously I'm about to preorder to more Amiibos!!!

Kid_Carlton13

Smash Cadet
NNID
KidCarlton13
3DS FC
0447-6623-7476
That looks fun. Especially going against my friend who has been owning me Smash 3DS

Rutt Ryler

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2019-9661-0537
I'm going to miss Target Smash (64 & Melee), I just didn't care for Target Blast and got bored of it. Oh well though.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
That bomb has it's own name. Bomb confirmed for Smash 5.

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
Ugh, why can't we get a competitive target test? I would be all over that.

Anyone think there is a chance of target test DLC?

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
Fire Emblem was a pretty poor choice for the batting pic since each character is holding another weapon.

mobilisq

Smash Ace
i think it's likely that these variations will be among the minigames for smash tour as well

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
Well, it isn't something I personally like. xD I like POTD's that are informative rather than comedic. :s
After everything that Nintendo has barfed out over the past year, you want more new information? What the heck?

Chris Sifniotis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
chrissifniotis
After everything that Nintendo has barfed out over the past year, you want more new information? What the heck?
Since I won't be online in nine hours I'll just start the countdown now;
33 hours until WiiU Smash
...for America. :|

Back on topic; I personally don't want more info, but I'll admit to be expecting it at about now. I know it's the first time I've been here waiting for a new Smash game, but I have noticed a pattern in the way he presents new info. I won't be surprised if there is in fact nothing more to know before Thursday, but I also won't be entirely surprised if he does.

He does often provide a secret 'and finally' piece in his directs, it's not entirely unreasonable to think it's possible, although at this time it appears to be very very unlikely.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
If they do DLC I hope they add more modes, I really want race to the finish and board the platforms back, not really feeling the smash tour.

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
Since I won't be online in nine hours I'll just start the countdown now;
33 hours until WiiU Smash
...for America. :|

Back on topic; I personally don't want more info, but I'll admit to be expecting it at about now. I know it's the first time I've been here waiting for a new Smash game, but I have noticed a pattern in the way he presents new info. I won't be surprised if there is in fact nothing more to know before Thursday, but I also won't be entirely surprised if he does.

He does often provide a secret 'and finally' piece in his directs, it's not entirely unreasonable to think it's possible, although at this time it appears to be very very unlikely.
Still, I don't really think it's fair to Sakurai to be disappointed of the PotD after all we've gotten and him having said he'll be posting more silly stuff. Even if he is the biggest troll. But to each their own.

Chris Sifniotis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
chrissifniotis
Still, I don't really think it's fair to Sakurai to be disappointed of the PotD after all we've gotten and him having said he'll be posting more silly stuff. Even if he is the biggest troll. But to each their own.
Oh no, I'm not suggesting that at all; quite the opposite in fact. I agree entirely that being upset over a POTD is unfair on Sakurai - although granted, at one point I did be upset at a POTD. The point I'm making isn't to be upset when Sakurai posts a silly picture, it's that given the past year of development and the way he presents his work, while at this point in time it is now next to impossible - a point I'm happy to concede, there is still some reason to believe that more may yet come. There's still time for one last early POTD.

Personally though I don't really care either way, I was sold the moment word leaked out of what I call Smash 4TW. :laugh:

Smash 4 the win!

Top Bottom